7511 87 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-14 23:02
As I mentioned before, if the RC is fine, no need to send it in.  But if you don't mind, you can also send it in for a diagnosis, we'll send the same RC back to you.

Ok. And does it madder that I did not check that I will be sending the RC in the Case (in returned parts)?
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Bobesh Posted at 2017-8-15 00:02
Ok. And does it madder that I did not check that I will be sending the RC in the Case (in returned parts)?

It doesn't matter, we'll send you an email to tell you what we've actually received.
2017-8-15
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-15 00:17
It doesn't matter, we'll send you an email to tell you what we've actually received.

Great. Thank you.
2017-8-15
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2357828 ft
Spain

The same case every where.

I think there should be a tag for post "Sparks felling from sky"...
Or "we dont know what happend we are sorry, but you can by another one".

Please let us informed about the DJO answer...
2017-8-15
Use props
scottychop1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2513 ft
United States

Mine too hit the deck with no warning.  Boo!
7th flight.
No anomolies in the log
broken gimbal!
2017-8-15
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

SuperCurro Posted at 2017-8-15 06:22
The same case every where.

I think there should be a tag for post "Sparks felling from sky"...

Today I found out that I have to pay for the shipping of Spark because DJI does not do the pickup in the Czech Republic Fortunately, support is kind to me, and apart from German support taking quite a time to reply, it is ok. Parcel company is picking up my Spark tomorrow; then it gets to DJI Netherlands Monday next week.
2017-8-15
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Bobesh Posted at 2017-8-15 06:42
Today I found out that I have to pay for the shipping of Spark because DJI does not do the pickup in the Czech Republic  Fortunately, support is kind to me, and apart from German support taking quite a time to reply, it is ok. Parcel company is picking up my Spark tomorrow; then it gets to DJI Netherlands Monday next week.

that's exciting!!!!
2017-8-15
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

scottychop1 Posted at 2017-8-15 06:36
7th flight.
No anomolies in the log

Well - it seems to happen completely at random. I had over 8 hours of flight time with this Spark before the crash.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

scottychop1 Posted at 2017-8-15 06:36
7th flight.
No anomolies in the log

Have you contacted our Support Team via support.us@dji.com? If yes, please PM me your case number, I'd like to look into it.
2017-8-16
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-16 01:27
Have you contacted our Support Team via ? If yes, please PM me your case number, I'd like to look into it.

I've been trying to contact the support as I have the tracking information ready. But seems it will take a day (again) to reply. Can I pass that information to you to update the case?
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bobesh Posted at 2017-8-16 04:44
I've been trying to contact the support as I have the tracking information ready. But seems it will take a day (again) to reply. Can I pass that information to you to update the case?

Yes, please PM me your info, and I will remark in the case log for you.
2017-8-17
Use props
fanse3e2a663
New
Switzerland

I had the same thing last week, I've been using the spark for a few weeks and bought it specifically for my trip to the greek islands, the drone was fine until the last firmware update (but i really wanted the gesture control for video). One day after a palm launch is just takes off and drops out of the sky and now keeps doing it. I changed the battery and it worked again for the first 2mins, then started happening again.

Glad it's not just me having this issue... luckily for me it wasn't at high altitude as it was a palm launch... but unluckily it landed on concrete so the spark is scratched to hell. I did bring my Mavic on the trip as well as a backup and had no issues with that so got some great footage... weirdly as I was taking off for a shot with the Mavic a girl mentioned she bought a spark for her trip and it's also dead so hasn't been able to get any footage of her trip with it so it's not a localised problem. I know the Mavic had issues in the beginning but it seems that DJI have addressed these so i'm hopeful they'll do the same with the spark eventually.
2017-8-20
Use props
DSaunders
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2999 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-11 22:39
We feel so sorry for the accident you have with the drone. Have you contacted our Support Team via  to report the issue? If yes, please PM me your case number or ticket number. I'll look into it. Also, our engineers will proceed data analysis to check the exact reason.

WOW - you're working on it??! I don't understand why you don't pull this update until you get it fixed!? I crashed my P4, accelerating straight down and smashed to bits because of this. All I can say is DJI better accept responsibility and replace my drone. PULL THE UPDATE!
2017-8-20
Use props
DSaunders
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2999 ft
United States

DSaunders Posted at 2017-8-20 15:15
WOW - you're working on it??! I don't understand why you don't pull this update until you get it fixed!? I crashed my P4, accelerating straight down and smashed to bits because of this. All I can say is DJI better accept responsibility and replace my drone. PULL THE UPDATE!

Submitted a ticket (697504) earlier today. I don't imagine anyone will respond before tomorrow. Someone needs to be proactive here.
2017-8-20
Use props
Louis C.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4908 ft
Malaysia

Hello everyone, I had the same issue last saturday, bought the dji spark less than a week, took off 2 meters then shutdown suddenly and drop on concrete. Battery was still intact. Gps signal was good. Battery level above 80%.
2017-8-20
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

Louis C. Posted at 2017-8-20 22:06
Hello everyone, I had the same issue last saturday, bought the dji spark less than a week, took off 2 meters then shutdown suddenly and drop on concrete. Battery was still intact. Gps signal was good. Battery level above 80%.

They released a new firmware. As it is a first mandatory update - this will be related.
2017-8-22
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-16 01:27
Have you contacted our Support Team via ? If yes, please PM me your case number, I'd like to look into it.

Is the new mandatory firmware related to falling issue?
2017-8-22
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've just ordered my first drone, DJI Spark, and now I rather wish I hadn't if it can fall out of the sky like this. That's so dangerous!
2017-8-22
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-22 05:06
I've just ordered my first drone, DJI Spark, and now I rather wish I hadn't if it can fall out of the sky like this. That's so dangerous!

Welcome to the club

2017-8-22
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the journey! Can't wait to try it out
2017-8-22
Use props
Louis C.
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hope the update is gonna solve the problem. Thanks guys.
2017-8-22
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

Louis C. Posted at 2017-8-22 06:46
Hope the update is gonna solve the problem. Thanks guys.

Hopefully yes.
2017-8-22
Use props
nidayand
New
Flight distance : 4865 ft
Sweden

I'm sad to hear that the issue is so common. The same thing happened to me but I've dealt with the DJI reseller up to now.. I placed the order on the 22nd of July, got the Spark on the 25th, calibrated it and flew for 5 mins and one motor stopped on 20m altitude and crashed 1 meter next to my son who was looking at the screen, "ESC error" was displayed in the app and I sent it back to the reseller on the 26th and I've been talking to them every now and then. Only status received is that DJI has received it - I've received no case number nor any analysis feedback whatsoever.. I'm sure that DJI has it somewhere in its inbound support channel...

Free fall happens at 3:00
2017-8-22
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

nidayand Posted at 2017-8-22 07:09
I'm sad to hear that the issue is so common. The same thing happened to me but I've dealt with the DJI reseller up to now.. I placed the order on the 22nd of July, got the Spark on the 25th, calibrated it and flew for 5 mins and one motor stopped on 20m altitude and crashed 1 meter next to my son who was looking at the screen, "ESC error" was displayed in the app and I sent it back to the reseller on the 26th and I've been talking to them every now and then. Only status received is that DJI has received it - I've received no case number nor any analysis feedback whatsoever.. I'm sure that DJI has it somewhere in its inbound support channel...

Free fall happens at 3:00 https://youtu.be/hqMq_haqFVY

It says motor obstructed on the video at 3:00. When "brick of death" happens - log stops, all rotors stops etc.

Maybe you had one of the issues with propellers. Some people reported that a tiny part of propeller has broken off and basically stopped the rotor. When this happens Spark shuts down in order to "not cause harm".
2017-8-22
Use props
nidayand
New
Sweden

Bobesh Posted at 2017-8-22 07:37
It says motor obstructed on the video at 3:00. When "brick of death" happens - log stops, all rotors stops etc.

Maybe you had one of the issues with propellers. Some people reported that a tiny part of propeller has broken off and basically stopped the rotor. When this happens Spark shuts down in order to "not cause harm".

Ok got it. My error is not related to the props. They were not damaged at all. Post the crash the app read "ESC status error" i.e. the motor "driver" is faulty. Quite obvious, one would think, but it takes forever to get any feedback
2017-8-22
Use props
nidayand
New
Sweden

... it might have been something else though that might have stopped the motor or simply the motor was faulty
2017-8-22
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123944 ft
United Kingdom

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-22 05:06

i wouldn't concern yourself too much..mine like most has never had an hiccup
2017-8-22
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Jeetley Posted at 2017-8-22 08:29
i wouldn't concern yourself too much..mine like most has never had an hiccup

Thanks (fingers crossed for both of us!)
2017-8-22
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-22 09:04
Thanks (fingers crossed for both of us!)

Another "post of confidence".  My spark experience has not been perfect, but I've not had fly-aways or drops.  The issues I have had have been "interesting", and I often share them with the forum community here.  I've never felt the need to log a ticket with DJI.  I've been very satisfied with my spark, and I don't regret purchasing it.
2017-8-22
Use props
nidayand
New
Sweden

nidayand Posted at 2017-8-22 07:09

Free fall happens at 3:00 https://youtu.be/hqMq_haqFVY

Positive news. A got the news today that Dji is sending me a new Spark. I'm just hoping that it will be a bit safer standing underneath it post the firmware updates
2017-8-23
Use props
video.jdinges
New
Flight distance : 709 ft
United States

nidayand Posted at 2017-8-23 06:30
Positive news. A got the news today that Dji is sending me a new Spark. I'm just hoping that it will be a bit safer standing underneath it post the firmware updates

If you're worried about standing underneath it than you sure as **** won't wanna fly it over water like you confidently could on a 4+ year old Phantom 3.  

2017-8-23
Use props
Louis C.
lvl.1
Malaysia

Got a reply from dji support regarding the the power shutdown and crash, warranty void just because the store that sold the drone to me got it from China.
IMG_6201.PNG
2017-8-23
Use props
Louis C.
lvl.1
Malaysia

Can't afford to crash it again...
2017-8-23
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Louis C. Posted at 2017-8-23 16:37
Got a reply from dji support regarding the the power shutdown and crash, warranty void just because the store that sold the drone to me got it from China.

Thats a bull.. crap.

Its no matter where You live. You have a right to live whetever You want. Just send that crap to China.
DJI arrogance pushed the limit.
2017-8-23
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162444 ft
Canada

Louis C. Posted at 2017-8-23 16:40
Can't afford to crash it again...

Kinda hear ya there. Not a rich guy. I watched this thing on the radar for some time after a co-worker brought it to my attention. Like a true adult I budgeted and saved for it...losing it would blow. I haven't flown since my spontaneous atti mode experience and subsequent updates.

I may indeed be a drone poser as I'm kinda starting to question the whole investment sheerly from a time commitment perspective. If buying the bird means that I'm faced with with a long exercise in forwarding flight logs and chronic troubleshooting woes, I'm not sure I'm down for that. Time is scarce for me.

Imma idle by for awhile and see how this update shakes out before I fly much. Really can't afford it. Even with dji refresh it really only means a semi lengthy exercise in validating my circumstance and lots of "support" correspondence in the event I have serious trouble...yuk....who got time for that?
2017-8-23
Use props
Louis C.
lvl.1
Malaysia

Thanks fellow friends, just wanna share my experience. Hope it won't happen to others. My first time using a dji product. Good experience.
2017-8-23
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Czechia

So. I've got a good news from DJI today.

"Not a pilot error"

My drone will be repaired under warranty - free of charge.

2017-8-28
Use props
Louis C.
lvl.1
Malaysia

Good to hear that, thumbs up!
2017-8-28
Use props
Louis C.
lvl.1
Malaysia

Unfortunately for me I got this message,
IMG_6253.PNG
2017-8-28
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Who sold it to you in Malaysia?
That would be your contact partner, I think!

And : can you look, what region is on your sticker on the box?
2017-8-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules