2138 7 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i been trying to find reliable info but im failing..  im curious if anyone has news on future spark updates maybe future beta updates, features sets DJi will bring or enable.. maybe any info on increasing useable range with better wifi algorithims and features..?  any rumors, leaks anything?  
sat down after a decent day of flying today to reflect on things with the spark a bit more..  

i know from modding the spark so many things are already in place that just need to either be enabled or tweaked to work and work right.  (been discussed, and sensitive topic moderation isnt happy about)

i know possiblies of being able to use wifi in a manner similar to occusync is possible with RC and AC if using OTG only.. the RC and AC could work on multiple channels and frequencies at once and hop around seemlessly as long as the phone/tablet isnt tied to a network from the RC, all while using less bandwidth by untieing video from controls, and allowing greater distances to be reliably covered...   any rumors or news maybe DJi is investigating reworking wifi system for the spark?

i know that the spark can carry an additional 150 grams (5 ounces) safely from take off without complaining, which would allow for an extended battery option infact thats a full battery pack then some... i doubt we will see extended battery options, atleast directly from DJi, but.. is it even a possibility..?

the camera sensor is the same from the mavic pro, yet Dji has gone full early 2000's walmart special, point and shoot camera with center weight metering only and limited array of manual features... are we going to be getting better camera options?

i know sparks falling form the sky and maybe thats DJi's greatest concern, i am certainly hoping it is, but without any word from DJi on the issue, im begining to think maybe they arent that concerned?

im mentioning all of this because i really want to love my spark alot more then i do, i really do like my spark, alot, i admire it its amazing peice of hardware.. but software and support is lacking, and honestly i feel like DJi doesnt really want to make the spark (at least first gen) something special for some reason... it also feel like the spark was rushed by atleast 2 differant software and hardware engineer teams..  from way spark misbehaves when it does , errors it gives can be unrelated sometimes, amoung other things.   and it begining to feel like DJi has half abandoned it...  and i cannot find the love for it, only like it..  for me, if its some hobby, you have to love the tools you use as much as the sport/activity your doing....i do absolutely love flying and exploring..  i do not however love my spark, i only like it.. and yes, having better underlying support, features, and transparency will help me find the love..  

2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your attention. The firmware update is not available for now, we will release on our website as soon as it is ready. Please keep an eye of our website.
2017-8-11
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-11 20:17
Thanks for your attention. The firmware update is not available for now, we will release on our website as soon as it is ready. Please keep an eye of our website.

thank you, i will be keeping my eye on things.   im hoping DJi really unlocks full potential of the spark.
2017-8-11
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-11 20:17

Will .DNG photo format be included in the next release? Since it's the same sensor as the Mavic, I would think it wouldn't require much to add that capability.
2017-8-12
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-8-12 10:17
Will .DNG photo format be included in the next release? Since it's the same sensor as the Mavic, I would think it wouldn't require much to add that capability.

i hope so.  i also hope they add color profiles and more metering modes.  
2017-8-12
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-12 11:37
i hope so.  i also hope they add color profiles and more metering modes.

I think "not falling out of the sky" is DJI's top priority at the moment..
2017-8-12
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-12 11:44
I think "not falling out of the sky" is DJI's top priority at the moment..

is it though?  dji has said jack sh..t about it being a top priority...  one would hope that it is.. but until they make an official statement and provide better insights... i dont think so..  besides the spark has been out and having this mysterious problem for a good while now.... any company who has a potentially fatal flaw  in a product, does something about it ASAP, not ignoring it 2-3 months out..

personally, i dont think it is top priority, if it is great, i hope next update completely cures the issue... but if it isn't.., then Dji better be creating some fantastic updates to turn the spark into what it is truly capable of..

2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-8-12 10:17

I'm not sure, but I will forward this request to our engineers and hopefully they will consider it.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules