Odd Video and Messages
492 3 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mhoppes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141302 ft
United States

I had an odd experience today.  Previously I was flying with the P4P+.  The limitations of the + were sad.  Although I still use it in very bright sunlight because the display is easy to see, I've started flying with my iPad mini on a regular controller because of the larger display and Facebook Live working.

Today something odd happened and I don't know what caused it.

I was getting ocassional green splotched in the video or periods where the video would break-up.  This happened on 5 or 2GHz.  Flying in a very remote area with no interference.

I also got an odd message about "Mobile device CPU fully loaded.  Related performance will be affected".  This is on an iPad Mini.

The only difference between this flight and previous flights was dense fog - could that have confused something with the video processing?

2017-8-12
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

which iPad Mini? there are big differences in the processors... also, are there other apps using cpu resources?
2017-8-12
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141302 ft
United States

iPad Mini 2.   No - the iPad was just rebooted to clear everything out.
2017-8-12
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

mhoppes Posted at 2017-8-12 05:04
iPad Mini 2.   No - the iPad was just rebooted to clear everything out.

The Mini 2 has the A7 processor, should be  able to cope, but... have you seen this http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=108360 ?  Also, I think that they have turned off the hardware compression feature ( in the App), which would result in more work for the cpu (and heating the iPad can result in the symptoms you report). I have the iPad 5th gen, with the A9 cpu and it has never given me the green screen.
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules