5193 19 2015-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dm.booth.hotmai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I received my Inspire yestarday, downloaded the firmware from DJI, copied accross to the sd card, installed into the camera, did the inspire first then the controller

Put it back into travel mode and back in the case

Today set everything up would not come out of travel mode, firmware deials below

With no camera attached, using the app nothing happens, using the switch 4 times I get a solid blue light on the inspire still nothing happens.

Balencing the inspire between 2 chairs with the camera attached, flick the switch 4 times nothing happens not even the blue light just a flashing green gps light, as you can see from the below screen shot the camera is working great, just cant get it out of travel mode

HELP

2015-3-27
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

The gear functions as the result of the turning of a motor driven jack bolt.
The end of this bolt's shaft (bottom of airframe) is slotted.
Find it and give it a slight turn to un-stick it.
Now try to exit travel mode...

This is not being suggested from personal experience.
It's been posted on the forums several times...
2015-3-27
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

You could also try selecting 'Exit Travel Mode' from within the app itself  (Tap on the safe to fly icon) and it is in that menu.  This bypasses the need to cycle the gear switch 4 times.

Good Luck.

Jason
2015-3-27
Use props
dm.booth.hotmai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ph02on Posted at 2015-3-28 01:37
You could also try selecting 'Exit Travel Mode' from within the app itself  (Tap on the safe to fly  ...

No tried that it didnt work, thanks for your help though
2015-3-27
Use props
dm.booth.hotmai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

T J Gilbert Posted at 2015-3-28 01:24
The end of this bolt's  ...

T J Gilbert you are my hero that fixed it, just been flying works great now
2015-3-27
Use props
dm.booth.hotmai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TJ have you heard any news if this will be fixed in the next firmware update
2015-3-28
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Sounds more like a mechanical issue rather than a firmware fix. Well done TJ
2015-3-28
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

good memory, will have to keep that one in mind. Is that the reason for the included large blade flat screwdriver that is included with the Inspire?
2015-3-28
Use props
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

rodger Posted at 2015-3-28 23:00
good memory, will have to keep that one in mind. Is that the reason for the included large blade f ...

2015-3-28
Use props
dm.booth.hotmai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It seemed to be an issue when it goes into travel mode maybe it's just moving slightly to far down and then could not engage when you tell it to leave travel mode, wondered if the next firmware might adjust the time of travel for the motor?
2015-3-28
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Either that or take a hubcap of of the car wheel??? I know, you hold it in your hand in front of your finger when you do a hand catch of the Inspire????  No???
2015-3-28
Use props
dm.booth.hotmai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rodger Posted at 2015-3-29 03:49
Either that or take a hubcap of of the car wheel??? I know, you hold it in your hand in front of y ...

What has that got to do with the issue I am having apart from nothing
2015-3-28
Use props
mikea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17493 ft
United States

I had an issue today. Flew it for the first time. Landed it. Turned it off. Removed gimbal. Turned it back on to put in travel mode but when I hit travel mode in the Pilot software it raised the arms all the way like it was flying props up. Then I would hit exit travel and it would lower all the way down. Could get it into travel mode.
2015-3-28
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I did my controller first with the download. In your case I don't think that the sequence matters. I feel that TJ has the answer to your issue.
2015-3-28
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dm.booth.hotmai Posted at 2015-3-29 06:40
What has that got to do with the issue I am having apart from nothing

Sorry guy, Dundee and I are playing with each other. TJ has pretty well summed up the solution for you. Dundee and I are doing a sidebar.
2015-3-28
Use props
mod
lvl.1

Hungary

Hi Tj, I have had the same problem but in my case even when I screw it to travel or landing mode only the app lady says that the landing gear is raising or is in up position but physically absolutely nothing is happening... I had a talk to support in germany since I am located in Hungary but their ideas did not help.... (raise arms through app, auto take off and the unscrew a little bit with manually then try with the RC toggle)...
I am having a gig coming up from 16 july to 18th... and really need the bird going.... talking to my shop they would give me theirs but they suffer with the same problem from travel mode.... (mine is landing mode stuck)... I am thinking of getting a one controller version as backup... but not sure if that one will not have the same problem..
any help on this is greatly appreciated...
cheers
Martin
please ignore my talking...
2015-7-11
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

dm.booth.hotmai Posted at 2015-3-28 02:09
T J Gilbert you are my hero that fixed it, just been flying works great now

Could you post how you did it, i have the same problem...
2015-7-12
Use props
mod
lvl.1

Hungary

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-7-13 02:31
Could you post how you did it, i have the same problem...

Hi Leoamartinez,

I was about to send it in but having a shoot I did the workaround with two tables and the bird screwed into flying mode. nevertheless after my third battery change the bird just recovered so I suggest you go through all your batteries and also try a FW update with the latest FW available. this is a software issue I believe... I had a dead battery replaced and although I did upgrade it to latest FW it did what it did... so that is my humble advice to you. try it. hope it helps.

cheers
m
edit:  on the bottom of the craft benieth the gimbal mount (just infront of the vision positioning system is a small hole in the middle of the plate. that is where the screw for the worm gear is. you need a small flat screwdriver for it. try to turn it only 1/4 or just a bit to undo the gear.
2015-7-22
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

mod Posted at 2015-7-22 16:43
Hi Leoamartinez,

I was about to send it in but having a shoot I did the workaround with two table ...

Thanks, i will try that!!!
2015-7-22
Use props
mod
lvl.1

Hungary

Leo, sorry for the long feedback here but I am not so often on this forum... I actually fixed my problem or it rather fixed itself. what happened was that I switched batteries during a gig and the arms just started to work again since...
2015-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules