2519 11 2015-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

Hi,

I set "Adjust Gimbal Roll" to let's say +2.0. After turning off the aircraft and turning it on again, this value is reset to 0.0.Not critical, but very enoying.
Latest FW.
Someone can confirm this?

DJI: Bug? Feature?

2015-3-27
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Curious why you would want it to stay...Mine resets to 0 after shut down.. Have you tried auto adjusting the gimbal on a 100% level surface?
I kept trying to eyeball a "level" surface and adjust it in the field...When I do that I always had a need to adjust the gimbal... Now before I go out to fly I do an auto calibration on a surface I know is level and I have no need to adjust in the field...
2015-3-27
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-3-28 01:51
Curious why you would want it to stay...Mine resets to 0 after shut down.. Have you tried auto adjus ...

After autocalibration the gimbal is always stil 1 or 2 degrees inclined (before you ask, yes, the surface is absolute leveled). So I compensate this by using the "Adjust Gimbal Roll" until the gimbal is leveled. I prefer to do this procedure at home where I know the surface is perfectly leveled, but it does not makes sense because turning on the i1 in the field the manual entered value is lost.It's not always possible to find a perfect leveled surface on the field... :-(

2015-3-27
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I see... Another feature request... Makes sense... I'll be glad when I don't have to constantly switch from PAL to NTSC... and when I can change manual exposure settings all the time without having to stop recording...
2015-3-27
Use props
Riportair
lvl.1

France

Prop-Lock Girl Posted at 2015-3-28 02:00
After autocalibration the gimbal is always stil 1 or 2 degrees inclined (before you ask, yes, the s ...

I do have the same issue.
My gimbal in not level aruond 5 degres.
I need to re-adjust each time roll before flying.
I didn't found a way to save setttings  
2015-5-30
Use props
mark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176053 ft
United Kingdom

Well fixing the issue with the horizon not being level will be a start then everything should be level. Until dji sort this no amount of imu and gimbal calibration with sort it.
2015-5-31
Use props
cravac
lvl.3
United States

All of my settings have been saved for a while now, except for gimbal roll adjustment, doesn't bother me.
I don't think I've ever powered up on a perfectly level area, as I'm always out somewhere without level surfaces, but it always seems to need to be set to -.06 to be level no matter what I power up on.
That's just part of my preflight now and I've been happy in flight.
My recording settings and file numbers have been saved for 2 fw upgrades now, that makes me happy, even though I confirm before each flight.
I love my I1
2015-5-31
Use props
uav.hovercam
lvl.1

Australia

I also wish that the gimbal roll adjust would save as I DO have a spirit-levelled power-up surface in the field and when I power-on for the auto calibrate, the horizon is always tilted - which has often ruined the shots I am taking for TV and is especially noticeable with oceanic horizons.  Correcting with rotation in post makes the pixels smear in some edit packages and drastically reduces the image quality.  
I have made the adjustment a part of the pre-flight routine as of yesterday, but I would much prefer that the auto calibrate on a level surface would result in the horizon level or at least remember the amount I have adjusted it.  My preference would be that the Gimbal Roll Adjust window was still reset to 0.0 on power on as offset to a recorded setting that corrects the discrepancy.
Yes, the IMU is fine, compass ok etc.  It seems to always be off by the same amount though, both X3 and X5 so that is at least making the set - reset a little easier to do once the amount is worked out.  
At one point, I mapped the roll function to one of the camera-controller's joystick's free axes, but that led to some awful (we say "creative") pan shots and so is not a good option in the long-term.
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

uav.hovercam Posted at 2016-1-11 08:09
I also wish that the gimbal roll adjust would save as I DO have a spirit-levelled power-up surface i ...

If it keeps happening, please calibrate your IMU, or even better do a cold calibration, that could help to solve your issue with the gimbal
2016-1-10
Use props
uav.hovercam
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-11 14:03
If it keeps happening, please calibrate your IMU, or even better do a cold calibration, that could ...

Thank you Tim, I have calibrated the IMU even on occasions where it claimed to not need it, and that did not make the problem any better.  
I searched this forum and the User Manual for "cold calibration" but got no hits.
Will you please explain this procedure?
2016-2-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

uav.hovercam Posted at 2016-2-28 18:08
Thank you Tim, I have calibrated the IMU even on occasions where it claimed to not need it, and th ...

For cold calibration you have to throw your drone in the fridge for 30 minutes, take it out and do IMU calibration.
2016-2-28
Use props
uav.hovercam
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-29 14:26
For cold calibration you have to throw your drone in the fridge for 30 minutes, take it out and do ...

Wow, that was unexpected.  {:3_48:}
You are serious, right?   
I can't wait to see Mrs Hovercam's face, but that also creates another problem in that my fridge is cluttered with beer on the only shelf I can fit an Inspire 1 and I can't let them go hot and re-refrigerate so I am going to have to drink many beers in order to get a level shot.  
"Honest honey, I am just trying to make the horizon level <hic> "
2016-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules