Downloading videos with cached audio
6581 14 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

I've searched and searched but I can't find out how to download videos from my Mavic directly to my iPhone with the associated cached audio... I know it is possible because I have done it one time and have a single video in an album titled "DJI Works" but I can't seem to repeat this.  I create a video with cached audio, preview it (the cached video, not the original video, because the original has no sound) via DJI Go4, then when I hit the download button, all it saves is the video component in an album called "Import".  What the heck am I doing wrong?  For the record, it's an iPhone 6+ and I'm on the latest version of everything DJI related (running iOS 10.3.2).

2017-8-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maybe you were dreaming and you wished you could do it but in reality you can't, maybe when pink will fly!
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can edit and download the cached video with audio to the mobile, but the original video from the drone has no audio, and you can not download it with the associated cached audio.

2017-8-12
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

Thank you Thor, can anybody tell me where the 'DJI Works' album on my mobile device came from?  I didn't make it.  Somehow, it was created in the downloading process, but recently, they all go into an 'Import' folder.  Did the download folder change with different versions of DJIGO4? Or maybe with a firmware update?  
2017-8-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

The audio is stored as an audio track in the downlinked video, written to your device's video cache. It's easy to extract the audio and add it to your high-res versions using something like QuickTime Player. From the link above:

On the Mac it's super easy:

1. Open the low-res mp4 containing audio in QuickTime Player
2. Under the File menu, choose Export and then Audio Only...
3. Name the audio file and save it somewhere handy
4. Open the high-res video
5. Drag the audio file you saved over the open high-res video window and release
6. Save.

You now have a copy of the high-res video with the audio captured by your phone.

2017-8-12
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-12 18:25
You can edit and download the cached video with audio to the mobile, but the original video from the drone has no audio, and you can not download it with the associated cached audio.

Actually Thor, I think I misread this the first time.  Are you saying that you CAN download the cached video+audio file to the mobile device?  
2017-8-12
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-12 19:12
The audio is stored as an audio track in the downlinked video, written to your device's video cache. It's easy to extract the audio and add it to your high-res versions using something like QuickTime Player. From the link above:

Thanks Ex Machina!  I found this post amongst the many searches I had done, but I haven't a Mac so I didn't continue down this path... I found what I needed though.
2017-8-12
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

OK, I got it.  Shoot it, Edit it, Download it from the editor to the device.  Bingo!
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Tombolian Posted at 2017-8-12 19:28
Actually Thor, I think I misread this the first time.  Are you saying that you CAN download the cached video+audio file to the mobile device?

Yes, if it is the cache version, just click the video and download it to your native album.
2017-8-13
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-8-12 16:47
Maybe you were dreaming  and you wished you could do it but in reality you can't, maybe when pink  will fly!

Just to close this loop, you now know you can do this, right?
2017-8-13
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tombolian Posted at 2017-8-13 18:19
Just to close this loop, you now know you can do this, right?

I just saw the pink fly by....     so you can close the loop now.

We learn something new everyday! Thx dude!

2017-8-14
Use props
ahmedalqassem
lvl.1
New Zealand

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-12 19:12

Thanks mate, your comment was very helpful and super easy to follow.
2018-3-20
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

ahmedalqassem Posted at 2018-3-20 17:47
Thanks mate, your comment was very helpful and super easy to follow.

Hey, you're welcome!
2018-3-21
Use props
fansbb2a4daa
New
Canada

Hi Tombolian, can you explain to me that part in detail please ? I would really appreciated ...just had my mavic pro!!! ; OK, I got it.  Shoot it, Edit it, Download it from the editor to the device.  Bingo!
A big thanks in advanced
2018-9-15
Use props
fans219f11f0
New

Slovakia

It is certainly possible just hit the download (arrow down) button in the bottom left part of the app, not the download original… see the attached screenshot
2023-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules