P3 Advanced max distance & altitude issues
12Next >
5077 54 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

Let's see if we can get DJI to get a clue......
How many people started having issues with the maximum altitude and maximum distance AFTER they installed/updated their DJI GO app.?

I really do not care to hear anyone ask if I tried switching on/off the beginner mode or if I turned on/off the max distance or altitude and I do not want to hear anyone ask if I had that GEO mode switched on/off.

Previous day my drone worked perfectly... I culd fly 120m high and 500m away. Next day I noticed the DJI GO app had an update so I updated it AND THAT'S WHEN THE PROBLEM STARTED.
I am not a rookie, I checked all of the settings and I even changed the settings slightly to see if that made a difference...it didn't.

PLEASE..... If you have a Phantom 3 Advanced and if your problems started AFTER you updated the DJI GO app. please respond and let's try to get DJI to fix this
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to re-install the APP and login your DJI account to check.
2017-8-12
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-12 17:58
I would recommend you to re-install the APP and login your DJI account to check.

Iv'e done that four times already...
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-12 18:29

Is the firmware of the drone up to date? Please make sure the firmware and the APP are up to date, then log in then APP, try to restart the drone and APP for several times, it should work.
2017-8-12
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-12 19:26
Is the firmware of the drone up to date? Please make sure the firmware and the APP are up to date, then log in then APP, try to restart the drone and APP for several times, it should work.

Iv'e done that........ why do I keep having to repeat myself?

it is your DJI GO app that is the problem
2017-8-13
Use props
fansa4d85d57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5692 ft
Spain

Totally agree.... There are a lot of users affected by this problem, firmware upgraded, logged out and in, reinstalled App, checked all the options. I have been searching in forums for 5 days and there are a lot of people with problems
2017-8-13
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dude then uninstall it and find the previous version! People are trying to help and your not being to nice about it. Obviously if it started with the app update and u tried everything then go to previous version
2017-8-13
Use props
bebb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104708 ft

United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2017-8-13 10:15
Dude then uninstall it and find the previous version! People are trying to help and your not being to nice about it. Obviously if it started with the app update and u tried everything then go to previous version

Have a phantom 3 pro.  Having issues with the max height and distance getting set to that of the beginner mode.  Beginner mode turned OFF, then ON, then OFF again.  So far the only solution is to reinstall the DJI GO app.

As for installing the previous version, how do you fo that?
How do you know it is the app?  Or the controller?  Or the copter?  Why can't it just be fixed so it DOESN'T revert to beginner mode even when beginner mode is OFF?
2017-8-13
Use props
bebb
lvl.1

United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2017-8-13 10:15

"People are trying to help and your not being to nice about it. "
People are trying to be nice by repeating the things he has already done.  How is that nice?
2017-8-13
Use props
JeffD
New
United States

Same issue with me on P3 Pro ... worked fine prior to upgrades
2017-8-13
Use props
fansa4d85d57
lvl.1
Spain

Sorry if I didnt explain all the steps that I did but I did the downgrade and it didnt work. I did again the upgrade and the problem persists. It's not the problem of people who help in the forum because it is not their responsability, but i have to say that DJI has done something wrong that it is affecting a lot of people and they have to fix it.
2017-8-13
Use props
fans1df02148
New
Flight distance : 23763 ft
United Kingdom

Same issue on my P3A!! First battery it flew as normal. Landed and swapped batteries and started getting the issues! Can't fly more than 100ft away in any direction! Needs sorting asap as it's effecting my work
2017-8-13
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

Since I have not had any "real" or "useful" help I am throwing my hands up and starting all over from the beginning.... maybe this will open someones eyes if it doesn't work and maybe we can get some help that will actually fix the problem instead of raise the blood pressure.
1. formatted my SD card
2. SD card is now clear/empty
3. uploaded the latest software version in a zip file
4. opened the zip file
5. extracted the file onto my SD card
6. verified the file loaded onto SD card
7. ejected SD card from computer
8. installed SD card into slot on the drone
9. powered up the drone
10. drone updating
11.  Solid Green light appeared after drone updated
12. plugged in the drone to my computer
13. checked to see if upload was successful
14. upload was successful
15. unplugged drone from computer
16. turned on remote and iPad
17. deleted DJI GO app
18. went to my App store, found the DJI GO app and uploaded it.
19. DJI GO app successfully uploaded
20. plugged drone back into my computer
21. located flight log (Over 500 flights...WOW... Guess I am not technically a "beginner")
22. transferring flight records onto storage drive (Thumb drive)
23. Deleting flight log from drone
24.  Re-link remote with drone
25. link successful
26. turn off drone and remote
27. restart drone and remote
28. time for test flight.....
29. ...AND NO LUCK!!!!
30. The drone will still NOT fly higher than 30m and it will NOT fly more than 30m away

AS MENTIONED OVER AND OVER AGAIN..... THE ISSUE IS WITH THE DJI GO app........
2017-8-13
Use props
fans13bc32bd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3799 ft
Palestine

Same Issue Here !!! Just A Question Did You Try to Downgrade The Firmware??
2017-8-13
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

fans13bc32bd Posted at 2017-8-13 13:40
Same Issue Here !!! Just A Question Did You Try to Downgrade The Firmware??

No.... The issue is not the firmware.
Three days ago (using the latest firmware version) I had zero issues. The next day I noticed there was an update for the DJI GO app so I updated it. Ever since I did that I have been greatly restricted to just 30m altitude and 30m distance.
I am frankly sick and tired of the DJI folks and many others suggest that it is something else....
2017-8-13
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-12 17:58

Since I have not had any "real" or "useful" help I am throwing my hands up and starting all over from the beginning.... maybe this will open someones eyes if it doesn't work and maybe we can get some help that will actually fix the problem instead of raise the blood pressure.
1. formatted my SD card
3. uploaded the latest software version in a zip file
4. opened the zip file
5. extracted the file onto my SD card
6. verified the file loaded onto SD card
7. ejected SD card from computer
8. installed SD card into slot on the drone
9. powered up the drone
10. drone updating
11.  Solid Green light appeared after drone updated
12. plugged in the drone to my computer
13. checked to see if upload was successful
14. upload was successful
15. unplugged drone from computer
16. turned on remote and iPad
17. deleted DJI GO app
18. went to my App store, found the DJI GO app and uploaded it.
19. DJI GO app successfully uploaded
20. plugged drone back into my computer
21. located flight log (Over 500 flights...WOW... Guess I am not technically a "beginner")
22. transferring flight records onto storage drive (Thumb drive)
23. Deleting flight log from drone
24.  Re-link remote with drone
25. link successful
26. turn off drone and remote
27. restart drone and remote
28. time for test flight.....
29. ...AND NO LUCK!!!!
30. The drone will still NOT fly higher than 30m and it will NOT fly more than 30m away

AS MENTIONED OVER AND OVER AGAIN..... THE ISSUE IS WITH THE DJI GO app........
2017-8-13
Use props
xfighter
lvl.1
Palestine

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-13 13:51
Three days ago (using the latest firmware version) I had zero issues. The next day I noticed there was an update for the DJI GO app so I updated it. Ever since I did that I have been greatly restricted to just 30m altitude and 30m distance.
I am frankly sick and tired of the DJI folks and many others suggest that it is something else....

Thanx For Letting Me Know That!!
You Saved Me A Lot Of Effort!! I was thinking about doing a firmware downgrade..
I do confirm what you said cause I was shooting a party and when I put my drone aside after my first battery flight the IPAD performed the app upgrade and after that my flights became limited to 30 meters height and 50 meters radius... WE Need An Immediate App FIX in This Case!!
2017-8-13
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

so u guys did login to the dji app AFTER the firmware and app upgrade, and powered on the motors, and you are still limited? I fly with nbo internet all the time, have 0 issues on 2 drones...  the key, perform the upgrade fully, to the latest version, upgrade app, controller, drone, batteries. Make sure your first flight is in an area where you got internet. If you still have issues, logout of the dji account in the app, log back in. Things should work from that point on....No, neither the app nor the firmwae are broken...  DJI is simply trying to put some locks on idiots who fly in no fly zones.. hence the process to allow for better NFZ enforcement in the future....
2017-8-13
Use props
xfighter
lvl.1
Palestine

Phantomski Posted at 2017-8-13 14:14
so u guys did login to the dji app AFTER the firmware and app upgrade, and powered on the motors, and you are still limited? I fly with nbo internet all the time, have 0 issues on 2 drones...  the key, perform the upgrade fully, to the latest version, upgrade app, controller, drone, batteries. Make sure your first flight is in an area where you got internet. If you still have issues, logout of the dji account in the app, log back in. Things should work from that point on....No, neither the app nor the firmwae are broken...  DJI is simply trying to put some locks on idiots who fly in no fly zones.. hence the process to allow for better NFZ enforcement in the future....

Bro, we are not flying in a No Fly Zone Regions... And We Did Try All The Things You Mentioned
In Fact I Used The Simulator And It Allows Me To Fly Without Restrictions But When I Try To Actually Fly It Restrictions Go Back Again... And Try The Simulator Again And Restrictions Are Back Again!!
2017-8-13
Use props
fansa4d85d57
lvl.1
Spain

I flyed on Tuesday 8th and Everything was ok, then I returned to the same place on Thursday and on the first fly the problem began. What happened between these two days? I have seen in app store that DJI GO version 3.1.4 was released. I´m trying to downgrade the DJI Go app too, maybe it will help.... I´ll tell you the result. Good luck with this problem to everyone.
2017-8-13
Use props
xfighter
lvl.1
Palestine

I believe there's a negotiation failure between the controller and the new dji released app I am going to try to download the firmware again on both drone and controller and see what happens and let you guys know
2017-8-13
Use props
xfighter
lvl.1
Palestine

I do confirm it's an APP issue after downgrading to the previous version of DJI GO APP The Limitations Where Completely Removed...
DJI YOU HAVE TO FIX YOUR IOS APP IMMEDIATELY...
2017-8-13
Use props
bebb
lvl.1

United States

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-13 13:28
1. formatted my SD card

It seems like uninstall the reinstall the app EACH TIME YOU FLY is a workaround.
2017-8-13
Use props
bebb
lvl.1

United States

Get an Autel.  DJI is not being response to users it seems.
2017-8-13
Use props
bebb
lvl.1

United States

xfighter Posted at 2017-8-13 14:09
Thanx For Letting Me Know That!!
You Saved Me A Lot Of Effort!! I was thinking about doing a firmware downgrade..
I do confirm what you said cause I was shooting a party and when I put my drone aside after my first battery flight the IPAD performed the app upgrade and after that my flights became limited to 30 meters height and 50 meters radius... WE Need An Immediate App FIX in This Case!!

But we are not getting it.  Yet...
2017-8-13
Use props
xfighter
lvl.1
Palestine

I just said to resolve this issue all you have to do is to downgrade your DJI GO APP to version 3.1.13
2017-8-13
Use props
userdca23cf516
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8842 ft
United States

xfighter Posted at 2017-8-13 18:46
I just said to resolve this issue all you have to do is to downgrade your DJI GO APP to version 3.1.13

How does one downgrade the DJI GO APP to version 3.1.13
2017-8-13
Use props
xfighter
lvl.1
Palestine

Here : https://goo.gl/wZJkUJ
Download The IPA And HAve IT Installed On Your IPad / Iphone Using Itunes
Remember To Delete The Newest Version Before You Start...

Good Luck
2017-8-14
Use props
Abdomesegy
lvl.1
United States

I have done the downgrade of P3S firmware and App (installed 3.1.13) and still not working. I have re-updated everything but It doesn´t work yet. I have tryed all the logging logout options and I have no more hope. I bought it in USA so I will send it back to there to repair it because it is in warranty.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-12 18:29

May I know which type of mobile do you use? IOS or Android? How about switching to the other one? I would recommend you restart the APP as well if you changed the battery.
2017-8-16
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1. formatted my SD card

A comprehensive list, only thing I might add (You said in another post that RC was at latest V1.9.2)
is that at point 28 make sure your device has a good internet connection, and log into your account in DJI Go 4. That 'should' remove the restriction.

If DJI Go 4 was already logged in, then log out and back in again.

Edit:- which iPad are you using ?

2017-8-16
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantom 3 pro having same problem. FishinTexas I understand. Your so right. The only thing that works for me is when I change batteries I have to uninstall the djigo app and reinstall then the newly charged
battery and go app works. Crazy.
2017-8-16
Use props
Ribfeast
lvl.2
Australia

You need to sign in on the newer versions, otherwise you will be limited to 30 metres.  It sucks, hence why I never upgraded.
2017-8-16
Use props
GCardent
New
Flight distance : 48684 ft
United States

Also having the same issue, have had my phantom 3 pro all summer and thought the flights synced automatically to my account before trying to delete the app thinking that may fix, found the forum to late bummed as i went some really cool places / fix this app DJI , so flipping lame.
2017-8-19
Use props
bebb
lvl.1

United States

One workaround I found is to install kitty hawk app.  Start the flight.  When you hit the limit in DJI go,  switch to kittyhawk.  Go past the limit.  Then go back to DJI go app.
2017-8-19
Use props
Karsonkall
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2676273 ft
United States

I have the same problem to the (tee). I connected to the sky pixel and it allowed me to go past 100 ft high/out. But then on a later flight, it now limits me to 65 up/out. Class B air space is 1000 ft and G is below in this area. This is a huge problem. I as I am unable to use it for business purposes. Anyway to remove all firmware from the drone and start fresh with an earlier? I have all old firmware bin files. And yes I have my part 107, upgrades apps/firmware and tired 4 devices (apple/android).
2017-8-25
Use props
VJ ERICH
New
Flight distance : 153038 ft

Brazil

Hello friends ... I discovered the problem !!!
Now you need to release the region to fly !!!
Here in Brazil I was having this problem, but it's because I had configured my iphone to United States in an attempt to fly under FCC rules and not CE (limited). I made the change of the region and everything was solved! I did not test if I lost yield at the maximum distance, but at least I went further than the 50m distance and 30m altitude.

REGISTER OR TROUBLE THE REGION

See the matter on the limit!

https: // goo. gl /MRWVrC
2017-8-27
Use props
uhrlto
New
United States

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-13 13:28
1. formatted my SD card

This is a total real problem and I commiserate with you.  After doing some research on this as I had the same trouble on my Phantom 3 pro, there's no way to get around what DJI has done but there is a  sequence you can use to get the drone out of the 30/50 crunch.
It seems it's all in the start up, from everything off and shut down, start the remote control first, then start the drone, then finally launch the go app on your iPad.  This might require you to sign in, if it does, do it. This SHOULD allow you to fly to the 500-meter setting, if you have that switch on.  To fly further than the 500-meter distance make sure that you turn off the distance setting in the app, this SHOULD allow you to go beyond the 500-meter distance, it works for me, so it should work for you, hope this helps
2017-8-27
Use props
fansdc8254e9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167149 ft
United States

Same Here  DJI give us answer !!!
2017-8-28
Use props
fansdc8254e9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167149 ft
United States

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-13 07:16
Iv'e done that........ why do I keep having to repeat myself?

it is your DJI GO app that is the problem

App problem
2017-8-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules