Warranty Extension
1216 23 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb5a8fce5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7516 ft

Australia

Will DJI extend the warranties of Phantom 4 aircraft for the duration that they are unsupported?
2017-8-12
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

Are you Kidding?
2017-8-12
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Haha.. a good one.  They should. And pay compensation for every day we can't use.
2017-8-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

T-R Posted at 2017-8-12 19:51
Haha.. a good one.  They should. And pay compensation for every day we can't use.

Do you have flying pigs in China?
2017-8-12
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-12 19:53
Do you have flying pigs in China?

No. We solid them to US. Called P4
2017-8-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

T-R Posted at 2017-8-12 20:18
No. We solid them to US. Called P4

Ha!

2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry, we do not support to extend the warranty for now. If you have any issues, please feel free to contact us and send it in.
2017-8-13
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-13 00:07
Sorry, we do not support to extend the warranty for now. If you have any issues, please feel free to contact us and send it in.

Send it in and pay $250 to have the firmware rolled back? Clearly DJI employees are coached to tell people that their hardware is the issue and not the firmware. So how much money has dji made off of this "hardware" ;-) issue that goes away when you rollback the firmware? Is that why dji removed the rollback option? If everyone knew how to roll it back dji wouldnt be making near as much money off of this. This was a brilliant money maker for dji. I imagine somebody got a raise when dji saw how successful this "hardware" ;-) issue is that just happen to arise after the update ;-) ;-) node, node. Pure genius! I bet Chairman Mau would be very proud. Give the finger to the Western Imperialists! Good job DJI
support 6.png
DJI lie.jpg
2017-8-13
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

My next drone. This thing is bad ass! I like this much more than a Mavic. Walkera is stepping up for sure. Never will I own another dji product. http://store.walkera.com/index.p ... &product_id=601
2017-8-13
Use props
Snap-man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8770 ft
South Africa

Duchunter, I agree 100%. Bought a Phantom 4 after much research and consideration. Also have 3 family members that own Phantoms. Unpack it the day the firmware upgrade became available. Unboxed, started up and downloaded everything as per instruction. My phantom 4 is nowhere near what the other 3 in the family is (they all resisted doing the upgrade). It also doesn't do anything DJI brags about on the packaging. This amounts to misleading advertising. I didn't pay an arm and a leg to spent hours on forums trying to figure out software roll-backs. I'm going to put up a fight to get my money back....and I'm driving to Walkera from there.
2017-8-13
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-13 05:56
My next drone. This thing is bad ass! I like this much more than a Mavic. Walkera is stepping up for sure. Never will I own another dji product. http://store.walkera.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&product_id=601

I wouldn't touch it with your money, never mind my money.  Seems more like a toy with many many issues from what I have heard.  It's not cheap either.
2017-8-13
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

HomePoint Posted at 2017-8-13 08:18
I wouldn't touch it with your money, never mind my money.  Seems more like a toy with many many issues from what I have heard.  It's not cheap either.

"It has many issues" WTF? Dude, were all here because we have "many" issues, issues that were purposely caused by dji to bolster 3rd quarter earnings. Spark sales arent nearly what they hoped and they estimated their 3rd quarter earnings based on the sales they expected from the Spark. When that didnt happen they put their contingency plan into place. Send out jacked up firmware, claim its a hardware issue, prevent a rollback that will fix the issues, and charge $250 to fix drones that arent broken.  Its all so painfully obvious. They told us all we could rollback to make us comfortable updating but they all of a sudden stopped allowing rollback firmware, firmware that we all proved will fix the issues. WHY? What possible reason would they have for suckering us into updating, not letting us rollback, telling everyone its hardware, and charging $250 to fix drones that arent broken? Why would they bring this much heat down on them when a simple rollback would fix all of this? BECAUSE THEY ARE MAKING TONS OF MONEY! This has proven very profitable. There would be hell to pay if they didnt meet 3rd quarter projections. I assure you that they are far more scared of their government than they are their customers. Its quite obvious whats going on here. A blind man could see it. What they failed to predict was a 3rd party rollback option which proves that its not hardware as they say it is.
2017-8-14
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-14 06:45
"It has many issues" WTF? Dude, were all here because we have "many" issues, issues that were purposely caused by dji to bolster 3rd quarter earnings. Spark sales arent nearly what they hoped and they estimated their 3rd quarter earnings based on the sales they expected from the Spark. When that didnt happen they put their contingency plan into place. Send out jacked up firmware, claim its a hardware issue, prevent a rollback that will fix the issues, and charge $250 to fix drones that arent broken.  Its all so painfully obvious. They told us all we could rollback to make us comfortable updating but they all of a sudden stopped allowing rollback firmware, firmware that we all proved will fix the issues. WHY? What possible reason would they have for suckering us into updating, not letting us rollback, telling everyone its hardware, and charging $250 to fix drones that arent broken? Why would they bring this much heat down on them when a simple rollback would fix all of this? BECAUSE THEY ARE MAKING TONS OF MONEY! This has proven very profitable. There would be hell to pay if they didnt meet 3rd quarter projections. I assure you that they are far more scared of their government than they are their customers. Its quite obvious whats going on here. A blind man could see it. What they failed to predict was a 3rd party rollback option which proves that its not hardware as they say it is.

No, many of us are here to learn.
So you idea was to go for quite an expensive alternative with no track record and already bad reviews.
2017-8-14
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

HomePoint Posted at 2017-8-14 09:08
No, many of us are here to learn.
So you idea was to go for quite an expensive alternative with no track record and already bad reviews.

I bet there arent 1,700 posts from people that cant fly because of firmware. I bet if they had an obvious firmware issue they would let you roll it back. I bet they wouldnt charge $250 to fix a firmware issue they caused and then lie and say its not firmware. I bet they would make every effort to make thing right and fix the issue. Walkera is showing off with their new line of drones. They have some seriously awesome products and im quite glad to see that dji is getting some serious competition. I cant think of a single dji product that is without serious issues or at least had serious issued. This hard technology to get perfect so expecting perfection will leave you unhappy but you do at least expect the thing to fly safely. DJI would rather you either not fly or not fly safely than to allow a rollback (that they promised) then to give up the money they are raking in as a result of their failware. How could anyone not think they did this on purpose? There is a full proof solution and they refuse to allow it for no reason other than this situation is making them a boat load of money. There can be no other reason, NONE. There is NO reason they shouldnt allow a rollback when thats always been possible in the past, up until this failware was released. There is only one reason why.
2017-8-14
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I would rather have an imperfect product than a sabotaged product.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-13 05:33
Send it in and pay $250 to have the firmware rolled back? Clearly DJI employees are coached to tell people that their hardware is the issue and not the firmware. So how much money has dji made off of this "hardware" ;-) issue that goes away when you rollback the firmware? Is that why dji removed the rollback option? If everyone knew how to roll it back dji wouldnt be making near as much money off of this. This was a brilliant money maker for dji. I imagine somebody got a raise when dji saw how successful this "hardware" ;-) issue is that just happen to arise after the update ;-) ;-) node, node. Pure genius! I bet Chairman Mau would be very proud. Give the finger to the Western Imperialists! Good job DJI

Could you PM me your case number? I'll check the exact status.
2017-8-16
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-16 01:43

I dont have a case number. I rolled the firmware back and that fixed my "hardware ;-)" issue however I do know 2 people that sent their p4's in for repair. Both were given the same laundry list of parts that supposedly needed to be replaced. Two p4's with all same parts needing replaced. Thats quite strange dont you think?  It was basically a full rebuild. One paid the $250 and the other did not and was returned his p4 unrepaired. He rolled the firmware back and amazingly he didnt need those dozen or so parts that DJI said it would take to fix it. It has been perfect since he rolled it back. The one that did pay got back a different p4 so he has no way of knowing if those parts were really bad. When you have customers that talk to each other about their DJI experience you really have to do better than this. When its this obvious its not at all hard to connect the dots and see whats really going on.
2017-8-16
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-16 01:43

Heres the laundry list of bad parts that a firmware rollback fixed.
list.png
2017-8-16
Use props
Meme_master
New
Flight distance : 24459 ft
Slovenia

Hello, can you tell me please what kind of issues do you have. I really do not understand what is going on here. I read in replies something about firmware is not right. I have a notification in DJI GO 4 app that the firmware update is available. Should I install it?
thank you for your time.
2017-8-22
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-16 04:41

Imagine that, A simple rollback fixed all those defective parts.
I didn't have a parts list, DJI did tell me I had to send it in for repair, I did a 3rd party firmware rollback and guess what? My bird flies again, video sux but that's the least of it.
DJI is Dishonest! 7 weeks of telling people to send in the Aircraft that's absurd.
2017-8-25
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Slipstrm111 Posted at 2017-8-25 08:34
Imagine that, A simple rollback fixed all those defective parts.
I didn't have a parts list, DJI did tell me I had to send it in for repair, I did a 3rd party firmware rollback and guess what? My bird flies again, video sux but that's the least of it.
DJI is Dishonest! 7 weeks of telling people to send in the Aircraft that's absurd.

And charging $250 to repair them when all there doing is sending you a refurb with 0602 on it. As soon as you update it the same issues are on the refurb. There not fixing anything, there just rolling back the one you sent in and giving it to someone else and giving you theirs. Its like a Ponzy scheme with same results, You loose and they gain your money when they did absolutely nothing.
2017-8-26
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Meme_master Posted at 2017-8-22 14:28
Hello, can you tell me please what kind of issues do you have. I really do not understand what is going on here. I read in replies something about firmware is not right. I have a notification in DJI GO 4 app that the firmware update is available. Should I install it?
thank you for your time.

NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT! Not if you want to keep flying it. If you do its about a 60-40 chance you end up with  a paper weight.
2017-8-26
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-16 04:41

Anyone who has fallen for this bait and switch should dispute the repair through paypal or their credit card company. This is the very definition of FRAUD!
2017-8-26
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

Stuxnet for DJI Phantom4, provided to us by DJI.
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules