GH4 Recording at 4K with LightBridge
2628 6 2015-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rick.iseeit
lvl.2
Canada

Has anyone got their GH4 to record at 4K while streaming live to the LB ground station?

The GH4 will down convert the HDMI output to 1080p but I can't seem to find a GH4/LB setting combination that works. I've got the latest firmware for both the air and ground side components. I basically want to record 4K video while performing aerial inspections (wind turbine, solar panels etc.) and be able to crop to get more detail in post.

GH4:
- System Frequency = 24.00Hz (Cinema)
- Rec Format = MP4 (LPCM)
- Rec Quality = C4K (100M 24p), which is 4096x2160,24.00p

LB Ground Station:
- Transmission mode = Full HD mode
2015-3-27
Use props
shawn
lvl.1

United States

We always shoot with our GH4 in 4k mode and it has worked at all frame rates. Our GH4 should be back at the office in a few days and I can give you the exact settings but it worked right out of the box for us.
2015-3-30
Use props
rick.iseeit
lvl.2
Canada

shawn@remedyfil Posted at 2015-3-30 21:47
We always shoot with our GH4 in 4k mode and it has worked at all frame rates. Our GH4 should be back ...

Hey Shawn,
Did you get the camera back yet?
2015-4-16
Use props
shawn
lvl.1

United States

rick.iseeit Posted at 2015-4-17 09:10
Hey Shawn,
Did you get the camera back yet?

We got it back and did one shoot with it then when we put our metabones adapter on the gh4 one of the lens connecter pins broke so back to panasonic it went.
2015-5-4
Use props
rick.iseeit
lvl.2
Canada

shawn@remedyfil Posted at 2015-5-4 21:53
We got it back and did one shoot with it then when we put our metabones adapter on the gh4 one of  ...

That sucks!
Let me know when you get it back...I'm still trying to resolve this issue.
I can't imagine I/we are the only ones trying to us the 4K feature with Lightbridge.

There must be some sort of hidden menu option I'm missing...
2015-5-5
Use props
me
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Rick,

I can have my GH4 set in 4k UHD (I've not tried 4k cinema) and get a perfectly good Lightbridge downlink via the Lightbridge Android App. It seems to work in all the different HD modes on the App. i have not tried the HDMI output of the Lightbridge. I cannot remember what the settings on my GH4 are but I don't think that they are anything special. I will try the HDMI output and check my camera settings when I go to my workshop, maybe later today. I do, however, have an intermittent video feed error with my Lightbridge which I have got nowhere sorting but that is another story...

Best wishes,

Guy
2015-5-6
Use props
me
lvl.1

United Kingdom

me@gcrp.co.uk Posted at 2015-5-6 19:40
Hi Rick,

I can have my GH4 set in 4k UHD (I've not tried 4k cinema) and get a perfectly good Lightb ...

Hi Rick,

Fine on 4k UHD pal and NTSC and C4K. Fine on MOV and MP4. Fine on all Lightbridge downlink qualities. HDMI Rec output set to 4k down convert 1080p.TV connection setting HDMI mode (play) on 1080i when not greyed out (didn't quite work out when that was!). GH4 body firmware v2 and 2.2 fine. All Lightbridge firmwares most recent (air unit 1.1.9 also fine) and all Zenmuse Firmware latest. Rest of GH4 camera settings as per DJI recommendations.

Hope that helps.

What I get is an intermittent fault causing this, but I cannot find out the trigger (despite lots of fault finding exercises):

Any ideas anybody?
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules