Range problems
1380 15 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SwedishDroneDud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164098 ft

Sweden

I have recently updated my firmware and the Go app and now my range is limited to only 50 meters.
It did say in the list of what the firmware update included it said "range limited to 50 meters when flying without mobiledevice" but I was flying with my mobile device.
2017-8-13
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

2017-8-13
Use props
Marlyn
lvl.1
United States

Logoff / Login did not work for me. I had to uninstall  dji go app and reinstall
2017-8-13
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

DOESN"T WORK......
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

If re-install the APP and login your DJI Account do not work, please PM me your DJI Account and upload the flight records, I'd like to check the exact status.

@ Fishin Texas2015, please refer above and confirm.
2017-8-13
Use props
SwedishDroneDud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164098 ft

Sweden

I tried login/log out and it worked thank you
2017-8-14
Use props
Marlyn
lvl.1
United States

So I had a normal flight today and then second flight I was limited again.  I've downloaded my flight data if anyone cares to look.  Frustrating
2017-8-14
Use props
xfighter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3799 ft
Palestine

FOR GODS SAKE FIX THE APP
2017-8-14
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What App version are you using?
2017-8-20
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

If you arent using the current go app version then your flight will be limited. When you update the mc and the controller you must use the current go app version.
2017-8-20
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-20 06:12
If you arent using the current go app version then your flight will be limited. When you update the mc and the controller you must use the current go app version.

A couple simple hypothetical inquiries

For instance,
1)  if I update both the app AND firmware through DJI Update while using my Android device,  will I also need to update the app for my iOS device to avoid range limitations when I'm flying while using my iPhone?
2) What about when I'm using Litchi? Will the latest FW have any impact on my range?
2017-8-20
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-8-20 21:31

For instance,

Yes you will need to update the app on your ios device as well. If you have the current version of litchi you will be fine, if not you just need to start the go/go4 app, let it connect to your drone then close it and open litchi.
2017-8-21
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Betamace Posted at 2017-8-20 21:31

For instance,

Also remember that if you turn the AC off for changing battery then you also have to restart the app.
If you don't restart the app you have the 30m  50m  limit.
2017-8-21
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2017-8-21 09:48
Also remember that if you turn the AC off for changing battery then you also have to restart the app.
If you don't restart the app you have the 30m  50m  limit.

That's interesting and good to know.  Anyway, I updated to the  latest go app for both android and iOS devices and also the latest FW and flew one battery on each. Here's a couple of observations:

Android- Only had to sign in once to my account. Glad I was still at home on wifi.
Satellite acquisition was rather slow and sat count lingered at 6 during during most of the 15 minute test flight.
Flew out 500 feet, no signal/compass/gps warnings/issues.

iOS- Did not even prompt me to log in. Acquired 11 satellites less than 30 seconds (that's expected since the gps data is backed up for a period of time)  Total sat count went no lower than 9. Flew out 500 feet, no warnings/problems.

Satellite counts will vary over time, so I immediately repeated the android test flight,  acquired 6 satellites and occasionally had 7.

Since new updates may seem to have a placebo effect, through identical tests I've established that in my case, no noticeable change  in flight characteristics were noted in either app version. iOS does seem to be the real winner in how well the RC interfaces with the AC yet it's beyond me why the satellite counts would differ between the two versions since the FW is the same.  

Since I did 3 flights on my two batteries, I did not try Litchi with the new FW.

In my honest opinion, both versions of this new app & FW are no better than the three previous app versions and FW 1.8.1
2017-8-21
Use props
DustMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 973373 ft
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-20 06:12

I haven't updated yet  and I'm not limited to how far I can go
2017-8-21
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

DustMan Posted at 2017-8-21 17:07
I haven't updated yet  and I'm not limited to how far I can go

The range restrictions in the newer version seem to be contingent in part on a few external factors that can vary.
For legal and liability reasons it's good for DJI and it's much safer for those who fly in questionable conditions.
There's a reason why DJI does these things, I just wish they were up front more transparent about the changes so the owner/pilot can be made fully aware of what can be expected.
-Just my two cents.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules