Why is my DJI Spark video blurry?
7548 9 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0wTX1Qn
New
United States

Hi,

I just got my Spark and had my 2nd outdoor flight yesterday.  I noticed that the video was really pixelated.  Anyone know why?  Does the resolution go down in Sport Mode?  I attached a Tile Mate on top of the unit, but don't know if that's the issue.  How do I make sure every video I record is super sharp?

DJI Spark Blurry Video
2017-8-13
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Is the video pixelated on the SD card?
2017-8-13
Use props
StarFishUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54970 ft
United Kingdom

This looks the video captured by your phone rather than on the Spark itself.
2017-8-13
Use props
StarFishUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54970 ft
United Kingdom

BTW when I had a tile mounted on top of the Spark it was the only time I got the dredded Compas Error, ATTI mode and had to fly it back by eye. So I took it off and mounted it on the battery on the bottom of the Spark. The very next flight I got wierd heights reported and when it took off it just carried on goiong up and I struggled to bring it down. I really like the idea of the Tile and maybe this was just coincidence - but I have taken it off completly.
2017-8-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

StarFishUK Posted at 2017-8-13 12:06
BTW when I had a tile mounted on top of the Spark it was the only time I got the dredded Compas Error, ATTI mode and had to fly it back by eye. So I took it off and mounted it on the battery on the bottom of the Spark. The very next flight I got wierd heights reported and when it took off it just carried on goiong up and I struggled to bring it down. I really like the idea of the Tile and maybe this was just coincidence - but I have taken it off completly.

my GF gaffer tapped on a iPhone 5S that has a cracked screen we no longer use.. put it in a thin rubber rubber case we got from dollar store, she tapped it to the battery so didn't cover the VPS, we popped in a data only sim was activated.. turned wifi off, and we use the iPhone as a landing cushion now... works good, and assuming most places we fly and may loose it will have some cell signal, we can use find my iphone and get a fairly accurate location from afar..  

the iPhone 5S weighs about 112 grams without a case and with the useless rubber case weighs about 120 grams in total, the spark has no issues lifting 120 grams and stabilizing it fairly well, it isn't perfect but it hasn't flipped itself out of the sky and im very hard on my spark in sport mode.. in terms of battery life, my last battery i ran was 12:38 in sport mode with the iPhone tapped to it and landing gear legs off the prop arms.. so pretty much identical to runs without 120 grams of extra weight and drag..
2017-8-13
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

You could make an arduino based gps/sim device that can send you its gps coordinates a lot lighter than an iPhone.
2017-8-13
Use props
Rick Hunter
New
United States

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-13 11:53
Is the video pixelated on the SD card?

Oh, I just imported them directly from the drone.  Looks way better from saving it from the app.  Thanks.
2017-8-13
Use props
Rick Hunter
New
United States

StarFishUK Posted at 2017-8-13 12:06

Yeah, I saved the video from the DJI GO 4 app.  The only way I can get the full quality is from importing from the SD card to the computer?  There's no way I can get that quality from the app?

As for the Tile, I just took mine off, thanks.
2017-8-13
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Rick Hunter Posted at 2017-8-13 12:29
Yeah, I saved the video from the DJI GO 4 app.  The only way I can get the full quality is from importing from the SD card to the computer?  There's no way I can get that quality from the app?

As for the Tile, I just took mine off, thanks.

You can use the DJI Go app to download the high quality files direct from the SD card but it pulls them over wifi so it's quite slow, it's a lot quicker using an SD card reader.
2017-8-13
Use props
fans879cf03b
lvl.1
United States

Hi I have the same pixelated problem but it also shows on the video from my SD card as well. Anyone know why?
2019-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules