POLL: How many had Spark fall mid air after new updates?
5926 67 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

robli67 Posted at 2017-8-16 09:03
SO, how do you find out when the units where produced, spark and battery? What about the number of hours the units have been run before the fall, total.
I have updated all of my items, but have few hours on them or dist.

Hi Rob, you can try this link http://djiserialdecoder.x10host.com/index.php
2017-8-16
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2

Empelengenharia Posted at 2017-8-16 10:19
Poor image quality, will it be a lack of configuration or equipment problem?

Where the image quality is low? On your phone? Try relinking the spark to controller. I used OTG and was able to go 450m distance at 100m height. Didnt dare go further.
2017-8-16
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-16 17:23
unfortunately guys and gals... my spark died at my feet.. RIP.. bunch of errors while i was out thousands of feet away.  i had ton of flight zone errors, NFZ errors, SD card errors, battery over discharge errors, battery temp error (cold) battery temp error (hot), battery error (no discription but lost all communication with battery, no time remaining or percentage), RC signal lost, command timed out, no feedback from anything...... and never regained connection... after being extremely upset, confused and a bit angry.. 3 minutes later, still nothing on screen no feedback, the spark landed instantly rebooted then died completely.. just..stopped working.. all 3 of my batteries got same results, spark, died at my feet...

i put my spark back in the mail to return to amazon, last spark im getting myself until the second generation spark.  only if second gen spark has actual worthwhile upgrades like 25 minute battery, occusync or at least better wireless, and fix the damn camera software...   im going to be buying mavic pro when amazon refunds me...i know mavic pro has its issues, but its a more mature platform and most of the issues are figured out either by updates from DJi or by the community understanding things better....

Wow, thats scary! Atleast it came back to you. Is this happened in mid flight? Did you store it somewhere near metal for long time? Just throwing random questions to figure out what happened. Poor thing... I just flew 450m yesterday (my longest distance yet) and still gaining confidence to fly.
2017-8-16
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Indi91 Posted at 2017-8-16 19:29
Wow, thats scary! Atleast it came back to you. Is this happened in mid flight? Did you store it somewhere near metal for long time? Just throwing random questions to figure out what happened. Poor thing... I just flew 450m yesterday (my longest distance yet) and still gaining confidence to fly.

nothing different than normal..  stored it in the included fly more carry case.. as for why it happened,not entirely sure..  it acted flawless..up till that point.  not sure
2017-8-16
Use props
Empelengenharia
New
Brazil

Indi91 Posted at 2017-8-16 19:22
Where the image quality is low? On your phone? Try relinking the spark to controller. I used OTG and was able to go 450m distance at 100m height. Didnt dare go further.

In the video recorded on the memory card
2017-8-17
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Indi91 Posted at 2017-8-16 19:22

i went 856 meters about a week ago in sport mode with no OTG and it was flawless with good Image transmission and response. the distance did not make the transmission lag any more than it already does.
2017-8-17
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-16 21:15
nothing different than normal..  stored it in the included fly more carry case.. as for why it happened,not entirely sure..  it acted flawless..up till that point.  not sure

Didnt you tout about flying in a severe rain storm and talk about how rough you were going to be to your workhorse drones.  I'm not surprised your Spark gave up the ghost.  
2017-8-17
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-8-17 05:09
Didnt you tout about flying in a severe rain storm and talk about how rough you were going to be to your workhorse drones.  I'm not surprised your Spark gave up the ghost.

not to mention the shell was removed off the top
2017-8-17
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-17 05:07
not to mention the shell was removed off the top

was a different person that showed it off...  

yes i did fly in downpour sure it could have killed it.. but reason i doubt it.. i dried it out very well before flying it hours and hours consecutively.. and i have good amount of experience with water damaged electronics.. if they fail they usually fail rapidly..and only while they are wet..  if they get a chance to dry, they then usually dont fail hours and hours of constant use later..  

like my iPhone i used to own a couple years ago.. that died same day...    didn't dry out before it died.. but my $2000+ Dell XPS 15 ultrabook was also drowned in a rainstorm at my farm, we left it outside processing photos, open and all and it was soaked.. next day it still ran.. today a year later, it still runs fine, even touch screen works perfectly and here i am typing this to you on it without any replaced parts..  

other thing makes me doubt water damage is route cause, it returned home perfectly, one of its most precise landings it ever had too...     maybe im wrong but i doubt the landing software is run on a separate board hidden away in a waterproof area... and its probably run from same board all other flight systems run on..  

and i know it will probably bother alot of users here, but i plan on doing the same with my mavic pro, thats why i pay for insurance and they said what i do with my drone is my business... only thing they do not cover is DJi manurfacturing defects.. otherwise it can be stolen, swamped, drowned, run over, siezed, shot down, whatever, no dedictuable they cut me a check...  if its within 30 days amazon has no questions policy on my returns...
2017-8-17
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-17 09:04
was a different person that showed it off...  

yes i did fly in downpour sure it could have killed it.. but reason i doubt it.. i dried it out very well before flying it hours and hours consecutively.. and i have good amount of experience with water damaged electronics.. if they fail they usually fail rapidly..and only while they are wet..  if they get a chance to dry, they then usually dont fail hours and hours of constant use later..  

hey dude, i love that your doing torture tests with the spark! it shows how durable it is, i am not criticizing, i am encouraging!

i apologize if it seems otherwise.
2017-8-17
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-17 09:41
hey dude, i love that your doing torture tests with the spark! it shows how durable it is, i am not criticizing, i am encouraging!

i apologize if it seems otherwise.

no im not upset towards you or others.. just saying...it doesn't make sense to me that water damage caused that..  i have torn my spark apart but i never really said anything here about it, that was another user...

sparks are very durable they can typically hold up to heavy impacts, moderate falls, stronger winds, and a light rain shower... i think its fine to fly in a light rain shower or mist... conformal coating on mainboard, heavy silicon based silastics on the connectors, everything is very tightly fitted, and water loosely landing on things isn't going to likely work its way into anything without pressure.. i dont recommend downpours for anything powered by batteries, even if it's water resistant.  like my S8, rated as water resistant but i dont recommend flooding it, just nice to know probably some protection in place incase it happens..
2017-8-17
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

More power to ya.  Torture test so I know that whatever I put mine through will always only be a fraction of what you do to your birds.
2017-8-17
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-17 04:59
i went 856 meters about a week ago in sport mode with no OTG and it was flawless with good Image transmission and response. the distance did not make the transmission lag any more than it already does.

WOw nice!!! I should try again in open field. I do feel nice to just connect only Wifi and go a long way. Im happy if i can hit 500m, as most probably thats a good enough distance . Im now researching flying it over a cliff to see if the spark would drop or not (not gonna test it till i know the behavior for sure).
2017-8-17
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2

Empelengenharia Posted at 2017-8-17 03:55
In the video recorded on the memory card[view_image]

Maybe you should try refreshing the firmware, or use a different SD card. If still same, then something is wrong.
2017-8-17
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Try refreshing firmware then try a factory reset  on assistant
2017-8-17
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Did over 9500 with otg sorry that happened imheretocrash sucks ;(
Screenshot_20170814-155347.png
2017-8-17
Use props
Mudgelator
New

Australia

Mine drops if fly aggressively. Should not be so.
2017-8-17
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

Indi91 Posted at 2017-8-17 17:14
WOw nice!!! I should try again in open field. I do feel nice to just connect only Wifi and go a long way. Im happy if i can hit 500m, as most probably thats a good enough distance . Im now researching flying it over a cliff to see if the spark would drop or not (not gonna test it till i know the behavior for sure).

just make sure you can recover it! i don't care much for flying long distance unless its because i cant physically get there for a nice shot.
2017-8-18
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-18 01:46
just make sure you can recover it! i don't care much for flying long distance unless its because i cant physically get there for a nice shot.

A very sound advice, thank you . Yep ill keep that in mind.
2017-8-20
Use props
Hemang
New
Flight distance : 20495 ft
India

Indi91 Posted at 2017-8-13 23:22
Was the drone turned off when you pick it up? Or for some reason it lose altitude and just eased to the ground? I noticed that happens to me sometimes and i push it back up. Never hit the ground though.

Hi, The drone was very much on lights were also on. Blades were still spinning. but it stopped responding to my remote.
2017-8-22
Use props
fans01328f2a
New
Dominican Republic

I just joined . My spark got all crazy yesterday while flying a lake . I was not touching the control when it took speed (like it jumped to sport mode) it made a turn on the middle of the lake and landed ☹️. Currently is under rise. Advise what to do . Thanks alex
2017-8-22
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans01328f2a Posted at 2017-8-22 10:34
I just joined . My spark got all crazy yesterday while flying a lake . I was not touching the control when it took speed (like it jumped to sport mode) it made a turn on the middle of the lake and landed ☹️. Currently is under rise. Advise what to do . Thanks alex

Hi fans01328f2a,  I'm having trouble parsing your description of the event.  Did you lose your spark under water?  Or were you able to land and retrieve it?  If you were able to retrieve, is it damaged?

Usually DJI asks you to post flight logs, and there's an instructional video on how to retrieve the flight logs.  I don't have that link handy, but it's all over in the forums.

I'm curious about your case because I too fly over water a lot.  Did you have all the updates installed?
2017-8-22
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine has flown flawlessly since I got it (knock on wood).
2017-8-28
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lot's of flying, no unexpected falls (except for one palm-launch flop that I can't reproduce).  But I must admit that I never had an unexpected fall before the latest firmware.
2017-8-28
Use props
Joelling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76539 ft
Thailand

My spark has flown flawlessly with the latest firmware. Granted the furthest I have flown was 400+m away and 70m high since I updated. I'll do more tests again this weekend to see if the firmware update has indeed improve connectio
2017-8-28
Use props
Joelling
lvl.4
Thailand

My spark has flown flawlessly with the latest firmware. Granted the furthest I have flown was 400+m away and 70m high since I updated. I'll do more tests again this weekend to see if the firmware update has indeed improve connection
2017-8-28
Use props
Joelling
lvl.4
Thailand

My spark has flown flawlessly with the latest firmware. Granted the furthest I have flown was 400+m away and 70m high since I updated. I'll do more tests again this weekend to see if the firmware update has indeed improve connection
2017-8-28
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

Just got mine yesterday. Flew yesterday and today with no issues.
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules