3898 74 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-14 07:05
If it is hardware then i would most likely think its bad batteries , i don't think its hardware in the Aircraft, i believe other buggy problems maybe connected to devices being used by people there is a whole variety of different devices being used some on the recommended list some not some using android and some using iOS some older units and some newer devices.

if this was an aircraft hardware problem then it would have been recalled by now, as we can see from several different polls there have been falls in every month of manufacture so lets say 100,000 sold that means there is a possibility over time of 100,000 falling out of the sky, i don't think even dji would take a chance on that.

i believe you are right. am i right in thinking it could be user error as well? ie: if the pilot pulled the sticks down and towards each-other at a 45 degree angle, this would shut off the motors right? that's how i interpreted it from the manual anyway.
2017-8-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Your Spark (...) ) was manufactured on Friday, July, 14th 2017

Till now, all seems to be fine
2017-8-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-14 07:12
i believe you are right. am i right in thinking it could be user error as well? ie: if the pilot pulled the sticks down and towards each-other at a 45 degree angle, this would shut off the motors right? that's how i interpreted it from the manual anyway.

Thats a CSC which switches of AC usually in mid air , this is possible but I don't think this has happened often, you need to be really panicked to do this you can also switch this off, if your spark dropping from the sky it likely has no power if it has its just as likely to spin which will cut motors anyways so no need for this to be turned on.
Many around here don't seem to understand that with all dji aircraft these teething problems occurred, there is also the ever changing updates to your android iOS etc that the dji go app must keep up, also many on android don't always update their phones so many working off different FW & SW and its not as easy as some think to keep up with all the changes. but give it time you will see all this bed down.
2017-8-14
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-14 07:23
Thats a CSC which switches of AC usually in mid air , this is possible but I don't think this has happened often, you need to be really panicked to do this you can also switch this off, if your spark dropping from the sky it likely has no power if it has its just as likely to spin which will cut motors anyways so no need for this to be turned on.
Many around here don't seem to understand that with all dji aircraft these teething problems occurred, there is also the ever changing updates to your android iOS etc that the dji go app must keep up, also many on android don't always update their phones so many working off different FW & SW and its not as easy as some think to keep up with all the changes. but give it time you will see all this bed down.

i agree with you there! i am not worried, im sure it will all be fixed soon as it was for the mavic when everyone was panicking
2017-8-14
Use props
RoK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1245154 ft
Denmark

I flew in two different locations 40 miles apart with the same problem. I did compass calibration before each flight since the first error occurrence....the compass fail entering in ATT mode start to become the norm for every flight in different locations since two days ago...I'm moving from Norway to Denmark today. I will give it another try before sended back to DJI.
2017-8-14
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Monday, May, 29th 2017.  Thus far I've had no significant mishaps, crashes, drops, etc.
2017-8-14
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your Spark (...) ) was manufactured on Tuesday May 16th, 2017, the exact same day as my Mavic.  Not a single issue so far.
2017-8-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rok did the app tell u to calibrate compass? Otherwise u shouldnt unless app asks u too
2017-8-14
Use props
yuyuchanchen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73366 ft
Canada

No issues at all: Your Spark (XXXXXXXXXXXXXX) was manufactured on Saturday, June, 3rd 2017.
2017-8-14
Use props
TyronP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70259 ft
United States

Wednesday, July 5th 2017. Only issue I have it keeps giving me message on the DJI go app "aircraft flying in different country/region". Thanks only comes when I start up and connect.
2017-8-14
Use props
TyronP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70259 ft
United States

Manufactured on Wednesday July 5th 2017. Only issue I have is a message from DJI go app "aircraft is flying in different country /region.
2017-8-14
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399984 ft
Greece

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-14 07:12

if it werde CSC then it would show in Flucht records for sure.. and if CSC command is used, it only shut off the Motors not the whole power, so in that case the LEDs of the AC would be on, but in these cases there are no LEDs blinking, the powermanagement is comoletely Curt off..this cannot be the CSC Com man d for sure!
2017-8-14
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sparky was born on Wednesday, May, 24th 2017, so far no issues other than the usual compass problems, so far...
2017-8-14
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nearly all have had no issues.....
reason:  the ones who had issues have no drone to get the serial number, it flew away or dropped.
2017-8-14
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

fans3b8dd2c3 Posted at 2017-8-14 11:10
if it werde CSC then it would show in Flucht records for sure.. and if CSC command is used, it only shut off the Motors not the whole power, so in that case the LEDs of the AC would be on, but in these cases there are no LEDs blinking, the powermanagement is comoletely Curt off..this cannot be the CSC Com man d for sure!

i recall many cases where the spark led's were still on. you are right though it would be in the flight log, i didn't think about that
2017-8-14
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

HomePoint Posted at 2017-8-14 12:41
Nearly all have had no issues.....
reason:  the ones who had issues have no drone to get the serial number, it flew away or dropped.

I think they still can get the serial number on the tag that sticked on their box
2017-8-14
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mine was manufactured on Monday, May, 22nd 2017 - no issues..
Flown purely by wifi phone.
2017-8-14
Use props
Logan09870
lvl.1
Australia

Logan09870 Posted at 2017-8-13 22:34
Hey everyone, my spark was manufactured on Thursday, July, 6th 20th 2017. I have had no problems so far but I have not tried drone yet.

I just tested out dronie, it went up at 0.15m/s. Is it normal for it to be this slow?
2017-8-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

My RED Spark works great with no real issues      Your Spark (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) was manufactured on Wednesday, May, 31st 2017

After the last FW update gesture mode only works fine with the palm control etc. but will not go up and track me with the wave gesture.... When the remote is connected I can get the wave gesture to work sometimes?

Rich
2017-8-14
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

Mine was born 24th June, 2017. No issue so far, all quick shots works perfectly, the distance sliders work good as well. No issue of drop. Only thing im having is when i push to 300m (600ft~) im getting lag already and immediately pull it back. I was hoping atleast 500m. OTG gave me even worst, at 200m.....
2017-8-14
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Very good topic, imo production date may matter.

Please also write a produ tion date of battery.

Falling issue may touch some percentage of devices.

Please keep collecting data.
2017-8-14
Use props
ciesnik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238750 ft
Germany

This thread leads to nothing looking at the dates and people with no issues.

My Spark was manufactured on June 1st, 2017 . I was flying it for 4 weeks with no issues and then it decided to fly away. This is a random error.

I got a replacement Spark from DJI which is manufactured May 26th, 2017 for a week, now. Until now no issues - but this does not calm me down.
2017-8-15
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

ciesnik Posted at 2017-8-15 00:06

My Spark was manufactured on June 1st, 2017 . I was flying it for 4 weeks with no issues and then it decided to fly away. This is a random error.

I agree, the data is just random.
About the second Spark, I think you don't have to worry, because I not yet hear any case that fall/ flyaway after the replacement/ repair.

There are 2 cases that I heard of which DJI repaired or replaced the Spark with different s/n, however, they did not touch the batteries...That tell me the problem is inside the Spark hardware, not the battery.
2017-8-15
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-15 01:27
About the second Spark, I think you don't have to worry, because I not yet hear any case that fall/ flyaway after the replacement/ repair.

interesting information, thanks for sharing.
2017-8-15
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

ciesnik Posted at 2017-8-15 00:06

Flyaway is one thing, falling from the sky is other.

Falling issue may be related to production date.
As i can see now, some sparks from May and June falled.
2017-8-15
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-15 01:27

I may mean a dji know issue and its not related to the software.

It mean it is a hardware malfunction of some drones and now they can diagnose  it and recognize a faulty and unfaulty ones.

It mean they know which ones they should recall.

I also mean a production process i probably fixed at now.

Sharing a production date may help us to get a knowledge when sparks stopped falling.
2017-8-15
Use props
ernieken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547641 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Your (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) was manufactured on Saturday, May, 27th 2017
Latest firmware. No issues up to now, never calibrated compass or IMU (even not when I was more than 1000km away from my home location).
Gesture mode isn't working well anymore since last firmware update, that's all.Only flying with Ipad up to now.
2017-8-15
Use props
Sponk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7815 ft
Germany

Tuesday, June, 27th 2017

Dropped once almost 2 weeks ago without me touching the sticks. (it was in the middle of a pano shooting)
No problems since.
2017-8-15
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

My spark fell from 100m. It just suddenly shut down. It was not CSC as CSC does not stop the video feed or logging.

It was manufactured Saturday, May, 20th 2017
2017-8-15
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Bobesh Posted at 2017-8-15 05:26
My spark fell from 100m. It just suddenly shut down. It was not CSC as CSC does not stop the video feed or logging.

It was manufactured Saturday, May, 20th 2017

Did they repair under warranty?
2017-8-15
Use props
scottychop1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2513 ft
United States

Wednesday, June, 28th 2017, fell from the sky a week ago from a 10 ft. hover and broke off the gimbal.
2017-8-15
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-15 05:31
Did they repair under warranty?

I will find out. The thing is... Both video & log is cut off when Spark shut down. The only thing that is representing the fall is the cached video, where if you use VLC you can hear the audio continue (without the video feed, which was by that time gone) and hear "nothing" then suddenly Spark spinning the rotors furiously. In the log (before the shut down) there is absolutely nothing (great signal, in direct line of sight - few meters away from me).

See the thread for yourself: https://forum.dji.com/thread-108591-1-1.html
2017-8-15
Use props
Jimmyeao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6604 ft
United Kingdom

No issues yet in over 40 flights - manufactured on Saturday, June, 17th 2017
Be good if someone could graph all the responses, I may try later
2017-8-18
Use props
Jimmyeao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6604 ft
United Kingdom

Ive created a google form to track this, see if there is any correlation - if you could fill it in its here: https://goo.gl/forms/K2EH9bJlV8lRW5I72 and I will share the results
2017-8-18
Use props
k9education
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184 ft
United States

Model: Spark, build on: 22. June 2017

Fell out of the sky on it's first flight.
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules