I lost my Spark yesterday
3379 34 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moooorin17
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20965 ft
Spain

Yesterday was my last day in my Spain's holidays, i went to the Siurana mountain where it's very beautifull, so i decided to take my Spark. I prepared all, checked the battery, the compass, the RTH point, all were good and i started to fly. And after 2 minutes of flying, my drone disconnected automaticly, Dji Go app proposed me to RTH, i accepeted, but it didn't work, it told me that it can't RTH. I run as long i can in hope to find the signal but nothing, it was like it disconnected instantly, like if it turn off alone and immediatly. I searched everywhere while approximatively one hour with the hope to find it but arrived at the edge of the cliff, i realised that my Spark is lost. I'm very disapointed because i had it only 10 days ago and i don't know what to do, can i contact DJI to help me to understand what happened and if the can help me ?

Sorry for my English, i'm french i hope my explain was good.
2017-8-13
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Try sent your flight data log to DJI Support and hope they can solve your issues.
2017-8-13
Use props
StarFishUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54970 ft
United Kingdom

Firstly, your English is fine.

Really sorry to hear about this. I think this happening is something we all worry about. It sounds like your Spark might have suffered the "falling brick of doom" problem. Did the video feed cut off suddenly when the problem began?

You should definitely submit a claim with DJI and send them your logs. Unfortunately I think the most likely outcome is 30% off a replacement. Good luck just the same....
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for your loss, like Nelsonlee mentioned, please provide the flight records to the Support, they'll submit a data analysis for you, see if they can find out what happened. Please refer to the link below to contact the Support.  http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-13
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

So sorry to hear that. There are a set of flight logs in your mobile device you used to fly it.
2017-8-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Even I felt my heart drop reading that.    I can relate.. not with spark specifically.. but similar event has occurred.    I can relate, different area, have to return home long distance away, and your huge investment is RIP....  and RIP on most majestic place..  I had a camera stolen from me before on my travels.. $5,000 wortha kit.. gone I only realized it later on when I was going to use it...   

Unfortunately for me though, it’s 4am here and I’m leaving in a short while to go to my farm for an emergency..  or something urgent..  something is going on.  Apparently worth a couple hours of driving on a Monday pre rush hour I’m told.  So RIP me..  

2017-8-14
Use props
Andy6178
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1765 ft
Malaysia

Yes, your case is almost same like me, wifi signal suddenly lost and can't find it anymore, search every place but can't get the signal anymore, i can imagine this kind of case will happen more frequently in future, let see how dji to settle it
2017-8-14
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

This sounds like a fly-away and not a drop.  2 minutes of flight would still be pretty close.  I definitely understand though that various in various terrain 2 minutes of flight could be challenging terrain.
2017-8-14
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With all these fly way problems and other issues with the spark that are occurring at an alarming rate, Don't you think that as long as the flight data says that it is nothing to do with pilot error that DJI Should  give out  new sparks to each and everyone  with those problems and asap. As long as there is no doubt that customers are not trying it on and pretending to lose their drones which is not the case i might add..
So DJI come on and give out replacements to those unfortunate customers NOW!!
You will still be a profitable company........
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry to hear about the case, could you also export the Flight Controller LOG Data in the mobile device and upload it to Dropbox? I'll help to check. Thank you.
Please refer to this tutorial begin at 1:08:
2017-8-14
Use props
Zviratko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1401 ft
Czechia

Have you been flying with a controller?

IMO they never should have sold Spark without one, at least not in the current state. Even with RC I had frequent disconnects from phone (yes, it reconnects quickly with the latest firmware but that's hardly the point) while the RC still worked and could control the drone. I'd never dare operate it without RC.
2017-8-14
Use props
Moooorin17
lvl.1
France

StarFishUK Posted at 2017-8-13 23:21
Firstly, your English is fine.

Really sorry to hear about this. I think this happening is something we all worry about. It sounds like your Spark might have suffered the "falling brick of doom" problem. Did the video feed cut off suddenly when the problem began?

Yes the video cut off suddenly, and signal too. No response from the drone, i've got the RC telecomand in order to have better connexion but it was not ...
2017-8-15
Use props
Moooorin17
lvl.1
France

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-14 18:06
I am sorry to hear about the case, could you also export the Flight Controller LOG Data in the mobile device and upload it to Dropbox? I'll help to check. Thank you.
Please refer to this tutorial begin at 1:08:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNIrePb_pR6Rd2Cp8GaKa_i&index=6

I don't know what file you want, so here all i export about the flight log : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kvvma ... di_ZSCIadaIl-a?dl=0
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Moooorin17 Posted at 2017-8-15 04:21
I don't know what file you want, so here all i export about the flight log : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kvvma80dogc8xyy/AAD12CJDJ_gdi_ZSCIadaIl-a?dl=0

Yes, this is the flight record file, I saw your another post, you mentioned that you sent the data log to DJI support, did you get a case number from the Support? If yes, please provide me with your case number, we'll keep an eye on it.
2017-8-16
Use props
Moooorin17
lvl.1
France

I haven't yet send the data log, just a mail where I explain what happened. The case number is : 689002. Is it better if I open an other case where I explain in English and where I put the data log too ?
2017-8-16
Use props
duncanmcknz
New
Flight distance : 4173 ft
United Kingdom

I don't know what file you want, so here all i export about the flight log : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kvvma80dogc8xyy/AAD12CJDJ_gdi_ZSCIadaIl-a?dl=0

Hi DJIDiana,

I had the same issue myself 3 weeks ago. Immediately reported it to DJI and now have a case number (CAS-865395-F0G5N1).

I was told on 7/8/17 that my flight log data would be analysed, but have heard nothing since. When should I expect a response, and how can I escalate this? I'd only had the Spark less than a week, so very upset to have had it fly away without any controls being pressed!

Thanks,
Duncan
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

duncanmcknz Posted at 2017-8-16 04:24
Hi DJIDiana,

I had the same issue myself 3 weeks ago. Immediately reported it to DJI and now have a case number (CAS-865395-F0G5N1).

I am sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing. I had informed the proper team to expedite your case. Please check your email later.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thank you so much, since you had contacted our support, we will also help to watch the process on it. Hope we can get it sorted quickly. Thanks for your patience.
2017-8-16
Use props
duncanmcknz
New
Flight distance : 4173 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-16 23:26
I am sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing. I had informed the proper team to expedite your case. Please check your email later.

Hi DJI Thor,

I have not received any further emails yet, how long does this process normally take? and is there any one I can speak to about its progress?

Thanks,
Duncan
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

duncanmcknz Posted at 2017-8-18 12:29
Hi DJI Thor,

I have not received any further emails yet, how long does this process normally take? and is there any one I can speak to about its progress?

We had escalated the process, they will contact you once they have the result. Really sorry for this, I'll also keep an eye for you. Please wait patiently.
2017-8-18
Use props
Moooorin17
lvl.1
France

Hi,

I was told on 8/18/17 that my flight log data would be analysed, and it was normal take 1-2 business days but have heard nothing since. When should I expect a response, and how can I escalate this ?

Thanks
2017-8-23
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please keep us updated.
2017-8-23
Use props
Moooorin17
lvl.1
France

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-16 02:43
Yes, this is the flight record file, I saw your another post, you mentioned that you sent the data log to DJI support, did you get a case number from the Support? If yes, please provide me with your case number, we'll keep an eye on it.

Hi Diana,

I was told on 2017/8/18 that my flight log data would be analysed, and it was normal take 1-2 business days but have heard nothing since. When should I expect a response ?

Thanks
2017-8-25
Use props
fanse9637474
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46923 ft
United Kingdom

Moooorin17 Posted at 2017-8-25 09:16
Hi Diana,

I was told on 2017/8/18 that my flight log data would be analysed, and it was normal take 1-2 business days but have heard nothing since. When should I expect a response ?

I lost my drone nearly two weeks ago and DJI still haven't looked at the flight logs and gotten back to me - so much for expedited service for people who pay extra for DJI care. I am really disappointed with this company.
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Moooorin17 Posted at 2017-8-25 09:16
Hi Diana,

I've escalated it, we will have some contact you once it is finished, please wait patiently!
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fanse9637474 Posted at 2017-8-25 11:10
I lost my drone nearly two weeks ago and DJI still haven't looked at the flight logs and gotten back to me - so much for expedited service for people who pay extra for DJI care. I am really disappointed with this company.

Sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, just checked your case, it is under analyze now, I've escalated it, we will get it sorted out shortly. Appreciate your patience.
2017-8-28
Use props
jamesduk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-28 00:23
Sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, just checked your case, it is under analyze now, I've escalated it, we will get it sorted out shortly. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for looking into it!
2017-8-28
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear about your loss, hope DJI make it work and provide you with a replacement, given you had the DJI Care package.

Best of luck
2017-8-28
Use props
wisnia.sebastia
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Could you please PM DJI Diana your phone number and e-mail address? Our technical support will contact you later.
2017-8-28
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

I do hope your case will be solved soon. Please keep us updated here.
2017-8-28
Use props
jamesduk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone - DJI have said it was a warranty issue and will replace the drone. They didn't use DJI care refresh.   I'm obviously delighted but also somewhat nervous about flying again...
2017-9-1
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84993 ft
United States

jamesduk Posted at 2017-9-1 10:41
Thanks everyone - DJI have said it was a warranty issue and will replace the drone. They didn't use DJI care refresh.   I'm obviously delighted but also somewhat nervous about flying again...

That's great news!  Glad to hear your case got resolved properly.  I too had a similar situation where my screen went out, lost connection, and off the drone went.  Also waiting to hear back but I haven't been waiting quite as long yet....patiently waiting
2017-9-1
Use props
Moooorin17
lvl.1
France

After their analyse, DJI have said it was a warranty issue and will give me a 100% coupon code for a new Spark, but since last Wednesday i haven't got any news about the procedure, anybody knows what I have to do you now ?
2017-9-4
Use props
jamesduk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Moooorin17 Posted at 2017-9-4 09:00
After their analyse, DJI have said it was a warranty issue and will give me a 100% coupon code for a new Spark, but since last Wednesday i haven't got any news about the procedure, anybody knows what I have to do you now ?

Reply to the email saying you want the code and a few more working days later you'll get the code - if not contact support and they'll chase it. I think it's best just to call them directly:

https://www.dji.com/support/product   (click TEL at the bottom to find one in your country).
2017-9-6
Use props
Moooorin17
lvl.1
France

jamesduk Posted at 2017-9-6 22:50
Reply to the email saying you want the code and a few more working days later you'll get the code - if not contact support and they'll chase it. I think it's best just to call them directly:

https://www.dji.com/support/product   (click TEL at the bottom to find one in your country).

Ok thank you Jamesduk
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules