Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Forward Vision Sensor Error (4)
12Next >
16444 48 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vbgrim
lvl.1
United States

Was flying yesterday and all of the sudden the image froze, then just  went dark.  Was showing the Spark to my cousin and flew it out behind  the house.  Both of us thought we could hear it, so went behind the  house thinking we'd walk back and see it hovering or something, but then  we couldn't hear it any more.  I looked on the map and walked over to  where it should be and found it lying on the ground nearby.  There were  some trees there, but thought I was high enough to be over them, and  didn't see anything when flying and the flight log says I was 95 ft high  at the time, and I don't think those trees are that high.  Battery had  popped out, but otherwise it looked fine.  Well, it's not apparently.   Getting the Vision Error report  when I look in "Overall Status" and it  also says "Air Encoder Errror (0x800000)".  I've restarted, taken the SD  card out.  It will still fly, auto take off and auto land and responds  fine to controls, but no image.  Says "No Image Transmission Signal" at  the top of the screen.   Also under Status I see "Hardware Malfunction.  Contact DJI Support to for repairs" (yes it's actually phrased like  that). It says different things when I restart it sometimes it'll say  "Camera Sensor Error".

Anybody ahve any ideas on what is broken or malfunctioning?

Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for to hear about the crash,  Air Encoder Error and Camera Sensor Error both are hardware problems,  I would recommend you send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. Please refer to the link below to contact the Support to start a case first.  http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-14
Use props
vbgrim
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-14 22:22
Sorry for to hear about the crash,  Air Encoder Error and Camera Sensor Error both are hardware problems,  I would recommend you send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. Please refer to the link below to contact the Support to start a case first.  http://www.dji.com/support

Thanks for the response, I have sent the drone in for analysis.  I had the drone in Sport mode at 95 feet, with the stick full forward.  When looking at the flight log it looks like it went down over some trees.  Even though I was looking RIGHT AT the screen on my phone and I was well above the trees, I had myself convinced that I had hit something to make it crash.  I had my cousin come over (who owns a business making and distributing drones and parts), with his Spark and fly it over those trees to see how high they were.  The trees were no more than 60 feet high...so I was flying at least 35 feet higher than the trees when the drone stopped communicating and fell from the sky.  I was no more than 300 feet away from me at the time.  I'm concerned that DJI is going to look at the flight log and, without knowing the height of those trees, conclude I flew it into a tree and charge me a ton of money for a repair that was not any fault of mine.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

vbgrim Posted at 2017-8-20 08:05
Thanks for the response, I have sent the drone in for analysis.  I had the drone in Sport mode at 95 feet, with the stick full forward.  When looking at the flight log it looks like it went down over some trees.  Even though I was looking RIGHT AT the screen on my phone and I was well above the trees, I had myself convinced that I had hit something to make it crash.  I had my cousin come over (who owns a business making and distributing drones and parts), with his Spark and fly it over those trees to see how high they were.  The trees were no more than 60 feet high...so I was flying at least 35 feet higher than the trees when the drone stopped communicating and fell from the sky.  I was no more than 300 feet away from me at the time.  I'm concerned that DJI is going to look at the flight log and, without knowing the height of those trees, conclude I flew it into a tree and charge me a ton of money for a repair that was not any fault of mine.

Could you please provide me with your case number? I'd like to forward your concern to our engineers.
2017-8-20
Use props
vbgrim
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-20 22:44
Could you please provide me with your case number? I'd like to forward your concern to our engineers.

Thanks for your concern.  Looks like the case number is CAS-892403-L2V4J6.  When I dropped it off at UPS they said it should be at your location by Wednesday (tomorrow).  Let me know what you find out.  I miss that little thing!
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

vbgrim Posted at 2017-8-22 11:14
Thanks for your concern.  Looks like the case number is CAS-892403-L2V4J6.  When I dropped it off at UPS they said it should be at your location by Wednesday (tomorrow).  Let me know what you find out.  I miss that little thing!

Just checked it, we've received it, this case is under process now, we'll keep you updated.
2017-8-24
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

sorry to hear about your issue .. hope it's nothing serious and your back up flying soon.
2017-8-24
Use props
vbgrim
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-24 03:25
Just checked it, we've received it, this case is under process now, we'll keep you updated.

Email response from DJI:
Dear Customer,

Your product sent back qualifies for repair under warranty. Repair will be finished within three to six business days.

I must say I was worried that the repair wasn't going to be covered, but I am glad the company is stepping up to take care of such incidences.  I bought DJI on the advice of my cousin who runs a business selling drones and parts (many that he designs and makes).  He said that the quality of their product had no comparison.  It seems like this Spark unit is plagued with perhaps more issues than other DJI products and I am sure that all of the bugs will get straightened out in due time.  I am sure to buy DJI again!
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

vbgrim Posted at 2017-8-24 11:56
Email response from DJI:
Dear Customer,

Appreciate your update, which provides us motivation to keep improving! Hope you can get the drone back to fly soon.
2017-8-25
Use props
vbgrim
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-25 00:53
Appreciate your update, which provides us motivation to keep improving! Hope you can get the drone back to fly soon.

I guess it's fixed and will be headed home soon.  Didn't see that there was any info on what was out of sorts and what repair it needed.  Would like to have known some details.  Can't wait to have it back.  My friend's son has been counting the days so he can come over and see it again.
2017-8-25
Use props
fans32bc4b7e
lvl.1
Australia

I have a Phantom 4 and are having Forward and Downward vision sensor calibration Errors.
I have updated it for 10th time to latest firmware and re-calibrated sensors and still having the same errors.It comes good for 2 -5 independant flights with no errors,but shutting aircraft down for 30 minutes and try restarting it,all vision errors re-appear again...,I then have to restart aircraft 3 times and then errors go away.But shutting it down again for a bit and restart it the errors appears again.
I have send it to DJI for repair and just got it back but its still the same errors appearing.
Any help please ...?
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans32bc4b7e Posted at 2017-10-30 01:14
I have a Phantom 4 and are having Forward and Downward vision sensor calibration Errors.
I have updated it for 10th time to latest firmware and re-calibrated sensors and still having the same errors.It comes good for 2 -5 independant flights with no errors,but shutting aircraft down for 30 minutes and try restarting it,all vision errors re-appear again...,I then have to restart aircraft 3 times and then errors go away.But shutting it down again for a bit and restart it the errors appears again.
I have send it to DJI for repair and just got it back but its still the same errors appearing.

Did you calibrate the vision sensor successfully? If not, please try to use another computer. Please tell me the case number, you can PM me instead.
2017-10-30
Use props
fans32bc4b7e
lvl.1
Australia

Yes i did calibrated it succesfully everytime and comes good for a few flights but errors does reapear again.CAS-1059468-V6K9Q1
2017-11-1
Use props
fans8a01f6b2
New

India

My dji spark is showing error camera sensor error and forward vision sensor error. And 0×800000 what happen to my spark I don't know.. I have never crashed it.. please tell me what to do.. Because it is brand new .. and I have email to dji care they are saying I have to send drone to them but it is impossible to send drone to them because in India it is restricted to send or receive.. Plz tell me what I have to repair shall I change whole camera gimbal assembly available on many online sites
image2.png
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans32bc4b7e Posted at 2017-11-1 19:40
Yes i did calibrated it succesfully everytime and comes good for a few flights but errors does reapear again.CAS-1059468-V6K9Q1

Can you provide a screenshot of the error message? Any other message you got? Did you go outdoor and check if the error message disappear?
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans8a01f6b2 Posted at 2017-11-1 19:43
My dji spark is showing error camera sensor error and forward vision sensor error. And 0×800000 what happen to my spark I don't know.. I have never crashed it.. please tell me what to do.. Because it is brand new .. and I have email to dji care they are saying I have to send drone to them but it is impossible to send drone to them because in India it is restricted to send or receive.. Plz tell me what I have to repair shall I change whole camera gimbal assembly available on many online sites

In this case, I would recommend you send it back for check: http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-2
Use props
fans32bc4b7e
lvl.1
Australia

All this errors appears when I am outside
C26C2193-501E-43B2-9949-A4D1F42CCAC0.png
2017-11-6
Use props
fans32bc4b7e
lvl.1
Australia

1CC2D95D-7C7B-4774-8D5E-18FB90C92A91.png
2017-11-6
Use props
fans32bc4b7e
lvl.1
Australia

B950F22F-2598-4A17-AC9B-A77768B70655.png
2017-11-6
Use props
fans32bc4b7e
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-2 01:42
Can you provide a screenshot of the error message? Any other message you got? Did you go outdoor and check if the error message disappear?

Errors appears when i am outside.Like i said,it comes and go,sometimes i have to restart aircraft 5 times before errors are gone,but shutting it down and restart later to fly the errors are back again and everything repeats itself over and over again.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans32bc4b7e Posted at 2017-11-6 21:08
Errors appears when i am outside.Like i said,it comes and go,sometimes i have to restart aircraft 5 times before errors are gone,but shutting it down and restart later to fly the errors are back again and everything repeats itself over and over again.

It is abnormal. Please send it back for check. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-6
Use props
fans32bc4b7e
lvl.1
Australia

Already have and got it back but first time starting it up the errors was back,which means DJi has done nothing to fix it.I contacted them again and send it back yesterday so hope they will test properly before sending back to me.Was just hoping there might be someone else having the same issues as I am very disappointed in DJi service first time as they never fix the problem and now i had to send it back for 2 nd time for the same fault and have to be without it for another 2 weeks.I am using it weekly in my Job and its of most value to me.
Thanks for your help
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans32bc4b7e Posted at 2017-11-7 00:34
Already have and got it back but first time starting it up the errors was back,which means DJi has done nothing to fix it.I contacted them again and send it back yesterday so hope they will test properly before sending back to me.Was just hoping there might be someone else having the same issues as I am very disappointed in DJi service first time as they never fix the problem and now i had to send it back for 2 nd time for the same fault and have to be without it for another 2 weeks.I am using it weekly in my Job and its of most value to me.
Thanks for your help

Sorry for your unpleasant experience. Please provide me the case number or the ticket number so I can track the status for you.
2017-11-7
Use props
fans32bc4b7e
lvl.1
Australia

CAS-1162249-L1H3M8 ,Thanks
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans32bc4b7e Posted at 2017-11-7 17:46
CAS-1162249-L1H3M8 ,Thanks

Thanks for your update. I will track the case's status for you. Please inform us if you encounter any problem.
2017-11-10
Use props
fans32bc4b7e
lvl.1
Australia

Just had a look at Post Office website and it looks like DJI has received my aircraft,can you please let me know what was faulty as I mentioned before the aircraft comes good for a few flights but then errors reappear on screen,even refreshing the software and recalibrate the sensors it only comes good for a few flights but errors comes back again.They have to properly test ( fly and shut down )for at least 10 independant flights before sending back.
Thanks
2017-11-12
Use props
fansff8bba93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 145443 ft
Mexico

fans8a01f6b2 Posted at 2017-11-1 19:43
My dji spark is showing error camera sensor error and forward vision sensor error. And 0×800000 what happen to my spark I don't know.. I have never crashed it.. please tell me what to do.. Because it is brand new .. and I have email to dji care they are saying I have to send drone to them but it is impossible to send drone to them because in India it is restricted to send or receive.. Plz tell me what I have to repair shall I change whole camera gimbal assembly available on many online sites

dear fans8a01f6b2

How did you fix or correct the error in your spark?
Three months ago I bought a spark here in Monterrey, Mexico in a store called Liverpool, where they told me that the guarantee was with DJi, not with them, my Spark did not respond to the RC command and it crashed, when I want to fly, the same screen appears that appeared to you
I contacted DJi USA and they gave me a number here in Mexico to have it repaired but they did not answer the call and they told me they would send me the requirements to repair it but I have three weeks and they do not send me data to send them, you can tell me how did you repair ?? please

Thank you in advance for your response and receive a great greeting

2018-4-1
Use props
fansff8bba93
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-6 23:57
It is abnormal. Please send it back for check. Thanks for your support.

Dear DJI Elektra

I have the same problem
How can I repair or correct this error in my spark?
Three months ago I bought a spark here in Monterrey, Mexico at a store called Liverpool, where they told me that the guarantee was with DJi, not with them, my Spark did not respond to the RC command and it crashed, when I want to fly, the same screen appears .
I contacted DJi USA and they gave me a number here in Mexico to repair it but they answered the call and they told me they would send me the requirements to repair it but I have three weeks and they do not send me data to send them, you can tell me how I can repair?? please

Thank you in advance for your response and receive a great greeting

Joel Puente
2018-4-1
Use props
fansff8bba93
lvl.1
Mexico

Sorry here is te picture

2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, you contacted our support, right? Please tell me the case number for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-1
Use props
JJ53
New
New Zealand

I had the exact same issue!! I have reported it to support, case number 1169640, and I am similarly concerned that support might see it as a user fault, however just as the op the image suddenly froze and I lost connection, had to find the drone using the gps on the map. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
2018-6-2
Use props
SparkYeL
lvl.2

Philippines

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-14 22:22

Hi Diana, I am having some trouble on the same aircraft encoder error and camera sensor error. which live feed on the camera to the phone is missing, but every features works fine, like flying the aircraft manually and other, buti i cant view the images on my phone from the AC. the difference is, i didnt  crashed my  drone. it just went like that after a flight.
2018-8-12
Use props
SparkYeL
lvl.2

Philippines

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-1 22:08
Hi, you contacted our support, right? Please tell me the case number for further check. Thanks for your support.

i have the same issue, but my drone did not crashed as well
2018-8-12
Use props
Greg F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Hope you get up flying soon
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SparkYeL Posted at 2018-8-12 20:33
i have the same issue, but my drone did not crashed as well [view_image]

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. I would recommend restoring the factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your drone using the DJI Assistant 2, however, if this won't work I'm afraid that the drone needs to be in-service for further evaluation. Please see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2018-8-13
Use props
SparkYeL
lvl.2

Philippines

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-13 16:12
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. I would recommend restoring the factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your drone using the DJI Assistant 2, however, if this won't work I'm afraid that the drone needs to be in-service for further evaluation. Please see the link below.

Hi Tony,

i have tried refreshing and factory setting also but still same issue.

is there a possiblility that there is just a lose connection of the gimbal flex communication, since i can control the gimbal. but i cant see the live feed.

another thing is may i know if my drone is still in warranty. my friend who gave this to me bought it last December only... please let me know...
2018-8-13
Use props
SparkYeL
lvl.2

Philippines

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-13 16:12

Hi Tony,

is there a possiblility that there is just a lose connection of the gimbal flex communication, since i can control the gimbal. but i cant see the live feed.

another thing is may i know if my drone is still in warranty. my friend who gave this to me bought it last December only... please let me know...
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SparkYeL Posted at 2018-8-13 17:11
Hi Tony,

Hi, thank you for the updates. If that the case, I would recommend sending the unit to our team for further evaluation. Our warranty will start upon receiving the unit and I would suggest providing the proof of purchase as well so that our team can determine if the drone is within the warranty.
2018-8-14
Use props
Gutolavigne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406716 ft

Brazil

Hello, I had the same issue after a crash.
I decided to open the drone and fix myself and I found this cable broken. Is the cable connected from the camera and gimbal to the mainboard. I had no camera image but the gimbal was fully working.
I ordered a new cable from china and still waiting to fix it.

drone_cabo.jpg drone error.jpg
cabo drone.jpg
cabo drone.jpg
drone_cabo.jpg
2018-9-3
Use props
Gutolavigne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406716 ft

Brazil

Gutolavigne Posted at 2018-9-3 05:25
Hello, I had the same issue after a crash.
I decided to open the drone and fix myself and I found this cable broken. Is the cable connected from the camera and gimbal to the mainboard. I had no camera image but the gimbal was fully working.
I ordered a new cable from china and still waiting to fix it.

Sorry I have difficult to post and my pics repeated
2018-9-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules