Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Immersion question
2241 11 2015-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrinderA10
lvl.1

United States

does the plastic film that covers the immersion RC 5.8GHz video transmitter need to be removed?
2015-3-28
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

No. Do not remove.
2015-3-28
Use props
GrinderA10
lvl.1

United States

i noticed vids that the shrink wrap film was removed.
also the dip switches are under it too
2015-3-28
Use props
GrinderA10
lvl.1

United States

whats the best way to mount the transmitter? is there a better double sided mount tape that is avail?
seems like when the transmitter gets warm the tape use loses grip.
2015-3-28
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

I have seen Velcro used. I read on another forum where someone had removed the plastic from the Tx and wished they hadn't. Maybe cut just the area where the dip switches are. I would think by removing all the plastic you would expose it to possible short issue if something touched it. I actually don't have one yet. I ordered my fpv setup and it should be here Monday. I have looked at a lot of videos regarding the installation and I have not decided how I want to mount it. Let me know how you do it.
Ray
2015-3-28
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

I just shot an email off to the shop I bought my immersionrc Tx from. I'll see what they say about removing the plastic. Nothing in the instructions about it. I guess you could go either way. My initial response was no...but that's just me.
2015-3-28
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

They say "do not remove the plastic". Also stated in the manual.
2015-3-28
Use props
GrinderA10
lvl.1

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-3-29 00:20
They say "do not remove the plastic". Also stated in the manual.

cool thanks for the info Ray. i did remove it and I'm hoping it all goes well. i just used that surgical tape to double up on security. I'm sure there are stronger types of mounting tapes available. heading out for my first flight
2015-3-28
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Great.....can't wait to get mine going.
2015-3-28
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

DO NOT remove the plastic heat shrink.

use industrial velcro to stick the unit AND a zip tie / cable tie as well
2015-3-29
Use props
GrinderA10
lvl.1

United States

would using rubberized shrink tube work to re wrap the unit?
is there a heating issue i might need to know about utilizing this material?
and what does the original shrink wrap do for the unit opposed to not having any at all?
2015-3-29
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

The instructions say it just protects the components from accidental shorting. I got mine all installed and working. At first I used Velcro but the heat softened the adhesive so I found some heat resistant double sided mounting tape and it is holding good. I would think if you have it mounted in a safe place I wouldn't bother covering it back up. It does get pretty warm.
2015-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules