Has anyone tried to fly the Spark using Litchi?
5802 20 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw in my Litchi update that the spark is now supported.... kind of. No waypoints (yet).  I haven't had the chance with all the rain we're having. I will soon. I can't help but wonder if it will make any difference with some of the problems that have been reported.  
2017-8-14
Use props
crypiehef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47707 ft
United States

Iv'e had no issue from DJI Go 4 app OR Litchi. Advertised features work fine in the Litchi app so far. Have flown with the App a handful of times now.
2017-8-15
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

crypiehef Posted at 2017-8-15 08:15
Iv'e had no issue from DJI Go 4 app OR Litchi. Advertised features work fine in the Litchi app so far. Have flown with the App a handful of times now.

What are the differences from Litch to DJIGo?

I say, why should I use Litchi (at leats when it does not has WayPoints)? There are added option? Flight modes? Reliability?
2017-8-15
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2017-8-15 08:39
What are the differences from Litch to DJIGo?

I say, why should I use Litchi (at leats when it does not has WayPoints)? There are added option? Flight modes? Reliability?

Some have reported control disconnects. I'm wondering if Litchi would be any different. I already have the app, I wouldn't buy it just for the SPARK (until waypoints are added). The update notes say; no waypoints at this time - which I read to mean it will be added at some point.
2017-8-15
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Big advantage of Litchi is that it has a VR mode so you can use goggles other the DJI.
2017-8-15
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

I have been having interference issues with DJIgo. no issues with Litchi. The only short coming I find is the lack of dronie/circle/helix/rocket ...but its a crap shoot if they ever work anyway....
2017-8-15
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, litchi works great!
2017-8-15
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-8-15 08:51
Some have reported control disconnects. I'm wondering if Litchi would be any different. I already have the app, I wouldn't buy it just for the SPARK (until waypoints are added). The update notes say; no waypoints at this time - which I read to mean it will be added at some point.

Waypoints with the Spark!? Are you only planning on plotting around your house with the limited battery life!?
2017-8-15
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-8-15 11:21
Big advantage of Litchi is that it has a VR mode so you can use goggles other the DJI.

That would bring a whole new dimension to sport mode!
2017-8-16
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-8-15 11:55
I have been having interference issues with DJIgo. no issues with Litchi. The only short coming I find is the lack of dronie/circle/helix/rocket ...but its a crap shoot if they ever work anyway....

Thanks, this is what I was wondering. I hope to try it soon.
2017-8-16
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JoeCec Posted at 2017-8-15 13:50
Waypoints with the Spark!? Are you only planning on plotting around your house with the limited battery life!?

I've set up missions on my P3 that have gone quite a distance and only lasted 6 minutes or less. You'd be surprised how far a drone can go in a very short amount of time.  However, I would first set up a very small mission IF/WHEN waypoints ever become available for the spark.  As Litchi uses gps to position the drone, even if RC connection is lost, it may be a good way to use the spark. Perhaps we'll see.

I don't know how it would work out with only a 2 axis gimbal, but it would be interesting.
2017-8-16
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
United States

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-8-16 06:17
That would bring a whole new dimension to sport mode!

This is VERY cool and even a bit disorienting until you get use to it.

I let others wear the Homido goggles I have with my iphone 7 plus and I drive the bird.....put it in sport mode..makes sure they are sitting down
2017-8-16
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I finally had a chance to use Litchi with my Spark. It seems very stable. I like the 'auto record' on take-off (I've always liked that).  I haven't had a disconnection issue with the go4 app, so I can't say there's an improvement, but I wouldn't hesitate to use it.
2017-8-18
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
United States

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-8-18 05:30
I finally had a chance to use Litchi with my Spark. It seems very stable. I like the 'auto record' on take-off (I've always liked that).  I haven't had a disconnection issue with the go4 app, so I can't say there's an improvement, but I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

do the VR thang....get some google cardboard goggles if you arent looking to invest a ton of $$

its great. you can get a pair cheaper than what you paid for Litchi ;)
2017-8-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I will definitely look into Litchi when they add 25fps shooting and I 'can' buy the Spark!
2017-8-18
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-8-18 05:59
do the VR thang....get some google cardboard goggles if you arent looking to invest a ton of $$

its great. you can get a pair cheaper than what you paid for Litchi ;)

yeah, I have an FPV headset that uses the phone for a screen. I've used it before, but not with the spark yet. I'm still nervous to fly it very far, or  high..... or fast to be honest.  It hasn't been more than 5 feet off the ground or more than 100 feet from me yet!   And it's always over grass!   There are just too many stories of bad stuff happening.  As time goes by and I continue to have no issues, I'll open it up more.  :-)
2017-8-21
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

Until a waypoint feature is working, no reason for me at least to use.
2017-8-21
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204094 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had nothing but problems with Litchi.  I have 2 Android devices and both of them get sluggish.  The flight starts out ok, and about half way through the app is either delayed by minutes (not seconds) or stops responding at all.  It's driving me crazy! I've been trying to do a quick video on Litchi for Spark, as a follow up to one I did when it was in Beta.  But, I can't get through 1 flight without it freezing up.

As far as Litchi benefits when it does work.  
VR Mode with Up/Down head tracking (device tilt) camera movement.
More photo panorama options like 360
Course Lock
Home Lock
Tripod mode
There's probably some others I am missing.

Orbit and Waypoints are not available at this time.
2017-8-21
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SteelTallon Posted at 2017-8-21 07:35
I've had nothing but problems with Litchi.  I have 2 Android devices and both of them get sluggish.  The flight starts out ok, and about half way through the app is either delayed by minutes (not seconds) or stops responding at all.  It's driving me crazy! I've been trying to do a quick video on Litchi for Spark, as a follow up to one I did when it was in Beta.  But, I can't get through 1 flight without it freezing up.

As far as Litchi benefits when it does work.  

Hmmmm.  I'm on an IOS device and have never had a problem with Litchi (I've used it on 3 different UAVs).  I don't know...
2017-8-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-8-24 08:43
Hmmmm.  I'm on an IOS device and have never had a problem with Litchi (I've used it on 3 different UAVs).  I don't know...

I am sure going to try it out when I buy my Spark.
2017-8-24
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

Been trying a few things with Litchi and Spark. Since the firmware updates yesterday, seems better. Still had 2 app crashes in Focus using an iPad 3 and RC.

Here's something I found VERY handy: Start up in Litchi, let the RC connect, etc. Then you can Palm Launch the Spark, then engage Focus, do your flight/pics, then disengage Focus. Have the bird back fairly close and pointed at you, then give it the Hand Gesture/Follow Me arms (Vee). It will blink and turn to green lights showing you have it. Lower your arms, wait a few seconds, then repeat the V gesture and it will return to you for a Palm Landing! VERY handy when you don't have a great takeoff or landing spot!
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules