Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Gulfstream Posted at 2017-8-15 16:19
I don't know anyone here, but it IS an interesting conversation. But hallmark007 - I think you sir, are dead wrong in your position - period. I fly commercially as well and I can assure you that 85% of the clients I fly for have NO desire whatsoever to have the data from my flight for them stored on servers in China, or any place else for that matter, that they do NOT have control of.

May I just point out the current "hacking" that is going on with HBO/Game of Thrones? Do you think your clients would want to be in that situation? Mine certainly don't, but your responses are very entertaining I must say!

Hi Gulfstream, your very welcome to the deep end, but I must first point you to my post number 27 , regarding commercial customers and there confidentiality, if you take the time to read this before you comment, you will clearly read no customers data is stored in China.
2017-8-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dronist Posted at 2017-8-15 16:21
You are still my buddy...

I am not talking about DJI stealing my credit card. I am referring to your idea of not caring who snoops on you or for what.

"I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you.”
2017-8-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

So after reading some of the stuff here, would an ipad (non wifi) dedicated just for flying drones (one app only) would be safer?
2017-8-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-15 12:28
This is crazy! Redhotpoker, have you seen the posts about the "packet-capture" app also? I am going to check it out too.

No, Packet-Capture sounds like a prison gaol yard game!! Haha

Post your thoughts about it.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dronist Posted at 2017-8-15 16:22
I second that but also even if someone like Hall is contracted as a third party, he . she is the one who is flying and taking the picture and videos so guess what if anything happened they will come after that person too.

They are not my aircraft they belong to the company, my job is to survey wind turbines it's quite boring, Apart from occasionally going offshore i take 100% responsibility for flying the AC safely I take thousands of photographs which are presented to programmers to conclude survey, it's my job to insure AC is safe for flying and to fly it safely in the location I'm flying in.
2017-8-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-8-15 12:37
Not sure that list means much without an explanation of what they all are.

At a guess flysafe-api.dji.com is where it gets the NFZ information.

Yes some are quite clearly like a window pane.

While others are not as transparent, more muddy,

RedHotPoker
2017-8-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-15 17:07
They are not my aircraft they belong to the company, my job is to survey wind turbines it's quite boring, Apart from occasionally going offshore i take 100% responsibility for flying the AC safely I take thousands of photographs which are presented to programmers to conclude survey, it's my job to insure AC is safe for flying and to fly it safely in the location I'm flying in.

Then you are off the hook and I don't know about boring, especially when you are out there in the ocean, like they say in here, "you have a million dollar view"!

2017-8-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-15 16:45
"I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you.”

Just messing with you man!
2017-8-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-8-15 17:03
So after reading some of the stuff here, would an ipad (non wifi) dedicated just for flying drones (one app only) would be safer?

Yuper, you are good to fly!
2017-8-15
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-8-15 15:31
But DJI have already told us what they do and don't collect and they repeated it in todays press release:

As Dronist summed it up!

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

I'll wait and see if Dronist can get us a copy of the CS  agreement.

2017-8-15
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-8-15 16:28
Again fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me. That is NOT what the recent CS agreement states, they share all data with any third party, police, etc. I got mine last week, I'll see if i can go back and print it out or take picture of it.

Again, when they say TRUST ME, that is where the buck stop!

Concur. Until the CS / T&C changes in writing, the PR Post means nothing.
2017-8-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-8-15 17:37
Yuper, you are good to fly!

Good to know since this is how I have been flying 90% of the time.

Thanks Bud,
2017-8-15
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-15 10:21
Fly with your device in Airplane mode to remove some of that intrusiveness.

I always do that so I don't get phone calls when flying my done.
2017-8-15
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

dronist Posted at 2017-8-15 16:28
Again fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me. That is NOT what the recent CS agreement states, they share all data with any third party, police, etc. I got mine last week, I'll see if i can go back and print it out or take picture of it.

Again, when they say TRUST ME, that is where the buck stop!

Simple really.  Most people use social media and forums.  I'm sure if you googled blackcrusader you could find out who I am and maybe what I do. I own a teleport and shift broadcast content to broadcasters and sports media rights holders and other clients.  Do do this I also have my own fiber exchange in my facility.

If you have a credit card companies already have your data. If you have a loan of any type companies have your data. If you post on social media companies have your data.  I don't give a rats arse if DJI has data from my flights.  If the people in China don't know where Taiwan is by now how will they ever launch an invasion?  I'm sure they could bomb the crap out of my mountains.

I live in a country where ID cards are required to be carried on your person. The government has my data. Any membership card you sign up for has your data.
The world lives on data being exchanged.  
2017-8-15
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-8-15 15:31
But DJI have already told us what they do and don't collect and they repeated it in todays press release:

As Dronist summed it up!

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I'll wait and see if Dronist can get us a copy of the CS  agreement.

2017-8-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-8-15 18:28
Simple really.  Most people use social media and forums.  I'm sure if you googled blackcrusader you could find out who I am and maybe what I do. I own a teleport and shift broadcast content to broadcasters and sports media rights holders and other clients.  Do do this I also have my own fiber exchange in my facility.

If you have a credit card companies already have your data. If you have a loan of any type companies have your data. If you post on social media companies have your data.  I don't give a rats arse if DJI has data from my flights.  If the people in China don't know where Taiwan is by now how will they ever launch an invasion?  I'm sure they could bomb the crap out of my mountains.

Sounds like you are no longer holding any more personal privacy. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-8-15
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-15 17:09
Yes some are quite clearly like a window pane.

While others are not as transparent, more muddy,

Most of them are either obviously DJI services or explained in the DJI privacy policy:
http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news ... er-data-and-privacy
http://www.dji.com/policy

EG: "We use Flurry by Yahoo! to collect and process certain analytics data; Flurry provides some additional privacy options described at https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo."

If you don't like people using analytics data then you should never connect to the internet or phone system.

When it comes to providing information to the authorities, obviously they have to comply with the law.  If you unlock a NFZ then a record will be kept which they may pass on if required to do so by law, but that still doesn't mean that they are will provide flight data unless you have chosen to upload it to their servers: "Unless a customer has chosen to sync flight data via the DJI GO app or sent the aircraft back to DJI, we would have no flight data to provide.", "When you fly a DJI drone, nobody but you can see the live video feed or the recorded video it generates — unless you decide otherwise".

2017-8-16
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-8-15 18:07
Good to know since this is how I have been flying 90% of the time.

Thanks Bud,

UR welcome! but try to make it 100% instead
2017-8-16
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gulfstream Posted at 2017-8-15 18:01
Concur. Until the CS / T&C changes in writing, the PR Post means nothing.

I am with you bro!
2017-8-16
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-8-15 18:28

Again here you are missing the point.

Credit card company, loan company etc. I GAVE THEM my information and my permission and they are legally bound to protect it under US laws or they will pay dearly if anything happens.

The difference here is DJI is doing all of that WITHOUT MY PERMISSION and behind our backs until we discovered what they were doing and they started with a fumbled PR.

Again, it is your CHOICE to do what you want but DON'T minimize our concerns and DON'T force your choice onto US as I am NOT forcing my choice on to you.

It is that simple...

2017-8-16
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-8-15 08:06
Hall,

We talked about this long time ago and I remember you were one of the people saying that it is all rubbish, conspiracy theories etc... and that DJI doesn't collect information or store information.

You say you are security conscious and don't want anyone to have your data, yet you participate on public forums where you are doing just that.  For example, I know you drive a black Mercedes, own 4 Phantoms, a Mavic, an Osmo, use a CrystalSky and fly at Myrtle Beach.  All that with 1 minute of research.  Any other info you were hoping to keep private?
2017-8-16
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

endotherm Posted at 2017-8-16 06:55
You say you are security conscious and don't want anyone to have your data, yet you participate on public forums where you are doing just that.  For example, I know you drive a black Mercedes, own 4 Phantoms, a Mavic, an Osmo, use a CrystalSky and fly at Myrtle Beach.  All that with 1 minute of research.  Any other info you were hoping to keep private?

Please read the post above... He wants to have the choice...

His posts on a public forum are his choice...

And for all anyone knows, the profile you built of him could all be disinformation...
2017-8-16
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

st pauli Posted at 2017-8-16 07:38

What would you know, you're just a balloon

My point which seems to have been missed is that it doesn't really matter how hard you try, there are many ways of extracting personal data if you are so inclined.  Even for a super-spy like dronist protecting national security, while commenting on a public message board about the weather at Myrtle Beach and what a good spot it is.  I'm not denying his choice to be paranoid.  Just pointing out the contradiction and futility.

Also, we Aussies tend to serve up a large slice of sarcasm when making a point. ...or am I an Aussie?...

Sometimes it gets missed by international readers.  I don't think there is a smiley for that.
2017-8-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

endotherm Posted at 2017-8-16 08:18

My point which seems to have been missed is that it doesn't really matter how hard you try, there are many ways of extracting personal data if you are so inclined.  Even for a super-spy like dronist protecting national security, while commenting on a public message board about the weather at Myrtle Beach and what a good spot it is.  I'm not denying his choice to be paranoid.  Just pointing out the contradiction and futility.

"What would you know, you're just a balloon "

That was a bit Ruff, you'll be saying next that I'm a K9

I think if 'they' (being anybody with the means to do so) wish to gather data then they will, and we will likely be the last to know about it.
2017-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-16 08:46
"What would you know, you're just a balloon "

That was a bit Ruff, you'll be saying next that I'm a K9

Old Bitch comes to mind. Lol
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Check out the official forum thread about this here:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=108984
2017-8-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-16 09:03
Old Bitch comes to mind. Lol

Just as well I've got a thick coat ;-)
2017-8-16
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

"Even for a super-spy like dronist protecting national security, while commenting on a public message board about the weather at Myrtle Beach and what a good spot it is.  I'm not denying his choice to be paranoid.  Just pointing out the contradiction and futility."

Note that he is in France today, so don't expect a Myrtle Beach weather report today !
2017-8-16
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-8-16 09:12
"Even for a super-spy like dronist protecting national security, while commenting on a public message board about the weather at Myrtle Beach and what a good spot it is.  I'm not denying his choice to be paranoid.  Just pointing out the contradiction and futility."

Note that he is in France today, so don't expect a Myrtle Beach weather report today !

You seem to fail to understand the very obvious difference in having the ability to choose what personal information is shared vs having that information collected with no means to review edit or delete it.
2017-8-16
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

So because other corporations are spying on us and collecting data on us without permission we should just accept that DJI is doing it as well. I like to stand up for what I believe in regardless of what someone else is doing. If you are so easily persuaded to give up your basic rights of privacy then thats your choice but dont expect others to be so easily manipulated.
2017-8-16
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Fractures Posted at 2017-8-16 09:29
You seem to fail to understand the very obvious difference in having the ability to choose what personal information is shared vs having that information collected with no means to review edit or delete it.

Are you suggesting that you have the ability to choose if your current location is displayed below your avatar every time you post on this forum, thus allowing everybody to track your movements?   I've never found an option to remove it...
2017-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fractures Posted at 2017-8-16 09:34
So because some other corporations are spying on you and collecting data on you without permission we should just accept that DJI is doing it as well. I like to stand up for what I believe in regardless of what someone else is doing. If you are so easily persuaded to give up your basic rights of privacy then thats your choice but dont expect others to be so easily manipulated.

We all had the option to not sync flights thus not allowing dji to have any information regarding our flights, we were in full control of this.
It's been explained why dji collected some information regarding maps geo systems NFZ you can choose to believe the statement issued or not, and I believe most do except it.
Dji are also putting in place more safety measures to protect their customers privacy and data, you can choose to believe this or not, you can see it as a positive move or not,
But there will come a time when you will have to say what you want and not continually telling us what you don't want.
2017-8-16
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
India

Sky Tiger Posted at 2017-8-16 12:46
I don't have electronic appliances moron. How old are you, ten?

Real intellect?

"I don't have electronic appliances"

May I ask which cave do you live in?

2017-8-16
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
India

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-8-16 09:48
Are you suggesting that you have the ability to choose if your current location is displayed below your avatar every time you post on this forum, thus allowing everybody to track your movements?   I've never found an option to remove it...

Is this a serious question? Or are you acting dumb?

I thought from all of your postings you really would know everything about security and tracking?

I must be wrong! I do apologize!
2017-8-16
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
India

Fractures Posted at 2017-8-16 09:34
So because other corporations are spying on us and collecting data on us without permission we should just accept that DJI is doing it as well. I like to stand up for what I believe in regardless of what someone else is doing. If you are so easily persuaded to give up your basic rights of privacy then thats your choice but dont expect others to be so easily manipulated.

He still doen't understand the scope of the issue between having a choice or NOT!

Just read his answer to Dronist about his canning ability to track him in one minute!  

This guy has some scary world class tracking ability. Am sure he had Joey's milk when he was a toddler!

Just being sarcastic "END OF THERM",  me serving a HUGE slice of sarcasm when making a useless point... or am I an Aussie Idiot?...

2017-8-16
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Fractures Posted at 2017-8-16 09:29

I second that!

2017-8-16
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

“Pestilences extinguished, the world becomes smaller, for a long time the lands will be inhabited peacefully. People will travel safely through the sky (over) land and seas: then wars will start up again.
Nostradamus.   
2017-8-16
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-16 09:08
Just as well I've got a thick coat ;-)

Actually a beautiful thick coat and I might add you don't look older then 10!  in dog year!
2017-8-16
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

st pauli Posted at 2017-8-16 07:38

His reading comprehension is kind of low! You know Australia being down under...

Just serving a huge slice of American sarcasm... or Am I an American  

2017-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

timnwcove Posted at 2017-8-16 13:48
“Pestilences extinguished, the world becomes smaller, for a long time the lands will be inhabited peacefully. People will travel safely through the sky (over) land and seas: then wars will start up again.
Nostradamus.

In 1934 the London Town council had decided that by 1952 the streets of London would be covered in horse sh*t nobody thought the automobile would take off.
2017-8-16
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules