Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark fell from the sky No warranty, no data
4682 70 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
only1stefang
New
Flight distance : 592073 ft
Portugal

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-19 06:42
There's still time for yours to fall dead from the sky. Don't be so quick to put it down to human error.

i have flown helicopters aircraft and drones for years and never had one fall from the sky. the problem is most people ignore warning signs of an error like messages or something unusual with the flight that might indicate something is not right
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

SuperCurro Posted at 2017-8-19 06:24
Of course, it is not the same case. One case is when the spark during the flight turn it off (or we think so because is very difficult recover that unit) and my case is an over tilt that caused the stop propellers when you press pause button.

But, the log is the same (nothing) and the DJI answer is the same "we are sorry but you pay". Even in my case that is everything recorded, with both logs, and with minimal damages they say NO, no data so you pay.

I have checked your case again, SuperCurro, I saw the process is slow, I'd like to escalate it. If you could upload the data to the Dropbox, then provide me a link to download them, I'll forward it to our HQ engineers directly for analysis.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Chema_po Posted at 2017-8-18 07:06
I have the same issue!! .. my spark flies  away under gesture mode for a selfie.  DJU support in NL after analyzing black box data and flight logs says NO CRASH EVENT !! ..NO WARRANTY! ... Its shameful . THIS IS NOT A WORLD CLASS COMPANY! ..only a chinese based with zero respect to consumer.

Please provide us with your case number, I'd like to look into it for you.
2017-8-20
Use props
user0abb2d79fa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 600722 ft
  • >>>
United States

how did you download this data in DJI assistant 2?
2017-8-20
Use props
vbgrim
lvl.1
United States

SuperCurro Posted at 2017-8-17 22:51
This is the result at the moment:

Time to determinate that the gimbal and the inside fan was "damage" and the client have to pay it: 3 hours.

THREE HOURS?  You could build one from parts in less than 30 minutes!
2017-8-20
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2357828 ft
Spain

only1stefang Posted at 2017-8-19 06:47
just to add i noticed a few things 1st was you got a battery warning and carryed on flying for another min i would have bought it back straight away and landed warnings are there for a reason . and i also noticed a few compass errors again i would have bought it back and landed as this would have rang alarm bells for me. i also noticed you were flying close to big ships which have strong radar which can interfear with the on board computer system with the phantom not always but somtimes i have had it with my p3pro but i bring it in straight away and land it to avoid any accidents.

Well, you have to understand that I was in a test environment, 10-20 meter far away and flying in a restricted area (no people) 2 meters high to avoid any accident. I can take land in less than 10 seconds anywhere o just take the spark with on the palm. I'm not crazy, but I prefer to know if the spark works well before have a real problem. When I usually fly I return to my area (less than 20 meters) with more than 20% of battery.

The compass error doesn’t appear on the screen when you are flying, only in the logs, so no, There is not warning messages about that.

And yes, lost signal is a problem always, but not 20 meters far away. And we should trust in RTH or not? As far as I read there are a lot of cases of flyaway with the Home position verified... so better if you are in range.

And press pause button in my opinion is not a pilot error. Try to explain to the customers when their spark turn off during a flight is a pilot error... for sure there will not understand. I had read a lot about problems and I went to my safety environment to check everything. Except for the pause button and the range of RC Wife, everything was well. But now because it cannot be explain why the fan is broken or the spark crash is my fault?
2017-8-20
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-20 01:44
I have checked your case again, SuperCurro, I saw the process is slow, I'd like to escalate it. If you could upload the data to the Dropbox, then provide me a link to download them, I'll forward it to our HQ engineers directly for analysis.

Thanks Diana

I left you all in the link, please see your MP inbox.

And yes, 2-3 hour (from arrive the box the send me the report) to check that the spark is damage and now one week to see that when you press pause button the spark stop propellers.... Is not so complicate.

The crash could explain why the gimbal screws are not tight, (I don’t understand but) what I see no relation with the inside fan... and the unit is new, only a few hours flying.

Please I would like to have the spark for the rest of my vacations (1 week more), I have lost 2 weeks and I'm not happy with the experience.

Regards
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

SuperCurro Posted at 2017-8-20 22:49
Thanks Diana

I left you all in the link, please see your MP inbox.

Sorry for the trouble you have been caused, I've forwarded it to our HQ engineers and escalated this case, will do our best to get it sorted out shortly, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-20
Use props
Chema_po
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92 ft
Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-20 01:46
Please provide us with your case number, I'd like to look into it for you.

More info and case number:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-109437-1-1.html

Diana, for sure im very disappointed with DJI, im not a novice, this is my 2th DJI (Phantom 2 Vision + since 2014), i had never a serious incident with them. And now, in the 2th day of use this new spark technology makes that strange behavior  and to make matters worse DJI Support verdict: NO CRASH LOGGED ..No DJI  responsability !!! ..   
2017-8-21
Use props
Chema_po
lvl.1
Spain

SuperCurro Posted at 2017-8-19 06:24
Of course, it is not the same case. One case is when the spark during the flight turn it off (or we think so because is very difficult recover that unit) and my case is an over tilt that caused the stop propellers when you press pause button.

But, the log is the same (nothing) and the DJI answer is the same "we are sorry but you pay". Even in my case that is everything recorded, with both logs, and with minimal damages they say NO, no data so you pay.

Supercurro, imagine my case ... 2 days old spark .. taking off from my hand for a selfie and dron flies away 5-6m until propeller smashes against a pipe. DJI Support decision flow and verdict: no log, no crash, no responsability, no warranty: 120€ quotation.

No crash but 2 motors damaged ? .. uhmm ...hears strange, or not?.
2017-8-21
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.2
Spain

Chema_po Posted at 2017-8-21 06:45
Supercurro, imagine my case ... 2 days old spark .. taking off from my hand for a selfie and dron flies away 5-6m until propeller smashes against a pipe. DJI Support decision flow and verdict: no log, no crash, no responsability, no warranty: 120€ quotation.

No crash but 2 motors damaged ? .. uhmm ...hears strange, or not?.

I'm in the same case, the 1st day fly indoors without problem, 2º day fly outdoors, press pause button and crashed... No data log so no warranty, (only 60 €), the video, the logs, I have everything but they say they are not responsible of, I could understand the damage in the gimbal, but the internal fan????

So I'm very disappointed, it is evident that DJI doesn’t offer any kind of warranty, If you consider also the fallings down like a brick... this is bad for DJI trade.
2017-8-22
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-20 23:35
Sorry for the trouble you have been caused, I've forwarded it to our HQ engineers and escalated this case, will do our best to get it sorted out shortly, appreciate your patience.

Diana

2 days ago, no news? What else do you need?

I would like to enjoy the Spark during my holidays, I think is easy to understand.

Thanks
2017-8-22
Use props
Chema_po
lvl.1
Spain

SuperCurro Posted at 2017-8-22 00:33
I'm in the same case, the 1st day fly indoors without problem, 2º day fly outdoors, press pause button and crashed... No data log so no warranty, (only 60 €), the video, the logs, I have everything but they say they are not responsible of, I could understand the damage in the gimbal, but the internal fan????

So I'm very disappointed, it is evident that DJI doesn’t offer any kind of warranty, If you consider also the fallings down like a brick... this is bad for DJI trade.

refused the budget  im going further with a file complaint to the Consumer Advocaty Services here in Spain. 799€ in a black hole but my rights as consumer are been trampled. We should not allow these practices in our markets (EU)  after what has been fought for the rights of consumers there.
2017-8-22
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.2
Spain

A new email.....

Dear Customer,

DJI kindly remind you that you still have a repair invoice for your 晓 SPARK with an amount of 59.29. Your case No. is:

CAS-xxxxxxx-yyyyyy

Please use the link below to submit your payment.

Oh... still asking for money.

Another week and no answer from technical department.
2017-8-23
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.2
Spain

GOOD NEWS!!!

QUOTE:       

Dear DJI User,

After testing and diagnosing your product, DJI will provide you with the free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished in 2 to 3 working days, then the product will be sent back to you. Thank you for choosing DJI.

Proforma Invoice

Customer:        Francisco        Case No:        CAS-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
DJI Care Balance:        0.00(EUR)        Quotation Date:        2017/8/24
VAT-NO:                Tax included:        Yes
Ship To:       
Invoice To:       
Remark:        【App record GMT +8 23/7/2017 17:01:02】 1)The GPS signal was strong. 2)And pilot used Sport mode, at the end , while pilot was pushing pitch stick forward, the record stopped at 6:37, h=0m, d=4m and the aircraft dropped. Conclusion: Not pilot fault, suggest free RMA.
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Thank you for your update, hope you can get it back soon.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Chema_po Posted at 2017-8-21 06:28
More info and case number:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-109437-1-1.html

Sorry, Chema, I am not able to open this link for some reason, could you please provide me the case number directly?
1.png
2017-8-24
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

That's great. I'll see what happens to mine
2017-8-24
Use props
Chema_po
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-24 01:44
Sorry, Chema, I am not able to open this link for some reason, could you please provide me the case number directly?

Sure ..
CASE: 849067-H0D8G5
2017-8-24
Use props
Chema_po
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-24 01:44

Diana, as i have reported, my issue was after a PalmLaunch with a successful FaceAware. Spark dont falls, simply fly away with fly path parallel to the front of my house (sideways, with cam focusing facade). Crush ocurred when the front left propeller meshes against a house pipe.  
I also have reported that i suspect that the facade colour (slightly orange) has anything to do with the described phenomenon.

CASE: 849067-H0D8G5
2017-8-24
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.2
Spain

My spark is comming home!!

But this no make sense at all... the fan is broken and because there is no data in the log they warranty doesnt cover it..¿¿¿ ??? Please can someone explain it to me?

And now we have a force update because the sparks falls from the air, but the people that has lost their spark in the water o destroy because the fell  the warranty doesnt cover it. I dont agree!!
2017-8-24
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

SuperCurro Posted at 2017-8-24 07:48

But this no make sense at all... the fan is broken and because there is no data in the log they warranty doesnt cover it..¿¿¿  ??? Please can someone explain it to me?

Well, some of us (me) are only assuming that the update addresses drops and fly-aways.  DJI has made no statement confirming this assumption.  The closest DJI has come is by calling this an update for "Flight Safety", but has not expressed the specific "safety" issues which are being addressed.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Chema_po Posted at 2017-8-24 05:40
Diana, as i have reported, my issue was after a PalmLaunch with a successful FaceAware. Spark dont falls, simply fly away with fly path parallel to the front of my house (sideways, with cam focusing facade). Crush ocurred when the front left propeller meshes against a house pipe.  
I also have reported that i suspect that the facade colour (slightly orange) has anything to do with the described phenomenon.

Sorry for this, just checked this case, no crash has been found in the provided files, I've checked the Dropbox link, I didn't find the flight record. If it is possible, could you please provide me with the flight log of this flight?  Then I'll be able to forward it to our engineers to review this case.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

But this no make sense at all... the fan is broken and because there is no data in the log they warranty doesnt cover it..¿¿¿  ??? Please can someone explain it to me?

We've reviewed the data you provided, this case has been covered by warranty. The latest firmware optimized the performance of the drone, please upgrade it before 1st Sep. For the details, please visit: http://forum.dji.com/thread-109740-1-1.html
2017-8-25
Use props
Chema_po
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-24 23:54
Sorry for this, just checked this case, no crash has been found in the provided files, I've checked the Dropbox link, I didn't find the flight record. If it is possible, could you please provide me with the flight log of this flight?  Then I'll be able to forward it to our engineers to review this case.

Flight log? ..from where? .. the only available data is in the blackbox of the dron.  No DJI GO app needed for gesture control under Palmlaunch - FaceAware! , so DJI GO no recorded this session.

All available data from DJI GO has been syncronized to my DJI account.

I only have 2 neighbors and my son as witnesses of what happened. By the way, one of them almost fell on his head.
2017-8-25
Use props
Chema_po
lvl.1
Spain

Congratulations! ..and hope no more fell issues
2017-8-25
Use props
Chema_po
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-24 23:54

Diana,
if DJI definetely deny repair under warranty, please transmit order to resend aircraft unrepaired ASAP.

A lot of thanks for your intervention.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Chema_po Posted at 2017-8-25 04:07
Flight log? ..from where? .. the only available data is in the blackbox of the dron.  No DJI GO app needed for gesture control under Palmlaunch - FaceAware! , so DJI GO no recorded this session.

All available data from DJI GO has been syncronized to my DJI account.

OK. I've forwarded this case to our appropriate team to look into it, will have someone contact you soon. Hope it can be sorted out shortly, sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.
2017-8-28
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.2
Spain

My spark is at home!... well it is a new unit, new dron, new gimbal, new wifi, old firmware... I understand nothing.
2017-8-29
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SuperCurro Posted at 2017-8-29 03:43
My spark is at home!... well it is a new unit, new dron, new gimbal, new wifi, old firmware... I understand nothing.

What don't you understand  ? you got a warranty replacement
2017-8-29
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.2
Spain

lannes Posted at 2017-8-29 04:44
What don't you understand  ? you got a warranty replacement

1st they ask me 50 € to replace the fan and tight the gimbal and now DJI replace the dron because the fan make noise?  Yes good for me but It doesnt make sense.

Ok, ok:  don't worry be happy , let's close this thread, forget the last 4 weeks and go to fly.
2017-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules