I try to calibrate gimbal and IMU but it can't fix

How anyone can fix this?
20170815_181205.jpg
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

When did this issue start? Did anything happen before, like hard landing or crash? Try to push the gimbal to the right side gently for several times when the drone is off, then power on the drone, calibrate the gimbal, see if it works.
2017-8-16
Use props
Princekun
New
Thailand

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-16 00:19
When did this issue start? Did anything happen before, like hard landing or crash? Try to push the gimbal to the right side gently for several times when the drone is off, then power on the drone, calibrate the gimbal, see if it works.

it happens after crash (fall form table)
at first i think yaw motor was malfunction and replace it already but it won't fix
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Princekun Posted at 2017-8-16 02:14
it happens after crash (fall form table)
at first i think yaw motor was malfunction and replace it already but it won't fix

Sorry for the crash, looks like a hardware problem, to ensure the safety and performance, we'd recommend you to send it in for evaluation and get it repaired by engineers.  http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-16
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Sit the p4 where its standing up on the back 2 motors and the end of the arms with the camera facing up. It will stand up like that by itself. Once its standing up do a gimbal calibration. That should re-center the camera.
2017-8-16
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Like this......
2017-8-16
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-16 09:12
Like this......

Sorry, like this

20170816_130420.jpg
20170816_130420.jpg
2017-8-16
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

you can also go into the app and reset manually I just did mine last week wasn't as severe as yours, but still worth a try it somewhere by gimbal calibration cant remember what it is called tho.
2017-8-16
Use props
Princekun
New
Thailand

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-16 08:58
Sit the p4 where its standing up on the back 2 motors and the end of the arms with the camera facing up. It will stand up like that by itself. Once its standing up do a gimbal calibration. That should re-center the camera.

thanks for advice, sir
but it's still off center
2017-8-16
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Princekun Posted at 2017-8-16 12:10
thanks for advice, sir
but it's still off center

It didnt help at all? It may take a coule of trys. An imu calibration might help as well. Have you tried adjusting it with the app? The new go4 app has a utility to manualy center the camera if  I understand correctly.
2017-8-16
Use props
fansb5a8fce5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7516 ft

Australia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-16 19:44
It didnt help at all? It may take a coule of trys. An imu calibration might help as well. Have you tried adjusting it with the app? The new go4 app has a utility to manualy center the camera if  I understand correctly.

I too have a Yaw error.  When I use the manual gimbal calibration the roll calibration works fine and allows me to enter offset values so the horizon is horizontal.
When I try to do the same to correct a small Yaw error then it won't allow me to enter any offset values.

If it was a Yaw motor failure the software would still allow me to enter offset values.
Also when I do an auto gimbal calibration the camera is supposed to swing from side to side to find the mechanical end points.  It does not do this.

Has the new firmware forgotten about Yaw on the P4's ?
2017-8-17
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

fansb5a8fce5 Posted at 2017-8-17 00:12
I too have a Yaw error.  When I use the manual gimbal calibration the roll calibration works fine and allows me to enter offset values so the horizon is horizontal.
When I try to do the same to correct a small Yaw error then it won't allow me to enter any offset values.

Everything about the new firmware is jacked up. You need to roll it back using the 3rd party app. Its been well over a month and dji has mode no effort to resolve the issue and I dont think they will be resolving the issue. You can go to the phantompilots forum and get the rollback info in the p4 wsection.
2017-8-17
Use props
Laga
New
Indonesia

i have the same error with my P4A... the gimbal is not center..slightly oblique couple degrees to the right, not like Princekun's error..but it's more like teh gimbal facing to the right couple degrees
after i try to sit the p4 where its standing up on the back 2 motors and the end of the arms with the camera facing up, the gimbal is now off center and slightly degrees to the left

i have updated my DJI Go app, have the latest firmware also. In the Go app, the "Gimbal yaw tuning" feature doesn't work

hopeless
2017-8-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. I'm coming in late on this, but hey...
There have been many discussions on an "off centre camera" which have been resolved using a slight deviation from the calibration process. I looked for an old thread but ran out of time.

DJI Natalia originally posted the solution, which is typically caused by a hard knock in transit (or a fall off a table, perhaps). It's all about reseating the ring seal at the base of the gimbal. You had to manually turn the gimbal repeatedly (carefully) to the other side, then calibrate with one step being to put it onto it's rear motors looking straight up (like Duchunter proposed, but that was just one stage). I don't recall it being an IMU calibration or a gimbal calibration (which makes more sense).

I suggest you search on those key words, and look for Natalia's intervention.
2017-8-21
Use props
Jebtir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1126516 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I also have this problem. I had to change the yaw motor and after the change my gimbal gets tilted. Does somebody have a solution?
2017-10-27
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Jebtir Posted at 2017-10-27 08:06
I also have this problem. I had to change the yaw motor and after the change my gimbal gets tilted. Does somebody have a solution?

Yes, try manually tune the yaw position. Go to gimbal settings and adjust it to the center
2017-11-1
Use props
Jebtir
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-1 09:52
Yes, try manually tune the yaw position. Go to gimbal settings and adjust it to the center

You don't have that option in my application. Does yours have that function?
2017-11-1
Use props
Idaho Spud
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue with mine. Only flown five times and the last few flights the camera is pointing to the side part way. I have never crashed or had any hard knocks to it. I keep the brace on the gimbal and keep it in the case when transporting it. I also get a flag pop up that says Gimbal M...rloaded and another that says Gimbal motor overloaded when I have flown. Really frustrating after all I spent to get this drone p4p. Hate the thought of having to send it off.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Idaho Spud Posted at 2017-11-1 16:26
I'm having the same issue with mine. Only flown five times and the last few flights the camera is pointing to the side part way. I have never crashed or had any hard knocks to it. I keep the brace on the gimbal and keep it in the case when transporting it. I also get a flag pop up that says Gimbal M...rloaded and another that says Gimbal motor overloaded when I have flown. Really frustrating after all I spent to get this drone p4p. Hate the thought of having to send it off.

Can you calibrate the gimbal successfully? Please try what I mentioned in the post 2#. If it persists, I am afraid you'll need to send it in for diagnosis and repair.
2017-11-1
Use props
Jebtir
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-1 20:29
Can you calibrate the gimbal successfully? Please try what I mentioned in the post 2#. If it persists, I am afraid you'll need to send it in for diagnosis and repair.

This problem has been happening frequently and tormenting many users of DJI drones. I live in Brazil and there is no assistance to resolve this problem! I had to change the engine Yaw of my gimbal and now it gets crooked. The only way I found out of line was swapping the magnet. Only, two engines damaged in that change of magnet, it has to have an easier way to resolve this. What do you think?
2017-11-1
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Jebtir Posted at 2017-11-1 16:02
You don't have that option in my application. Does yours have that function?

Yes, than you maybe need to update to latest version if you still not. What is your current version and platform
2017-11-2
Use props
Jebtir
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-2 06:07
Yes, than you maybe need to update to latest version if you still not. What is your current version and platform

Version: 4.1.15
2017-11-2
Use props
sick south
New

Gibraltar

i bet no one has heard of this...
brand new mavic mini gimbal button on remote controls gimbal pitch and aircraft yaw at the same time
2021-4-27
Use props
sick south
New

Gibraltar

if anyone knows this problem please shed some light
i really dont want to wait several weeks for replacement or repair...
2021-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules