FPV for less than $10 - Google Cardboard
4988 10 2015-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

Anybody that owns an Android may already know you have Oculus in your pocket... If DJI doesn't want to be eaten up by competition they should hire more programmers an incorporate Google Cardboard into the app and provide the FPV option.  Now that I've put the idea out there it's only a matter of time the competition reads this and does it first....  ;) ..... And go!
2015-3-28
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Canada

Any other mobile developers out there want to collaborate together on creating this?
2015-3-30
Use props
sebastianreal
lvl.1

Ecuador

hi acid, im a former desktop develper, c# mostly
tried a few times to go into android dev, but soon lost motivation

now i own an inspire1, and i have been looking for some googles and i arrived to this thread, and did a very small research about google´s cardboard, looks really nice, even if we dont get 3d video feed, i would be glad to have the entire dji´s pilot apps interface stick in my face, while im flying, i barely remember to be changing things in the app so i dont see any problem using it as fpv googles

tell me what you need so i can see how i can help you
2015-4-13
Use props
sebastianreal
lvl.1

Ecuador

tomorrow i will buy this locally, and will try with dji pilot while flying

http://www.dx.com/p/colorcross-u ... 336607#.VSxOoPmG98E
2015-4-13
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Canada

I've applied for Dev still waiting for dji, I've got cardboard, been playing with it.... I. The meantime if you want an idea of what I'd like to do, go to google maps on your Android. Go to street view and double tap the icon in the bottom right corner to get into cardboard secret view....
2015-4-13
Use props
sebastianreal
lvl.1

Ecuador

it didnt worked

we need smaller and square images to see it right, i removed the internal walls still is very confusing
i think nothing too hard is required, just reposition the entire gui in a square layout and duplicate it, or would be great that DJI do it for the hdmi output at least
2015-4-13
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Canada

sebastianreal Posted at 2015-4-14 09:19
it didnt worked

we need smaller and square images to see it right, i removed the internal walls sti ...

http://www.cnet.com/news/google- ... ed-play-store-page/
2015-4-13
Use props
sebastianreal
lvl.1

Ecuador

sorry if i didnt make me understand, street view, and every cardboard app works well

i meant dji pilot didnt worked, i already got that goggle that i linked 3 post before, but the app interface need to be relocated and resized

im trying removing lens and getting my cellphone a little far away so my eyes can see almost entire screen and focus

i know nothng about optics, maybe if i get inverse lens, so intead to get closer image, to get a distante image may work
2015-4-13
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

sebastianreal Posted at 2015-4-14 07:21
tomorrow i will buy this locally, and will try with dji pilot while flying

Hi. I´m planning use this

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyki ... asp?idproduct=53706

maybe it works. I have dji phantom 2 vision+, my idea is connect samsung S5 output, with usb-rca adaptor (ebay) to this monitor. I will see on screen dji app, to me would be "fpv".

regards
2015-5-24
Use props
alameda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10453 ft
United States

Is there an all purpose app that could change the output of another app to double the UI so it gives one image to each eye?
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Let us know how is it. Does it worth purchasing ?
2016-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules