Filming with the sun in the front
1129 5 2015-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

Sorry for this stupid question (I'm not an expert in photography)...
How do you avoid the picture getting dark when filming in sun-direction?
Thanks!
2015-3-28
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Shoot in manual and choose what you want to expose for If you are shooting toward the sun you will have to choose your priority, Ground or sky... if you want to see the ground the sky will wash out... If you want to expose for the sky and clouds then the ground will get dark... You can also shoot in log and lower your contrast to capture more information to try to recover in post... If you are shooting in auto then touch the screen on the ground area to set the exposer priority...
2015-3-28
Use props
augusthansen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89498 ft
United States

Sounds like you are shooting in auto.  Put it in manual, make sure your ISO is down to its lowest setting(100) and adjust your shutter speed to get the desired exposure.  Not the ideal process when discussing DSLR, but with the limited controls on the inspire, this is the best way.
2015-3-28
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Germany

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-3-29 04:36
Shoot in manual and choose what you want to expose for If you are shooting toward the sun you will h ...

Ok, thanks for your answer. I guessed something like that, but hoped there is a "magical" solution for this.
2015-3-28
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Prop-Lock Girl Posted at 2015-3-29 04:40
Ok, thanks for your answer. I guessed something like that, but hoped there is a "magical" solution  ...

Ha. Maybe someday someone will figure out how to make a camera that can work like our eyes.... one more thing you can do if you are shooting in auto is use the exposure comp dial on the top right of the controller to dial in exposure comp...
2015-3-28
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Germany

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-3-29 04:45
Ha. Maybe someday someone will figure out how to make a camera that can work like our eyes.... one ...

Aaaaaah! Will try this in my next sunny flight!
2015-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules