MS Surface Pro 3 & datalink.
1617 2 2015-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreamaker99.wow
lvl.2

United States

I have a Phantom v1 and a Flame Wheel F450.  On my F450 I am thinking I would like to track My F450 with Datalink using my Surface Pro 3. My question is, can I use the datalink with a PC which is my Surface pro. Will it work, or am I confused about datalink applications.
2015-3-28
Use props
nig_smith
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Looking at the spec of the Surface Pro 3 I would say yes.

You will need to use the USB port of the Surface Pro to connect and power the ground portion of the Datalink system as even though the PC supports Bluetooth 4.0 LE I don't believe the PC software does , unlike the iOS version which does.

The advantage of using the PC is that it uses the much more detailed Google Maps where the iOS version uses Apple Maps which in this area are over 10 years out of date. The PC software also offers more advanced options than the iOS software but can also be quite confusing at first.

Regards

Nidge
2015-4-1
Use props
dreamaker99.wow
lvl.2

United States

nig_smith@o2.co Posted at 2015-4-1 19:47
Looking at the spec of the Surface Pro 3 I would say yes.

You will need to use the USB port of the  ...

Thank You!! I am completely new in this area, I am lower than novice. I am using a Naza M v1 and upgrading to PMU v2. on my Flame wheel f450. This should be interesting. I preferred hardwire anyways, lots of cell towers around here.

Thank You Again

Dan
2015-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules