3497 53 2017-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sorka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 782582 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-17 14:31
That same video has been around a while and is always the one people point refer to when claiming that the Mavic is difficult to fly in ATTI mode -- but it isn't. I've also flown in ATTI mode and despite what the guy in that video claims the Mavic flies just fine without GPS. It glides to a stop when you release the right stick and drifts with the wind otherwise, but that's the expected behavior and doesn't make it particularly difficult to control.

Totally agreed.

Anyone who doesn't have experience and practice is always going to find it difficult in ATTI mode until they get practice.

I've had hundreds of hours flying all sorts of drones in gusty windy weather doing figure eights, increasing and decreasing radius turns with the camera always point away from me...or towards me....or in the direction of flight all without any GPS or compass nannies.

I didn't want to buy an expensive aircraft until manual control was automatic and telepathic so that the drone just does what I want without thinking about it in pretty much any condition.

It was my opinion that you need that level control before you should fly something that could potentially injure or even kill another person in the worst case scenarios.
2017-8-17
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

For anyone who has never fly a quad without gps will be panic with the behavior of the aircraft. The gps make,s thing easy. Getting your hand off the stick then it stop and hover in place. But in atti, to break a moving aircraft you need to pull the stick in the opposit direction and that is hard. Experience pilot will get used to the drifting of the aircraft which is normal. So... if Dji do not allow the pilot to have a chance to practice flying Mavic in ATTI, they all will be in panic and can cause damages to life and properties.

My suggestion is Dji should allow ATTI switch manually ... BUT to allow it the pilot must agrees to whatever term of use
2017-8-17
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

sorka Posted at 2017-8-17 14:05
This video has nothing to do with manually activating ATTI mode.

Of course it doesn't!   as I said if you are dying to use ATTI.
2017-8-17
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-17 14:31
That same video has been around a while and is always the one people point refer to when claiming that the Mavic is difficult to fly in ATTI mode -- but it isn't. I've also flown in ATTI mode and despite what the guy in that video claims the Mavic flies just fine without GPS. It glides to a stop when you release the right stick and drifts with the wind otherwise, but that's the expected behavior and doesn't make it particularly difficult to control.

The ATTI started because of the location where he placed the gopro on the MP.

Another reason for difficulty flying perhaps he is NOT a good pilot as he claims to be. Gopro weight is NOT a factor
2017-8-17
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-8-17 07:27
I think full ATTI mode is going the way of the manual transmission.  The dumbing down of a society that holds everyone else responsible for their own failures.  DJI is using this to cover themselves.  Just makes business sense.

True, there may be options to unlock it though.

If you look at the privacy modes etc. they'll be willing to do anything to keep the big customers like the US and UK army.
2017-8-18
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-17 17:41
The ATTI started because of the location where he placed the gopro on the MP.

Another reason for difficulty flying perhaps he is NOT a good pilot as he claims to be. Gopro weight is NOT a factor

Gopro weight is NOT a factor

Yes it is; basic physics dictates that momentum will be higher with the extra weight. But don't take my word for it: add any non-trivial amount of weight to the Mavic and you'll find that it responds more poorly to stick input. And I imagine that ATTI mode with extra weight is worse than P-mode with that same extra weight because in P-mode the Mavic will compensate somewhat by trying to hold its position. But the bottom line is that ATTI made wasn't his problem: it was the extra weight he added to his Mavic.
2017-8-18
Use props
sorka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 782582 ft
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-17 17:33
Of course it doesn't!   as I said if you are dying to use ATTI.

So if I'm dying to use ATTI I should block the GPS antenna with a camera on top?

That has nothing to do with my issue or original post.
2017-8-18
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

sorka Posted at 2017-8-18 07:26
So if I'm dying to use ATTI I should block the GPS antenna with a camera on top?

Have not tried this, but a tin foil around the body should do the trick.
2017-8-18
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Russia

sorka Posted at 2017-8-18 07:26

Dude, you are the desperate one! {:4_142:}
2017-8-18
Use props
rshah921
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-16 18:27
Mavic doesn't support to switched to ATTI Mode manually, it will go to ATTI Mode when the GPS signal isn't available or there is a compass interference. If the connection between the drone and RC still works, you can still control the drone.

In the case that my drone is facing the direction it is flying while I lost GPS or my drone is flying away, would the front sensors stop it from hitting whatever is in front of it?

Also, if I lose GPS and my drone is flying away out of my Line of Sight, what are my options then?
2017-11-3
Use props
rshah921
Second Officer
United States

Drone-Mike Posted at 2017-8-17 06:51
It'll be interesting to see what DJI do with the Mavic 2. Surely they'll bring ATTI mode in.

Did you mean the Mavic Pro Platinum? They didn't fix it there either.
2017-11-3
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Would be nice to have the atti switch so someone could practice it in a safe environment. I feel sorry for someone who goes out and gets the mavic and has no Idea of the atti mode when it kicks in.
For me I have also several drones which I have made several  flights practicing atti (and one didn't even have GPS) so I feel comfortable in atti , if it should kick in . But I agree when I purchased my Mavic two weeks ago I was surprised at not having a manual atti .
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

rshah921 Posted at 2017-11-3 08:10
In the case that my drone is facing the direction it is flying while I lost GPS or my drone is flying away, would the front sensors stop it from hitting whatever is in front of it?

Also, if I lose GPS and my drone is flying away out of my Line of Sight, what are my options then?

Obstacle avoidance is not working when it is in ATTI mode. If you lose GPS, you can refer to the attitude indicator to judge the direction of the drone.
2017-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No, there is has never has been an atti mode option or switch on the Mavic. It just auto enters ATTI when GPS is lost or very weak.
2017-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules