Motor Replacement
7511 28 2017-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

Looks like the rear left motor needs to be replaced. When spinning it by hand fast, I hear what I think is knocking. Sounds like the bearings is on it's way out. I'm going to buy the motor + esc and install it myself. How fragile is the antenna cable? I was hearing to be very careful when removing the foot. Is there enough room to remove the motor + esc without damaging the antenna? Here is the link to the motor + esc I'm getting: http://www.helipal.com/repair-parts-inspire-3510h-motor-esc-set-ccw-for-inspire-1-pro-v2-0.html. Is this the right one for my Inspire 1 v2.0 motors?

Thanks in advance

2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cabralkev, sorry that the link you provided cannot be visited on our side.
Why don't you send in the drone to official repair center for repair? Our engineers are more professional and will make sure everything works fine before sending back to you.
If it not convenient, there is recommended repair center in Canada, you can contact them for repair.
Anyway, hope other users with rich experience will help you with self-repair. But the damage caused by non-authorized service provider will not be covered by warranty. Please be cautious.
2017-8-17
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-17 00:06
Cabralkev, sorry that the link you provided cannot be visited on our side.
Why don't you send in the drone to official repair center for repair? Our engineers are more professional and will make sure everything works fine before sending back to you.
If it not convenient, there is recommended repair center in Canada, you can contact them for repair.

I understand the situation, but sending it to a DJI repair service would take too long. If there is a repair shop here in Toronto, that would be great. I personally don't know of any. I see videos on how to replace the motor and esc. Only thing that concerns me is the antenna breaking off. If it does break off, can it be repaired easy?
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-8-17 00:14
I understand the situation, but sending it to a DJI repair service would take too long. If there is a repair shop here in Toronto, that would be great. I personally don't know of any. I see videos on how to replace the motor and esc. Only thing that concerns me is the antenna breaking off. If it does break off, can it be repaired easy?

Sorry that I have no idea if the antenna will be broke off easily during repair. Hope other users who had the same experience would give you some advice.
Unfortunately, i cannot find repair center in Toronto, you can check other repair center which is closest to you from the link below: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
Sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-8-17
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-8-17 00:14

The paddle antenna doesn't 'break off' - whatever gave you that idea? As long as you desolder and solder carefully, you should be fine. The motor / esc replacement doesn't require solder work but see below.

I've replaced all 4 motors on an Inspire 1 before, the tricky part is putting back the cables into the foot assembly after you have done with the motor replacement. The plastic is thin and has to be handled carefully.
DJI's service is fine, its just that they take awhile as you pointed out. Service fee is very reasonable.
2017-8-17
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

I would not buy things from helipal i find them to be expensive.  Check out ebay there a few people on there selling new in package parts.  Just a note this can be a some what easy fix, but it will take some time to do.  when you do this take your time and be care full.  The antenna wire runs over the board and it short, and there very little room to move.

I have done myself and replace a 4 of mine with the 2.0 just because i could.  I also did it without unsodering anything or unpluging the antenna wire from the flight computer.  you just have to be carefull
2017-8-17
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-8-17 13:36
I would not buy things from helipal i find them to be expensive.  Check out ebay there a few people on there selling new in package parts.  Just a note this can be a some what easy fix, but it will take some time to do.  when you do this take your time and be care full.  The antenna wire runs over the board and it short, and there very little room to move.

I have done myself and replace a 4 of mine with the 2.0 just because i could.  I also did it without unsodering anything or unpluging the antenna wire from the flight computer.  you just have to be carefull

I'll be very careful. I was more concerned about the soldering of the antenna snapping off if I pulled too much. Is there enough room to remove the motor and esc without removing the antenna or even having it snapping off? I've seen videos on how to replace the motor. The guy had the foot hanging by the antenna wire. I assume the wire will break off if I was rough with it? I'll check ebay. I called a shop that could possibly do it for me, but they're busy next week. They said the motor is $50. Why is that website selling it for $130?
2017-8-17
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-8-17 14:51
I'll be very careful. I was more concerned about the soldering of the antenna snapping off if I pulled too much. Is there enough room to remove the motor and esc without removing the antenna or even having it snapping off? I've seen videos on how to replace the motor. The guy had the foot hanging by the antenna wire. I assume the wire will break off if I was rough with it? I'll check ebay. I called a shop that could possibly do it for me, but they're busy next week. They said the motor is $50. Why is that website selling it for $130?

There is enough room but it will be tight, i would not pull to hard on it it could pop off.  If it does it easy to solder back on.  There are 2 type of motors there the v1 and v2.  the v2 have a bit more power to them.  I also seen the v1 start around $50, so be careful.  I am not sure why they charge so much for stuff.  i think they are just a rip off.
2017-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you are needing to replace the bad motor.  Replacing the bearings is much easier and can be cheaper than replacing the motor. I posted the Youtube video on your other thread.   

Buy the new bearings from Boca Bearings Inc.   The proper size is: 5mm Bore, 11mm Diameter, 5mm thick.
5.00 x 11.00 x 5.00 METRIC
Rich
LINK to bearing
2017-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2017-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2017-8-17
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

I'll have to look on ebay for the motor. There is no way I'll pay $130 for the v2 motor from helipal lol. If that's the case, I'll get the shop to do it for me lol. Hopefully I can find someone on ebay selling it brand new for $50-$100 at least. If so, I'll do it myself and be super careful. Mike-the-cat mentioned the plastic is thin. Which plastic is he referring to? The plastic to the foot?
2017-8-17
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-17 18:51
https://youtu.be/cUDaN_snY-A

That's the video I saw for the motor install. He wasn't that careful with the foot I find. What do you think? I assume you don't need to be super careful? If I were tugging on it, I bet the solder will break off and the antenna will no longer be connected. I'll try and be as careful as I can. Hopefully the solder doesn't come off... If it does, I'll get the shop to just solder the antenna back
2017-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-8-17 19:37
That's the video I saw for the motor install. He wasn't that careful with the foot I find. What do you think? I assume you don't need to be super careful? If I were tugging on it, I bet the solder will break off and the antenna will no longer be connected. I'll try and be as careful as I can. Hopefully the solder doesn't come off... If it does, I'll get the shop to just solder the antenna back

Cabralkev

I saw that he was not super careful (anyone can make a youtube video even me )  I still feel all you need to do is replace the bearings. but if you are wanting to replace everything then yes, be careful and take your time. DJI does a great job and not bad prices, if you want the pros to do it. Or just go ahead and try if yourself and have the local shop help you if you get into trouble..

Best of luck my friend
Rich
2017-8-17
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-17 20:09
Cabralkev

I saw that he was not super careful (anyone can make a youtube video even me  )  I still feel all you need to do is replace the bearings. but if you are wanting to replace everything then yes, be careful and take your time. DJI does a great job and not bad prices, if you want the pros to do it. Or just go ahead and try if yourself and have the local shop help you if you get into trouble..

I'm sure I can install it. Only thing that would screw me up is the antenna cable coming undone from the foot being pulled too far out. I guess I just will remove the foot pull it far enough until I feel resistance from the antenna cable. Then rest it on something while I remove the motor. So I'm not adding extra tension to the antenna cable. Sound like a good idea?
2017-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-8-17 18:58
I'll have to look on ebay for the motor. There is no way I'll pay $130 for the v2 motor from helipal lol. If that's the case, I'll get the shop to do it for me lol. Hopefully I can find someone on ebay selling it brand new for $50-$100 at least. If so, I'll do it myself and be super careful. Mike-the-cat mentioned the plastic is thin. Which plastic is he referring to? The plastic to the foot?

$75

$100

Rich
2017-8-17
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

You're the man! The $75 looks promising The CCW is what I need too. Back left motor. It seems the esc board has some sort of foam on it. Is that something new to protect the board?
2017-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-8-17 20:45
You're the man! The $75 looks promising  The CCW is what I need too. Back left motor. It seems the esc board has some sort of foam on it. Is that something new to protect the board?

Maybe MTC could answer your question, as I have not had this apart. I would think this is to dampen the vibrations (if any)  The one in the package is for sure brand new, the other one it is not clear, but they say it's new

Rich
2017-8-17
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-17 21:42
Maybe MTC could answer your question, as I have not had this apart. I would think this is to dampen the vibrations (if any)  The one in the package is for sure brand new, the other one it is not clear, but they say it's new

Rich

I'm stuck getting the $100 USD one. The $70 doesn't ship to Canada lol
2017-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-8-17 21:59
I'm stuck getting the $100 USD one. The $70 doesn't ship to Canada  lol

to be honest, that was a better choice...

Rich
2017-8-18
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-18 14:26
to be honest, that was a better choice...

Rich

No worries. Ordered the $100 one.
2017-8-18
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Should be here by Aug 28-Sept 2. It was $160 CAD. Damnnnnnn lol
2017-8-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-8-17 14:51

Because if you have v1 motors and switch to v2 motors, the ESCs are different....
2017-8-19
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-8-17 18:58

The plastic housing the ESC. You are less likely to break the antenna than this housing when putting back the cables (at least I found this to be so)
2017-8-19
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-8-17 20:45
You're the man! The $75 looks promising  The CCW is what I need too. Back left motor. It seems the esc board has some sort of foam on it. Is that something new to protect the board?

You have a very expensive craft and are haggling over $25? I don't get this.
2017-8-19
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Be warned, the ESC's for V2 motors are different from V1 motors. If you are just changing ONE motor, make sure it is the correct one.
2017-8-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-8-19 06:25
Be warned, the ESC's for V2 motors are different from V1 motors. If you are just changing ONE motor, make sure it is the correct one.

Hi Mike
Thanks for bringing up this point, it was overlooked. The only photo of his motor was on this other thread linked below. The motor information is not in view  (but he said it was a 3510H) which is version 2.
Link

Rich
2017-8-19
Use props
braincambre500
New

United States

All this talk about motors and no one has completed the story by saying...should a motor go bad...for any reason, does DJI sell an arm and motor for replacement (at a cost) here in the USA. I saw these replacement parts on Amazon, but they are all from different companies in China and not certified DJI. I was about to buy the product from B&H, out of New York City, but they also do not have DJI replacement parts for the arm and motor...or just the motor. That's not good customer service, since it's just a matter of time before the motor goes bad (for whatever reason) being that is the ONLY mechanical device on the drone. I hesitate to purchase it because of this important fact.
So...that being said...someone please help me in understanding WHY DJI does not sell this important part. Of all the products out there in the world, great companies ALWAYS tries to satisfy the buyer. That is what good company's do. I have been in photographer for a long time and not once did CANON ever put their customers in a dilemma buy not helping them in some way. I will call DJI today and find out why these motors are not on their list of things to purchase, should a motor become bad. I will reply back and let everyone know why this is.

With respect,

Patrick Cambre

P.S. If you would like to call me on the phone and discuss this, my phone number is 337-385-7589 here in the USA. I would really like to purchase the Mini 3, should I not be thinking of something that someone else may offer me.
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

braincambre500 Posted at 3-20 04:28
All this talk about motors and no one has completed the story by saying...should a motor go bad...for any reason, does DJI sell an arm and motor for replacement (at a cost) here in the USA. I saw these replacement parts on Amazon, but they are all from different companies in China and not certified DJI. I was about to buy the product from B&H, out of New York City, but they also do not have DJI replacement parts for the arm and motor...or just the motor. That's not good customer service, since it's just a matter of time before the motor goes bad (for whatever reason) being that is the ONLY mechanical device on the drone. I hesitate to purchase it because of this important fact.
So...that being said...someone please help me in understanding WHY DJI does not sell this important part. Of all the products out there in the world, great companies ALWAYS tries to satisfy the buyer. That is what good company's do. I have been in photographer for a long time and not once did CANON ever put their customers in a dilemma buy not helping them in some way. I will call DJI today and find out why these motors are not on their list of things to purchase, should a motor become bad. I will reply back and let everyone know why this is.

Hi there, out of safety considerations, we do not recommend you replace the arm or motor on your own. if there is any issue with the drone that needs repair, you can submit a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis and repair. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules