Missing my P2v+v3
2271 25 2015-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Its hard to imagine that you could get attached to something so quick that you really miss it.  I posted before that my gimbal was making weird sounds and camera kepts jerking from left to right.  This was after just one week of owning my P2V+v3.  Thanks to Amazon I shipped the unit back and they sent me another one (actually - its going to be delivered on Monday).  This is so much fun that I miss having the drone.  I don't know if you guys here feel the urge for this hobby?
2015-3-28
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Tolanid,
I get it,
These are so much fun and offer a bit of a release as it were, glad to hear you will be back up with a birds eye view,,,,Happy flying.
2015-3-28
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-3-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-3-29 14:10
Only one thing better than flying!
Sorry I can't remember what the thing was but I know I liked it a ...

2015-3-28
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-3-29 14:10
Only one thing better than flying!
Sorry I can't remember what the thing was but I know I liked it a ...

Axeman.... The mind is the second thing we lose. I can't remember the first thing either.
2015-3-29
Use props
rdc4444
lvl.2

United States

That's okay. You are in the honeymoon phase. In a few months it will wear off.
2015-3-29
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-3-29
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Haha   So true.  It makes no sense but I've been hitting refresh on the UPS tracking even though it says delivery on Monday by 8pm   I guess it is honeymoon state   Let's see when it goes away
2015-3-30
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1220797 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there.  When I am flying my phantom I always have a big toothy grin, but because I am still new at this my but-cheeks are still a bit tight until she returns safe and sound.  Oh what joy. (",)
2015-3-30
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

Of course the urge is there.  I almost always want to fly.  It's been a month since I've been able to due to weather.  But I went out yesterday!  Yay!  Got to the field, sat down for a minute, and said "No way am I flying in this wind."  Too gusty.  Boo!  I never even opened my case.  I just put it back in the car and went home.  My 6 year old son tried to convince me "Daddy, I can't fly mine (Cyclone/UFO).  But you can fly yours in this wind."  It was certainly tempting.  But I convinced him (and myself) that Spring has just begun and we'll have plenty more opportunity to fly over the next 6-9 months.
2015-3-30
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Friffy1 Posted at 2015-3-30 22:55
Of course the urge is there.  I almost always want to fly.  It's been a month since I've been able t ...

yea it sucks looking out to see wonderful clear day--

then go out and get smacked by the winds and cold(still)
2015-3-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-3-31 02:57
yea it sucks looking out to see wonderful clear day--

then go out and get smacked by the winds a ...

I know the feeling, it looks great here so I go out and the wind blows me across the driveway.  Noooooooo flying todayyyyyyyyyy
2015-3-30
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-31 02:58
I know the feeling, it looks great here so I go out and the wind blows me across the driveway.  No ...

Today the temp's great here.  55º F !  But the winds are ~15 MPH !
Curses!  Foiled again!
2015-3-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Friffy1 Posted at 2015-3-31 03:53
Today the temp's great here.  55º F !  But the winds are ~15 MPH !
Curses!  Foiled again!

I wouldn't live there if you paid me.
2015-3-30
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

yahoooo --  It got delivered.  Will fly in 90 minutes - unless the wind is bad.  I hope you guys didn't jinx me with your talk about the wind.  15mph is not bad :<   well,  its only 4mph - I'm flying the new virgin drone in 90 minutes
2015-3-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

tolanid@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-31 07:33
yahoooo --  It got delivered.  Will fly in 90 minutes - unless the wind is bad.  I hope you guys did ...

Just make sure you have the updates installed and everything calibrated before you take off.
2015-3-30
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

So here we go with new excitement.  Gerry nailed it.  I plugged in the new one to get the new firmware (BTW - came in the dirtiest box, the old one is shiny clean white box.  Not that I care about the box but only about what's in it).  I am getting an error message saying GPS not calibrated and magnetic interference.  This is the same place I've been using the other drone with no issues.   Investigating further - any ideas?

BTW - back lights kept blinking red when I tried to start the motor.  PT2 application updated the firmware to latest but then kept beeping.  Let's see but wanted to see if you guys had any feedback   
2015-3-30
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Update - Upon connecting my phone app now it says - Fatal System Error, Contact your local dealer or DJI technical support for further assistance.  This is so annoying
2015-3-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

tolanid@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-31 08:46
Update - Upon connecting my phone app now it says - Fatal System Error, Contact your local dealer or ...

You have to charge your range extender, your transmitter and your lypo batteries before you do anything.
2015-3-30
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Yep - I gave up for now.  Charging it right now so will try again in about 3-4 hours - wow working on my toy at midnight on a weekday.  Nice  :<    Kids had it charged for a while I was driving here but more charge won't hurt.   Any idea on the back lights blinking right when trying to start the motor?
IMG_1911.PNG
2015-3-30
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Says Calibration Error but option to calibrate is grayed out.  Numbers are still moving and have been moving for a while
Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 8.58.41 PM.png
2015-3-30
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Bummer-Plugged in another brand new fully charged battery.  It said IMU setup needed, Advanced calibration needed.  Basic calibration is greyed out so clicked on advanced calibration.  Its been doing that for over an hour now.  Is it normal to take this long?  It says 5-10 minutes.  Does anyone have any experience with DJI support.  The first unit was beautiful.  This has not been fly it right out of the box experience.   Back lights are blinking light green color and the front light aren't even on.
2015-3-30
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Does anyone have any input on Calibration error?  Basic Cali is not available, advanced calibration went for hours and stuck in the middle,  stopped and started it a few times.  Any ideas?  Hate to send this one back too and wait again
2015-3-31
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

My calibration took over 45 min. Thought it was froze but decided to give it an hour from some od the other posts I read. I guess patient is a vertices. The only advice ..... Read re read and then double and triple check all settings. That's the safety factor in having your bird return home when it's really needed to do it automatically. Key factor is having enough satellites and have a good lock at take off.
2015-3-31
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

ITS ALIVE.  So this morning after HOURS of calibration (from 11:30pm till the full battery died and then another full battery) the motor turned on.   Is it fair to assume that if it doesn't tell you calibration required then its done with what it needed to do?  I will check it again tonight when I get home but thought I'll put this question out there.  Any way to check to see what your IMU and your calibration settings should be?  Should Basic Cali always be greyed out but Advanced calibration is available?
2015-3-31
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

Just took it out and its shifting to one side so I guess the calibration didn't work that well.  Is there a way to verify the settings?
2015-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules