Why do my videos get stored automatically on my phone?
776 7 2017-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ham
New
United States

Just wondering how I can prevent this from happening?

I want them to not be transferred unto my phone and just stay on the SD as I'm flying.

Also: If I do NOT have cellphone service, what's the best way to fly the drone?

Thanks

2017-8-17
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Turn off caching. You don't need cellphone service to fly the drone, but there are some features that won't work, like maps and NFZ self-authorization, live broadcast are the ones that spring to mind. You will need to login to DJI Go 4 once while online or you'll be limited in flight distance/height until you do login.
2017-8-17
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-17 12:11
Turn off caching. You don't need cellphone service to fly the drone, but there are some features that won't work, like maps and NFZ self-authorization, live broadcast are the ones that spring to mind. You will need to login to DJI Go 4 once while online or you'll be limited in flight distance/height until you do login.

I have become accustomed to setting WiFi off and manually setting home point to my controller before flight. Don't need maps, never look at them anyway, to busy enjoying the scenery!
Though I still wan't them to work as I paid for all the features DJI embellishes in their marketing.
2017-8-17
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

you can always read the instructions, explore the menu settings or just google it.
2017-8-17
Use props
Ham
New
United States

jamesw Posted at 2017-8-17 12:44
you can always read the instructions, explore the menu settings or just google it.

why would i want to do that?
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Like Ex Machina mentioned, you can shut down the "Cache During Video Shooting" on General Settings, and the internet is not compulsory during flight, but some of the functions might be affected. And for your safety of flight, we always recommend reading the manual to be more familiar with the drone and the operation. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-8-17
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

When I fly, the wi-fi is off.
And sometimes I do not have cell signal (I always drive miles always from the city I live).
But I don’t think it seriously affect my flight.
Cheers.
2017-8-18
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

as mentioned by thor and ex machina - in general settings there is an option to cache video and below it an option to cache voice recordings - turn both off. Regarding without cellphone service - advise is to predown load the map to your phone. Reason i would do this is incase i lose my drone that i could have better chance to locate it.
2017-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules