Getting past the wifi prompt to use OTG?
563 2 2017-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

I see everyone loving their unsupported OTG connections and want to use it myself, but I can't get past the wifi prompt.  I turn on drone and RC and sometimes they link, sometimes they don't.  When they do, I turn on my go4 app and hit enter device and it takes me straight to wifi wanting me to choose the RC.  If I don't choose the RC, I can't do anything else. I had it working yesterday with a DJI rep on the fone who did NOT give me crap about it being unsupported.  He went right along with me, but it took us 2 hours on the fone to get the thing updated and error free so I have no idea what we did.  Can anyone outline the proper steps to go from charger to liftoff using OTG?  2 days and no flying yet...
2017-8-17
Use props
FrenchiVIII
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1691749 ft
Italy

There are a couple of procedures:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-109325-1-1.html?token=f5323e05946f46478de96e1816cefa7803903529&app=2&mobile=YES&from=djigo_share

I have an hunch that in your case the problem might be that you try to connect the cable before the rc has done the inizialization (red light stop flashing) or the cable doesn't work. Have you tried different cables and OTG adapters?
2017-8-17
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

I was gonna delete this, but can't now that you've replied.  So it all of a sudden worked after I posted this.  Maybe I didn't have the OTG seated well, that's all I can think of because I opened the opp and it let me right in, as well as started talking over my phone before I even got the app opened.
2017-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules