Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maXX1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79469 ft
Germany

I found this pic at DJIs SPARK homepage:
craddle.png

At the left I see the remote controller, but what is the device at the right side?
A charging cradle? A data download cradle?

I have never seen that before.

2017-8-18
Use props
schmots1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3773 ft

United States

There is another thread on this.  Its a charging dock, allows you to charge two separate batteries plus the battery in the spark all at the same time, plus it has usb outputs for the RC, and its supposed to have an internal battery so it will give you a recharge in the field.
2017-8-18
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interestingly enough, I've been looking at various ways of transporting power to charge remotely.  My Sherpa 50 does power the standard charger, but it gets real hot (I assume because the inverter is modified sign wave).  I've a Yeti 400, but that's heavy to cart around.  I bought an inexpensive pure sign wave inverter for the car, but I was looking for more mobile portability.  I found a few solutions in Amazon around $500, big chunk of change.  This device seems perfect.  Can't wait for it to come to market!
2017-8-18
Use props
TexasAerials
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-18 05:06
Interestingly enough, I've been looking at various ways of transporting power to charge remotely.  My Sherpa 50 does power the standard charger, but it gets real hot (I assume because the inverter is modified sign wave).  I've a Yeti 400, but that's heavy to cart around.  I bought an inexpensive pure sign wave inverter for the car, but I was looking for more mobile portability.  I found a few solutions in Amazon around $500, big chunk of change.  This device seems perfect.  Can't wait for it to come to market!

I have a 400w inverter that I've used successfully in the field , as well as an anker 20500 mah portable power pack. Neither really struggles to garage the spark batteries, only downside of the power pack is you can't charge while you fly
2017-8-18
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes, the power pack you mention is highly portable, but has the downside of tying up the drone.  However this new device in the picture does the same.
2017-8-18
Use props
MAvicMinh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319055 ft
Vietnam

I use the RAVpower pb055. It has AC out. Can charge 4 Batts+ iphone+ RC at the same time. Going at 170USD on Amazon
pix here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... kk/view?usp=sharing

2017-8-18
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MAvicMinh Posted at 2017-8-18 12:43
I use the RAVpower pb055. It has AC out. Can charge 4 Batts+ iphone+ RC at the same time. Going at 170USD on Amazon
pix here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzThIEqNAKF1VGNTdzliV0swWkk/view?usp=sharing

Looks promising.  Two questions:

Do you know if the inverter is pure sine wave or modified sine wave?  I'm trying to google now, not finding a quick answer.

OR

Does your power supply get hot?  When I run it from my Sherpa, it gets real hot.  Doesn't care for the modified sine wave.  Plugged in to normal city power it doesn't get hot.
2017-8-18
Use props
maXX1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79469 ft
Germany

schmots1 Posted at 2017-8-18 04:52
There is another thread on this.  Its a charging dock, allows you to charge two separate batteries plus the battery in the spark all at the same time, plus it has usb outputs for the RC, and its supposed to have an internal battery so it will give you a recharge in the field.

Thx for the info. Seems it is not on sale at this moment.
2017-8-19
Use props
MAvicMinh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319055 ft
Vietnam

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-18 16:06
Looks promising.  Two questions:

Do you know if the inverter is pure sine wave or modified sine wave?  I'm trying to google now, not finding a quick answer.

If you were asking if the Spark batt charger 'power supply get hot when plugged into the RavPower then no. Other than that I am not techy enough no know if it is pure sin or modified. Hope that helped!
2017-8-20
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

Spark (and 98% modern AC / DC converters) use SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY !!! It no matter on power source (pure or modified sine wave) with switching power supply. Modificated sine is problem with use CLASSIC TRANSFORMERS!!!

Classic Transformer

Classic Transformer

Switching power supply

Switching power supply
2017-8-20
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-8-20 02:45
Spark (and 98% modern AC / DC converters) use SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY !!! It no matter on power source (pure or modified sine wave) with switching power supply. Modificated sine is problem with use CLASSIC TRANSFORMERS!!!

The ravpower (I have one, and a scopemeter) gives “modified sine” wave.
Does not seem to be a problem, though.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It is a charging dock. Have not published yet. Thanks for the attention.
2017-8-21
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-18 06:20
Yes, the power pack you mention is highly portable, but has the downside of tying up the drone.  However this new device in the picture does the same.

i have a theory that the "new" charging device is actually old. i think that it is the charging hub dji was planning on releasing until they decided to create a different one which is the one we have now. i have a feeling we will never see this hub released.
2017-8-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Guess so, otherwise they probably would have already.
2017-8-21
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-8-20 02:45

I'm not doubting your expertise, but I've found that when I hook up to my Sherpa 50 inverter, the power adapter gets hot.  Very hot.  When I'm hooked to a pure sign wave inverter or straight power, it will only "warm".

This may very well be for reasons other than "modified vs. pure".  I won't use my Sherpa 50 anymore.  I may try some other inverters based on your advice.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules