Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mapping with P4P+ How to?
3092 9 2017-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ronny G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2120541 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi
I have a mapping mission for my P4P+
Go app is useless for mapping so I wonder if there is a possibility to use a iPad with DJI GS Pro app or any other solution to program P4P+ to make autonomous missions.

2017-8-18
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

You can NOT connect an iPad to a P4P PLUS Controller (GL300E). the only solution is to buy a new controller model GL300F. and with that one you can use an iPad  and GSPro or Litchi.
2017-8-18
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

I am sure maybe that would be something to bring up with the engineers, I think it will make a great tool to plan your missions.... Not sure what the next update will have but i think it be a cool tool.
2017-8-18
Use props
Ronny G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2120541 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

So the P4P+ is useless for mapping then....Until DJI fixes  the GS to work with P4P+ (or Litchi, drone deploy or other third party app for this drone...)
Unless spending another 300Usd on a controller...
2017-8-18
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Ronny G Posted at 2017-8-18 07:18
So the P4P+ is useless for mapping then....Until DJI fixes  the GS to work with P4P+ (or Litchi, drone deploy or other third party app for this drone...)

I agree, I wont spend another 300$ on a new controller.
2017-8-18
Use props
Hawkeye37
lvl.1
Flight distance : 204423 ft
United States

Ronny G Posted at 2017-8-18 07:18

Correct.  I too have a P4P+, and I am currently deciding whether I'm going to buy a second remote, as DJI has taken a very firm stance on not letting (+) owners add third party apps to the device.
2017-8-18
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

Honestly, I would recommend replacing the + controller with the GL300F controller.  The lack of access to various apps and live streaming features was the deal beaker for me when I was deciding between the P4P and P4P+.  I know it is suggesting an expensive investment in your drone, but think of it as an "UPGRADE" from the limitations of the + controller.
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry the P4P+ with built-screen doesn't support to install the third party app for now. The request has been forwarded to our engineers for further review. I would recommend you to use the P4P RC without screen temporarily. Apologies for all inconvenience again.
2017-8-18
Use props
DroneMapper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

Hello,
I would recommend Map Pilot as the application to collect the imagery and control the P4 flight pattern. Then you could follow this guide to process / check the results:

https://dronemapper.freshdesk.co ... i-quick-start-guide

Contact us if you need additional help or if you'd like to try the non-free / advanced versions of software. Thanks
DroneMapper
2017-8-24
Use props
fans3c98b23a
New
Flight distance : 53068 ft

United States

Come on DJI! Please unlock these + models so we can use 3rd party apps.
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules