Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Trouble downloading videos from Spark using DJI App
1230 3 2017-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canuck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26512 ft
Australia

I have been having a lot of fun with the Spark but having difficulty downloading short video clips over wifi with the DJI GO app. I can download photos taken but when it comes to videos (short clips) the down load goes quite well for about 50% of the clip before it stops and the RC loses connection to the Spark.

A bit more information
- I am using an android device for the GO app. I have not had a disconnect while actually flying.
- Android device is connected to the RC which is connected to the Spark
- Videos tend to be in the 30 to 40s in length and not very big
- My first couple of flights didn't seem to have a problem but with the updates in late July the problem seems to have come up.

Sure there is a work around by downloading via USB to the android device or computer but would be great to be able to quickly get the files off the Spark and share with minimal equipment.

Appreciate the help.

2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

How did you connect your Android device to the RC, via OTG cable or WiFi? What is the model number of your Android device? Is the APP up to date?
2017-8-18
Use props
Canuck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26512 ft
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-18 22:25
How did you connect your Android device to the RC, via OTG cable or WiFi? What is the model number of your Android device? Is the APP up to date?

Yes everything is up to date.  Android is a Nexus 6p running all the latest software. Connection between phone and RC was via wifi.  When downloading it is the connection between the RC and Spark that disconnects, not between the phone and RC. The download starts off at 800kb/s and then fluctuates a fair bit until it goes to zero -  usually around this time the lights on the drone change and the connection light on the controller turns from gree to red.

Just finished transferring videos from my GoPro to the phone via wifi and it worked flawlessly not to mention quicker than my experience with the Spark.
2017-8-18
Use props
Anuvis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Same problems from me.I use htc 10 android 7.0 latest firmware and software i connect without otg...Yesterday i was trying to download 1.6 gb video hahhaha no success i put the sd to computer
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules