iPad glare how do you manage it ?
5571 18 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matronix
lvl.1
Canada

hi,

I am using an ipad4 and having difficulty adjusting exposure due to glare. Also I can't use my polarized sunglasses, only ordinary one.
My iPad as a clear sheet of protection. Can this be the only problem ?, All reviews say that there is a good view even is sunshine.

What's the problem ? The screen  Protector ? Do you use polarised glasses ?
Next step, a cardboard shade ? Does it work ?
Thanks !
2017-8-19
Use props
fans01d21e35
lvl.2
United Kingdom

One of the cheap screen protectors on Amazon are good £15 or US $20. They make some difference, sunglasses and screens don't work too well.
2017-8-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Find some shade to stand under (this will help). If you want one of the best solutions, then buy a Hoodman monitor shade. Totally awesome

Rich

Hoodman link  
2017-8-19
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Goggles
2017-8-19
Use props
Matronix
lvl.1
Canada

fans01d21e35 Posted at 2017-8-19 08:43
One of the cheap screen protectors on Amazon are good £15 or US $20. They make some difference, sunglasses and screens don't work too well.

Thanks !
2017-8-19
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I also use a Mini Ipad 4 and found I could see the screen a little better by changing the screen display from auto to full brightness. Polaroid sunglasses just won't work.
2017-8-19
Use props
Matronix
lvl.1
Canada

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-8-19 21:57
I also use a Mini Ipad 4 and found I could see the screen a little better by changing the screen display from auto to full brightness. Polaroid sunglasses just won't work.

Thanks for sharing,
The ipad seems to go full brightness  auto, but i will do manually next time.
I will ad a sunscreen and regular glasses + a baseball cap.
2017-8-20
Use props
Matronix
lvl.1
Canada

I have found this article but they suggest polarized glasses and found out mine don't work, maybe 3d passive work.
Yes you can read but could you adjust exposure ? Not with mine !

https://www.imore.com/ipad-direc ... tent=UUimUdUnU13858

Envoyé de mon iPad
2017-8-20
Use props
Matronix
lvl.1
Canada

Does anyone tried many anti-glare film and 3d passive glasses ?

2017-8-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sunshade do not work very well, I'm using the new iPad pro 10.5 and it works great in direct sunlight. The best option I've found is to fly from a shady spot.....
2017-8-20
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I built my own shade.  Works in direct sunlight.
Designed to work with my home made iPad mount.

2017-8-20
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Matronix Posted at 2017-8-20 05:05
I have found this article but they suggest polarized glasses and found out mine don't work, maybe 3d passive work.
Yes you can read but could you adjust exposure ? Not with mine !

Interesting article regarding the passive 3D glasses.  I might give this a try.

As far as polarized lenses, they won't be of any help (as you may already know).

Working in the brightness of daytime and dealing with background reflections from the sky is the issue.  I prefer flying in the morning or evening when lighting is best for photo/video, and when I fly during the bright day, I seek shade.  Its the best solution.

I remember reading a discussion about sunshades and the angle of the shade is the key, as the previous poster has illustrated so well.  I actually like the simplicity of this design and may try to make one myself.

2017-8-20
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-8-20 05:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLnvf3B4NcM

I'm the same, I made my own to experiment with. Just used some black, stiff card. The angle and internal colour is critical.
2017-8-20
Use props
Matronix
lvl.1
Canada

Cool,
Really interesting conversation with you guys, i am gonna follow your ideas and it will help me for my season in Quebec, Canada.
2017-8-21
Use props
Matronix
lvl.1
Canada

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-8-20 05:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLnvf3B4NcM

Pretty nice modification,

Thanks and congratulations for taking time to produce nice videos !
Lets do this !
2017-8-21
Use props
Ready4Launch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51401 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-8-20 05:18
Sunshade do not work very well, I'm using the new iPad pro 10.5 and it works great in direct sunlight. The best option I've found is to fly from a shady spot.....

I have to say that I'm quite disappointed with the DJI shade that I bought in the fly more kit.  Pretty much useless.  I also have the problem with the polarized shades, because I wear sunglasses like my skin when I go outside.  Without them, it's become like living in a whole new world.
2017-8-21
Use props
Matronix
lvl.1
Canada

Ready4Launch Posted at 2017-8-21 17:16
I have to say that I'm quite disappointed with the DJI shade that I bought in the fly more kit.  Pretty much useless.  I also have the problem with the polarized shades, because I wear sunglasses like my skin when I go outside.  Without them, it's become like living in a whole new world.

Hi,
For me shades are required all the time, i had surgery. So it's gonna be on and off, look at the drone,check my ipad without them and replace them...
2017-8-22
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

the anti-glare screen protectors are a matt finish, just get a cheap one from the mall, they help a tiny bit, but a shade is the way to go
2017-8-25
Use props
fans462f0ba2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-8-25 14:30
the anti-glare screen protectors are a matt finish, just get a cheap one from the mall, they help a tiny bit, but a shade is the way to go

I had the same problem, so bought an anti-glare film. seems better. I also us a DJI hood.
2017-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules