Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
1890 21 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charli27
lvl.1
Australia

Hi guys Im new to the forum and new to the world of Drones
Just purchased my frist drone a Mavic and looking forward to getting to know the drone and you guys on the forum
Cheers
2017-8-19
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the drone world.  If you have any question this is the place to ask and one most important advice is to read the manual over and over again.  Welcome!
2017-8-19
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Welcome
2017-8-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hey Charli27, your welcome to the forum, your gonna love that bird...
2017-8-19
Use props
Garreth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 401736 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi newbie here. I have a mavic pro and have been using the controller along with my samsung S7 edge fine. Today however I get a message saying unsupported display using the app, any ideas?
2017-8-19
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706539 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your going to love it. If you have questions post
2017-8-19
Use props
Charli27
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes it much appreciate... As i start to unpack the mavic and read the manual I'm sure that I will have many questions to ask you all
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Garreth Posted at 2017-8-19 10:52
Hi newbie here. I have a mavic pro and have been using the controller along with my samsung S7 edge fine. Today however I get a message saying unsupported display using the app, any ideas?

Replied your own thread, check it, please!
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Welcome, Charli27, hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-8-19
Use props
Dougb 9
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-19 22:56
Welcome, Charli27, hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!

What a disappointment!  Received my new Mavic on Friday 18 Aug 17, charged the batteries, switched it on and all seemed to be working correctly including the camera. Did all the recommended firmware upgrades on both AC and Controller to Ver 03.0900 from 03.0800. Calibrated the compass and IMU, start AC for first flight but now the camera doesn't work. Message on the screen "No Image Transmission Signal" Tried to revert to the earlier version of software but update failed at 53 percent with the message "Update failed Undefined 0X020104" Tried to re-install ver 0900 but it also failed.
Overall Status: Air Encoder Error (0x800000) Restart Aircraft - Contact DJI Support if it persists after restart.

If you are out there DJI, please comment.
2017-8-20
Use props
Garreth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 401736 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-19 22:56
Replied your own thread, check it, please!

Ok sorry just learning all of this haha
2017-8-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Garreth Posted at 2017-8-19 10:52

hey gareth - start a new thread with yr question - it is currently wrapped up in another thread with an unrelated title - sorry i do not have an answer to yr question.
2017-8-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Charli27 Posted at 2017-8-19 16:56
Thanks to everyone for the welcomes it much appreciate... As i start to unpack the mavic and read the manual I'm sure that I will have many questions to ask you all

hey charli - welcome - my newbie advise is always - watch out for the wind - not relevant to many fliers but where wind is a frequent factor, i suggest u pay some attention to understanding the dynamics .
guideline 1 - if you can hear the wind in yr ears - then start paying extra attention - flying in more than 10m/s wind is high risk (of flyaway)
guideline 2 - the wind is almost always stronger higher up (in a zone where there are no visual signs)
guideline 3 - if flying in wind be sure to be upwind from home point and not downwind.
guideline 4 - if you get caught in a sudden wind switching to sport mode will help a lot - practice in sport mode is important to be able to handle the drone in wind
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Dougb 9 Posted at 2017-8-20 01:48
What a disappointment!  Received my new Mavic on Friday 18 Aug 17, charged the batteries, switched it on and all seemed to be working correctly including the camera. Did all the recommended firmware upgrades on both AC and Controller to Ver 03.0900 from 03.0800. Calibrated the compass and IMU, start AC for first flight but now the camera doesn't work. Message on the screen "No Image Transmission Signal" Tried to revert to the earlier version of software but update failed at 53 percent with the message "Update failed Undefined 0X020104" Tried to re-install ver 0900 but it also failed.
Overall Status: Air Encoder Error (0x800000) Restart Aircraft - Contact DJI Support if it persists after restart.

Sorry to read on it, you may need to send it in for diagnosis, please contact the Support to start a case. They will tell you how to send it in. If you purchased it from a reseller, please contact the reseller, see if they can replace it for you. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-20
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

@DJI Diana, Please separate posts from Doughb 9 from this thread  and then answer them... keeps this thread nice and clean...
2017-8-20
Use props
Charli27
lvl.1
Australia

Bekaru tree thanks so much for the tips on the wind much appreciated

If anyone else has some good tips for newbies please don't hesitate to share with me
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Charli27 Posted at 2017-8-20 22:16
Bekaru tree thanks so much for the tips on the wind much appreciated

If anyone else has some good tips for newbies please don't hesitate to share with me

There are many tutorial videos on Youtube, I think they are helpful. Here is one of them below for your reference.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Mari Posted at 2017-8-20 20:08
@DJI Diana, Please separate posts from Doughb 9 from this thread  and then answer them... keeps this thread nice and clean...

Sorry, it can't be separated, I've answered them,  will do our best to help them out.
2017-8-21
Use props
Charli27
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-21 00:13
There are many tutorial videos on Youtube, I think they are helpful. Here is one of them below for your reference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... m-tX4cnvzX&index=12

Cheers DJI Diana
2017-8-21
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear Charli27,

It is a pleasure to have new pilots growing this awesome community.
Here you will find great pilots with large experience and very gentle and kind guys. Of course, you could find some trolls…rsrsrsr…(they are everywhere).
But it is part of the game.
I will give you my concerns: fly with responsible. That is the main thing you must do.
Read the manual. It is worth.
Be careful with the wind, as @Bekaru Tree mentioned above.
And don’t be panic with all the disclaims you will find on the threads here.
Here is the place for complaints. It doesn’t mean that the bird you bought is bad!
Learn with someone’s thoughts. Even if it sounds strange to you, will be an opportunity to be a better pilot.
And mainly: enjoy your drone’s experience. It will give you funniest moments ever.
Cheers.
2017-8-21
Use props
Charli27
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks DocAraxa
2017-8-21
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-21 00:14
Sorry, it can't be separated, I've answered them,  will do our best to help them out.

Does this forum don't have this option or do you moderators have no permission to do this. It's a pitty, now other forum members hi-jack posts and that doesn't make in any more readable...
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules