3091 10 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eby
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17805 ft
Norway

Hi!

I recieved my Mavic yesterday. I updated the firmware and anything else the app requires you to do. When the set up was finished I got a "warning" that the IMU and Compass needed calibration (out of the box). Calibration of the compass passed, but I did not get the IMU calibrated. When I calibrated the IMU I got the "IMU Calibration Success", but when I restarted the AC or went back in the App the IMU was still not calibrated. (See pics below) I have tried calibrating the AC 6-7 times..

I did try:
Restore to factory settings and refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2.
Cold calibration.

The propellers start, but I do not want to fly when the IMU is not calibrated.

After calibration

After calibration
Screenshot_20170819-171350.png
2017-8-19
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

This is the IMU calibration tutorial by DJI:

2017-8-19
Use props
eby
lvl.1
Norway

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-19 08:20
This is the IMU calibration tutorial by DJI:
https://youtu.be/guD8qFRRv-c

Thank you for the response.

I have followed the exact instructions in the video. I get the same "IMU Calibration Success"-messege as shown in the video, but when i return to the video-screen I still get a warning to calibrate IMU.
2017-8-19
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

eby Posted at 2017-8-19 08:30
Thank you for the response.

I have followed the exact instructions in the video. I get the same "IMU Calibration Success"-messege as shown in the video, but when i return to the video-screen I still get a warning to calibrate IMU.

Is the firmware identical in the RC and the Mavic?
Have you already tried doing the IMU calibration in a different location?
2017-8-19
Use props
eby
lvl.1
Norway

I have now tried to calibrate in a new location. Same resault.

I did also try to fly the Mavic, very careful. It did work, but it was unstable, drifting both up/down and to the sides (gps-mode). It drifted from about 2m altitude down to 0.5m without touching the controllers.
2017-8-19
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

eby Posted at 2017-8-19 11:34
I have now tried to calibrate in a new location. Same resault.

I did also try to fly the Mavic, very careful. It did work, but it was unstable, drifting both up/down and to the sides (gps-mode). It drifted from about 2m altitude down to 0.5m without touching the controllers.

Make sure you fly the Mavic in very good lighting conditions and with the signal of at least 10 GPS satellites.
You may need to calibrate the sticks.
Also search the forum for threads with similar IMU issues.

EDIT: But before you do any other calibration, solve the IMU calibration issue first.
2017-8-19
Use props
eby
lvl.1
Norway

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-19 11:51
Make sure you fly the Mavic in very good lighting conditions and with the signal of at least 10 GPS satellites.
You may need to calibrate the sticks.
Also search the forum for threads with similar IMU issues.

I will probably end up with returning the mavic and get a new one, since it was "broken" out of the box. Thank you for your help anyway!
2017-8-20
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

eby Posted at 2017-8-20 11:23
I will probably end up with returning the mavic and get a new one, since it was "broken" out of the box. Thank you for your help anyway!

My new Mavic also needed compass and IMU calibration, but in my case this worked without a hitch.
In fact I had to do these calibrations after updating the firmware.

If I were you, I would try to update the firmware again. Make sure they are the same versions on both the RC and the Mavic.
I believe the "DJI Assistant 2" software can help you there.

I would be surprised that your brand new Mavic is broken right out of the box.
Did you buy your Mavic from a reputable store and not from one of those "return-and-restock" stores?
2017-8-20
Use props
eby
lvl.1
Norway

I ended up returning the drone to the store. The store accepted the return as a DOA (dead on arrival). I will recieve a brand new mavic in a few days!
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the late response first. Nice to hear that the dealer has accepted the unit. Hopefully you a get the replacement soon.
2017-8-27
Use props
asunaro_rocks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 714977 ft
Hong Kong

I have the same problem. Bought Mavic Pro a couple days ago. ACC1 and GYRO1 calibration failed.
I did what I can try (e.g. Factory reset, Downgrade & upgrade firmwares, etc.)
Got to take it to the DJI store see what they can do for me. Fingers crossed.
2017-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules