Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Obstacle avoidance disabled, still beeping when too close to object.
3185 14 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hhankk
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

With obstacle avoidance disabled, I am getting an audible alert when the AC senses it's too close to an object.  Is this correct with the new update, I would prefer to have the beeping disabled, like  it was was in the prior version.
2017-8-19
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

to be honest i think mine has always beeped if disabled even with previous firmware version?
2017-8-19
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

to be honest i think mine has always beeped if disabled even with previous firmware version?
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, the VPS has been disabled in APP, right? Generally, the parameters will be reset to factory by default after firmware update, please confirm.
2017-8-27
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Uhhh dji susan?

According to dji thor , spark doesnt support controlling vps in app!therefore cannot be disabled
2017-8-28
Use props
fansf7fa979c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw this too on my latest flights. I checked to make sure it was off after I got the warning and it was. I think it was allowing me to move forward though. Could this possibly be a change where the warning will always occur, but the actual obstacle avoidance does not occur when it has been turned off?
2017-8-28
Use props
fans90c397b6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76939 ft
Sweden

Same problem for me. OA set to off but spark still beeps and stop if u get to close to an object
2017-9-24
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's the real test...  turn of OA and see if you can activetrack something at speed (like 11mph).  If OA is turned on, there's a top end speed with which the spark can follow the subject.  One must turn OA off in order to allow the spark to follow the subject at higher speeds (18mph I think).  I don't know why the spark would beep and stop with OA off, but if it can't follow a subject at speed (as stated in the manual), then there is something wrong.
2017-9-24
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

It's yet another intermittent bug. Sometimes beeping goes, sometimes it doesn't.
2017-9-24
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Now I’m confused. I thought VPS and obstacle avoidance system was two different things.
With VPS looking down, while obstacle avoidance looks forward.
The word “VPS” does not exist in the manual.
2017-9-24
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Vps looks down and cannot be turned off. It never beeps. Its for holding position when gps not present.
Obs avoidance can be turned off, beeping may ormay not stop.
2017-9-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

VPS is the abbreviation for "Visual Positioning System" (the sensors under the Spark). And I believe it is mentioned in the manual. And yes, it is different from the "Obstacle Avoidance System" (OAS) located at the front of the Spark.
For the Spark the OAS can be disabled with the effect that Spark will no longer stop flying in front of an obstacle. The warnings however will stay on. Thus you have the freedom to deliberately fly your Spark e.g. through relatively dense tree branches successfully, but you still get the obstacle information which is not bad in my opinion. And you even have the option (if you really want that) to crash your Spark into a wall with full speed, but at least you will have had a warning before doing so .
Now VPS: Different from the Mavic, this can not be switched off for the Spark so far.
2017-9-24
Use props
Akeeal_Spark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7428 ft

United Kingdom

Have you just try putting your phone or tablet on mute it seems to work for me.
2017-9-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Akeeal_Spark Posted at 2017-9-24 13:25
Have you just try putting your phone or tablet on mute it seems to work for me.

P.S. But that would mute other important acoustic warnings too!
2017-9-24
Use props
Akeeal_Spark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7428 ft

United Kingdom

True, you can have it at less annoying level...
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules