"Inconsistent Firmware" notice
1823 12 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

Like most of you, I updated the firmware about two weeks ago, and then today when I set up the P4P, the DJI Go app gave me an "Inconsistent Filmware" status upon launch.  The update only too about two minutes, no big deal.  But I was wondering if anyone else experiences this, and if so, any suggestions what causes it?
2017-8-19
Use props
G Davidson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

It may have been upgrading the firmware in one of your batteries that you might not have had in the Phantom since upgrading its firmware.
2017-8-19
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, its another battery that you didn't have inside the Ac at the time of your update a few weeks ago.
2017-8-19
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
United States

HomePoint Posted at 2017-8-19 12:57
Yes, its another battery that you didn't have inside the Ac at the time of your update a few weeks ago.

EXCELLENT!  That means I'll get the same notice when I place the third battery in.  hahaha, thank you for clarifying that it was a battery related update.  
2017-8-19
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-8-19 14:27
EXCELLENT!  That means I'll get the same notice when I place the third battery in.  hahaha, thank you for clarifying that it was a battery related update.

Yes! he he he
2017-8-20
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have upgraded each battery before I fly but sometimes it does this again in the field when I just completed all 4 batteries. Something strange with those updates.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

epicjib Posted at 2017-8-20 09:03
I have upgraded each battery before I fly but sometimes it does this again in the field when I just completed all 4 batteries. Something strange with those updates.

Does the reminder pop up randomly? I would recommend you to check the Internet status and make sure the update is successful.
2017-8-20
Use props
pasqualefalcicc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12822 ft
Italy

How does this battery update work?
Does the battery also update?
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

pasqualefalcicc Posted at 2017-8-20 23:57

The drone will check the firmware of itself when it is connected to the APP, the notice "Inconsistent firmware" will pop out when any modules' firmware version is inconsistent. It is recommended to update it when you get the notice.
2017-8-21
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
United States

pasqualefalcicc Posted at 2017-8-20 23:57

Yes, when you connect the drone to the Go Fly app, it automatically recognizes that its a new battery.  The update only takes about a minute and then it resets the drone automatically and then tells you when it is ready to fly.  
No big deal, I just didn't understand what the definition of "inconsistent firmware" was referring to.
2017-8-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-8-21 07:53
Yes, when you connect the drone to the Go Fly app, it automatically recognizes that its a new battery.  The update only takes about a minute and then it resets the drone automatically and then tells you when it is ready to fly.  
No big deal, I just didn't understand what the definition of "inconsistent firmware" was referring to.

When in doubt as to whether a firmware includes a battery firmware update, have the crafts tail facing you each time you do a new update. When you see the battery's two middle LEDs flicker, then you know you're going to have to refresh the firmware with each other battery you have.
2017-8-21
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-21 14:14
When in doubt as to whether a firmware includes a battery firmware update, have the crafts tail facing you each time you do a new update. When you see the battery's two middle LEDs flicker, then you know you're going to have to refresh the firmware with each other battery you have.

Thank you.  I finally figured that out when I noticed those two middle LEDs flashing on the last battery.  Lesson learned.
2017-8-21
Use props
PoBence
New
Flight distance : 8681 ft

Hungary

Hey, I would need help with my Phantom 4 PRO+ V2.0

I haven’t flown a while, so when I switched on my Phantom 4 pro+ v2.0, there was new no fly zone database, and new firmware available.
I updated both of them, so on the Phantom is 01.11.5000 version. After that, the display of the RC dropped a failure message: “Inconsistent Firmware Found”

As I read, after a firmware update, all the batteries needs to be updated. Even though, I swapped the batteries in the drone, and slided the install on the failure message, it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. no different flashing on the battery, and really, nothing happens. It doesn’t update the batteries. If I restart the RC, the failure message comes up every time.

If I go into GO FLY mode, there are no failures, I reckon the drone would fly properly, but honestly, I don’t wanna fly, when there is any kind of failure message.

I tried to refresh the firmware update via the Assistant 2 application, but still has the same problem on the RC.

Is there anyone, who had this kind of problem, and managed to solve it?

I've been trying to find the solution for the problem for a week, and did not find anything. Tried to refresh the firmware, updated the firmware of the RC, tried basically everything. I also wanted to downgrade to lose the failure message, but there is not option to downgrade. This whole issue is driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance,
Happy Easter!!
2020-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules