Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji phantom 3 standard fall from sky
2291 21 2017-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Filmer99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50702 ft
Finland

I was using waypoint mode and suddenly when i quitted using it just started to fall down. Only the camera detached and the propellers damaged. What would have caused this? It fell so quickly..

2017-8-19
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

There is not glide path.  If the motors stop it falls like a rock.  Why it quit, you would have to upload the flight log for us to help you.
2017-8-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Were your fingers on the sticks when it happened?
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the crash, I would recommend you contact the Support to start a case first, then send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-19
Use props
Filmer99
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-19 20:20
Sorry for the crash, I would recommend you contact the Support to start a case first, then send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. http://www.dji.com/support

Will it work if i buyed it from another page?
2017-8-19
Use props
Filmer99
lvl.1
Finland

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-19 15:31
Were your fingers on the sticks when it happened?

No they wasnt.
2017-8-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The first suspect is always the battery when a Phantom falls from the sky.
Was your battery fully charged when you launched?
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Filmer99 Posted at 2017-8-19 21:53
Will it work if i buyed it from another page?

Where and when did you purchase the drone? This is the Support team of the manufacturer, DJI.
2017-8-20
Use props
Filmer99
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-20 00:22
Where and when did you purchase the drone? This is the Support team of the manufacturer, DJI.

Well i buyed it from here https://www.superkuva.fi/dji-phantom-3-standard.html
Its Finnish site..
2017-8-20
Use props
Filmer99
lvl.1
Finland

WD9EON Posted at 2017-8-19 14:09
There is not glide path.  If the motors stop it falls like a rock.  Why it quit, you would have to upload the flight log for us to help you.

I cant upload the data log from drone because the battery is broken..
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Filmer99 Posted at 2017-8-20 00:28
Well i buyed it from here https://www.superkuva.fi/dji-phantom-3-standard.html
Its Finnish site..

Okay, I would recommend you contact the Support first, they'll help you to deal with it.
2017-8-20
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1882113 ft
Romania

Filmer99 Posted at 2017-8-20 00:38
I cant upload the data log from drone because the battery is broken..

You'll need the flight log from DJI GO on your phone. If you're on Android, just open a file explorer and find the DJI GO folder, you'll see a folder for the flight records there. If you're on IOS, connect your phone to the computer, open iTunes, go to apps and scroll down. You'll find DJI GO there, click on it and then save the flight record to you computer. Hope this helps.
2017-8-20
Use props
Filmer99
lvl.1
Finland

Filmer99 Posted at 2017-8-20 02:19
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/YVDFUOL1T675TD6SE3UJ/ here it is.

Wait i think i uploadet wrong one
2017-8-20
Use props
Filmer99
lvl.1
Finland

Zsolti Posted at 2017-8-20 00:56
You'll need the flight log from DJI GO on your phone. If you're on Android, just open a file explorer and find the DJI GO folder, you'll see a folder for the flight records there. If you're on IOS, connect your phone to the computer, open iTunes, go to apps and scroll down. You'll find DJI GO there, click on it and then save the flight record to you computer. Hope this helps.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/YVDFUOL1T675TD6SE3UJ/ here it is.
2017-8-20
Use props
Filmer99
lvl.1
Finland

Filmer99 Posted at 2017-8-20 02:17
Wait i think i uploadet wrong one

I cant find the one from yesterday.
2017-8-20
Use props
Zsolti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1882113 ft
Romania

Filmer99 Posted at 2017-8-20 02:25
I cant find the one from yesterday.

Open the DJI GO app and check if it's in there. Click the little arrow on the top left corner to see a list of your flight records. If it's there, it should be in your folder too.
2017-8-20
Use props
Filmer99
lvl.1
Finland

Zsolti Posted at 2017-8-20 03:34
Open the DJI GO app and check if it's in there. Click the little arrow on the top left corner to see a list of your flight records. If it's there, it should be in your folder too.

Well i do find it in dji go app but somereason it doesnt show up in pc(using androin)
2017-8-20
Use props
JCorder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 498914 ft
United States

I came across the same issue. My drone fell out of the sky after a software upgrade. According to the flight records there was nothing out of the ordinary and the drone was in a hoover state. It seems to me that there was a bug in the software that made the drone fall from the sky. I contacted support and they informed me that if the crash was due to a malfunction in the software that they would replace/repair the drone. When I first contacted support I gave them the SN number and they knew it was out of warranty. However, I was still instructed to send the drone into DJI.

In conclusion the crash was no caused by user error and was caused by something in the software. But come to find out since the drone is over the year warranty by  3 months DJI will not repair the drone! I am very disappointed. The next drone I purchase will not be a DJI, I can tell you that much!

Good Luck!  
2019-8-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

JCorder Posted at 8-10 20:17
I came across the same issue. My drone fell out of the sky after a software upgrade. According to the flight records there was nothing out of the ordinary and the drone was in a hoover state. It seems to me that there was a bug in the software that made the drone fall from the sky. I contacted support and they informed me that if the crash was due to a malfunction in the software that they would replace/repair the drone. When I first contacted support I gave them the SN number and they knew it was out of warranty. However, I was still instructed to send the drone into DJI.

In conclusion the crash was no caused by user error and was caused by something in the software. But come to find out since the drone is over the year warranty by  3 months DJI will not repair the drone! I am very disappointed. The next drone I purchase will not be a DJI, I can tell you that much!

" It seems to me that there was a bug in the software that made the drone fall from the sky. "

If it was, then it would be a first. I have never known a software bug to cause an aircraft to fall out of the sky.
2019-8-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

More than quite often, pilot error.

RedHotPoker
2019-8-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

JCorder Posted at 8-10 20:17

Please post your flight log via the site below and let's see if we can't get to the bottom of this...

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-8-11
Use props
TestPilotMovies
New

United States

Something definitely seems fishy here, are you absolutely certain the drone fell? Or is there a chance it just descended without your control?  
2019-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules