Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi
I have just noticed that when i have come to use my spark the battery is dead, no lights at all when power button pressed. Put into the charging hub and still not charging?
it had a full charge last time for when i wanted to use it, any ideas and how do i get this resolved with DJI it was one of the batteries that i had with my fly more combo.
can i get it replaced or what happens now?
thanks
2017-8-20
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Panic over it is working now, put it into charging up and after 20 minutes still no lights on whilst in charging hub, but when taken out and presses power button all the lights came on indicating fully charged, was it into some sort of sleep mode?
2017-8-20
Use props
fans919c900e
lvl.1
United States

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-8-20 04:30
Panic over it is working now, put it into charging up and after 20 minutes still no lights on whilst in charging hub, but when taken out and presses power button all the lights came on indicating fully charged, was it into some sort of sleep mode?

Weird that lights did not turn on but it won't charge more if battery is already full. Maybe that's why it didn't turn on when plugged in.
2017-8-20
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans919c900e Posted at 2017-8-20 04:45
Weird that lights did not turn on but it won't charge more if battery is already full. Maybe that's why it didn't turn on when plugged in.

yes thats what i think because when a battery is fully charged the lights go out on charging hub so it must have been fully charged but put into sleep mode after no being used for a while.?
Maybe someone can confirm that if you have a fully charged battery and not used in over a week does it go into sleep mode?
2017-8-20
Use props
Matt08hk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Hong Kong

I had the exact same problem. I do have a habit of placing 2 of the batteries in the pouch and leaving the other one unplugged on the spark and just place it in the main spark compartment (that's the one that suddenly won't work) I only plug it in the spark when I'm about to start flying.  I fully charged all three of my battery before leaving the house and for some reason one of them won't turn on (no LED indications).

When I got home, I tried to charge it but no LED indicates that it was charging either, after a quick search on google ending up on this thread, I removed it from the hub and suddenly works again. I tried to plug into the spark and it works normally again. what could possibly be the reason for this?
2017-10-3
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

glad with was just a fully charged battery and not a dud.
2017-10-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

It usually should need some days, to "fall in sleep", hibernate.
But under 10%
So the question is, how long have you stored the batts , before you tried to fly?
And why hibernating the batts in 100%

https://store.dji.com/guides/dji ... ng-you-should-know/

Hibernating it is
2017-10-3
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

These issues mainly occur because of either not been firmware updated , or because un successful updating.

If the battery is fully charged, just connect the AC to the computer via assestant 2.

If not fully charged, leave it on the charger even the light not responding it is charging. Then do the previous step.

2017-10-3
Use props
aguiazen
New

Brazil

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-10-3 09:10
It usually should need some days, to "fall in sleep", hibernate.
But under 10%
So the question is, how long have you stored the batts , before you tried to fly?

I have same issue. But I didn’t fly for more than one year. I have 3 battery’s and hub for three at same time. Only 2 of 3 was showing the led so I start to fly, update firmware of RC and Spark (I don’t know if also included bat update). Now after two flights of 10 minutes indoor, only one battery is showing the leds and responding of pressing the button. My guess is because of long time maybe they are loosing cells or capability to recharge. Anyone has any guess. My spark is from 2018/01, so they have two years of life and one of those years never have a flight. And the remote controller only blinking two of those four leds. Any ideas?
2020-2-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

aguiazen Posted at 2-29 09:00
I have same issue. But I didn’t fly for more than one year. I have 3 battery’s and hub for three at same time. Only 2 of 3 was showing the led so I start to fly, update firmware of RC and Spark (I don’t know if also included bat update). Now after two flights of 10 minutes indoor, only one battery is showing the leds and responding of pressing the button. My guess is because of long time maybe they are loosing cells or capability to recharge. Anyone has any guess. My spark is from 2018/01, so they have two years of life and one of those years never have a flight. And the remote controller only blinking two of those four leds. Any ideas?

DJI is suggesting to charging/discharging them at least every 3 month!
Anyway, they may even have over-discharged to below 10% in 12 month time
2020-2-29
Use props
djiuser_ISvGmRkcOCRT
New
United Arab Emirates

I have a similar case of dead or hibernating batteries of my DJI Spark. I have 2 batteries that were used only indoors for a maximum of 2-3 times. However after the last time I used the drone about 14-15 months ago I left the batteries in the drone's box. Now the batteries are not charging. I get a continuous red light when batteries are put on the charging hub and pressing the button of the battery once only results in brief blinking of one green LED. Can anyone suggest a remedy?
2020-11-30
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

djiuser_ISvGmRkcOCRT Posted at 11-30 01:14
I have a similar case of dead or hibernating batteries of my DJI Spark. I have 2 batteries that were used only indoors for a maximum of 2-3 times. However after the last time I used the drone about 14-15 months ago I left the batteries in the drone's box. Now the batteries are not charging. I get a continuous red light when batteries are put on the charging hub and pressing the button of the battery once only results in brief blinking of one green LED. Can anyone suggest a remedy?

If the batteries are in sleep mode, leave them charging all day and they should "wake up".
2020-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules