Memory card unreadable from Spark
2162 12 2017-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

When I plug the spark into my computer, I get a pop-up error saying that something is wrong with the disc and do I want to try to fix the error. If I click on them fix the error message, it didn't tells me to insert a disc. If I do this 15 or 20 times, sometimes it will actually open and I can access my files. This is the micro USB memory card that was sent with the Drone. Why is it doing this? I don't have a card reader that I can try it in.
2017-8-20
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

"If I click on them fix the error message, it THEN tells me to insert a disc."
2017-8-20
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

If I click on THE fix the error message, it THEN tells me to insert a disc.

Sure would be nice if this forum would let you edit your messages longer than 3 minutes...
2017-8-20
Use props
STech - Hathder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Brazil

The forum let you edit posts after 3 minutes if you are not a "Beginner" user.

I think its normal this warning , just ignore the windows advice and copy your media.
2017-8-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Have you switched on the Spark?
2017-8-20
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

If it wasn't on, I wouldn't get any message at all.  It has to be on for the PC to see it.
2017-8-20
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

STech - Hathder Posted at 2017-8-20 07:01
The forum let you edit posts after 3 minutes if you are not a "Beginner" user.

I think its normal this warning , just ignore the windows advice and copy your media.

It's not a warning, it's a message saying the computer can't read the disc, making the data impossible to retrieve.
2017-8-20
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Madwand Posted at 2017-8-20 11:15
It's not a warning, it's a message saying the computer can't read the disc, making the data impossible to retrieve.

I use a microSD card reader connected to my PC and if I connect the Spark directly to my PC I ALWAYS get a message the Windows has to scan the disk to correct it.  I have formatted the micoSD in the Spark and still get the error message every time the card is connected to my PC.  This only happens with my Spark and not with my Mavic or Phantom 4.
2017-8-20
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

Ok, that's exactly what I get.  I plugged it into an adapter and card reader and it loaded up every time.  DJI told me in their support forum on Facebook that I need to replace the card.  Typical.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please tell us the model of the SD card? Have you tried to format the SD card and then check again to see will it work?
2017-8-21
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

It's the one you send with the drone, Lexar 16G.  Just for you, I formatted it AGAIN today.  I formatted it extra good, just for you.  I did a long format in addition to all the quick formats I've done.   It's really formatted now, just for you.  When I attach the drone with the disc in, I still get a message that their is something wrong with the disc.  If I put the disc in my card reader and plug it in to the PC, I do not get the message.  I'm probably too tech stupid to understand real complicated stuff like this, but when that happens, it leads me to believe their is something wrong with the drone when it only gives errors in the drone.  But I'm not a DJI wizard, so I'm probably wrong, huh?
2017-8-22
Use props
BlueSkies99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3238 ft
United States

delete this.
2017-8-22
Use props
_KERBEROS_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98179 ft
Spain

Same problem here.  Windows 10 say me that MicroSD inside Spark is unreadable.
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules