Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Fail
1596 14 2017-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peterc46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1048517 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All, my mavic fell out of the sky today, just stopped and fell to the ground, luckily it was only 30 meteres away from me and 10 meteres high i was flying over open moorland and long grass and boggy ground saved major damage, the camera works bot will not move as far as i know that is it. What worries me i was in Scotland flying over loch ness last week what would have happened then because you are not getting it back if it had gone down on loch ness, does anybody know where we stand if this happens and you dont get it back, very confidence zapping, thanks
2017-8-20
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Retrieve the DAT file from the Mavic using these instructions, then upload it to DropBox and provide a link to it in this thread if you'd like an analysis of what happened. The correct file will have a timestamp that corresponds to when the flight occurred and will be at least tens of megabytes in size.
2017-8-20
Use props
peterc46
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi and thanks for your reply see requested link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yxzsbm ... 8-35-08%5D.DAT?dl=0
2017-8-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey peter - sorry i cant help you, still trying to work this out,
Droneflying: i called up height and barometer and gps signals health: looks to me like GPS is fluctuating (not sure what value 0-5 means, if this relates to amount of satelites connected to (if so then even 5 is not good enough - or if it relates to gps quality ie 0 = very bad and 5 + very good??)
What does it mean when i see baro height and reletive height being differant from each other? Does it mean that the baro thinks it is at a certain height but the gps thinks it is at another height?
When in conflict, does the gps get kicked out?
I also see that the vps is about as erratic as the gps health value.
perhaps gps was not properly established prior to take off?
Perhaps Vps issue failed to prevent hard landing - perhaps due to mechanical failure or low light conditons?
You do not have to answer all or any of this post - any tips on your opinion will help.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the crash, I would recommend you sync the flight records and export the flight log, then contact the support to open a case, we'll submit a data analysis to find out the cause.  http://www.dji.com/support
If the drone hurt, I also suggest sending the drone in for repair. Besides, if an accident like you mentioned above happened, please also contact us. Thank you.
2017-8-20
Use props
peterc46
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi and thanks for your reply's, the conditions on the day were good with no wind and good light, prior to take off i had 18 satellites and home point was set, i had been flying for a good 15mins with no problems , i had received no warnings prior to crash it just fell to the ground
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

peterc46 Posted at 2017-8-20 22:12
Hi and thanks for your reply's, the conditions on the day were good with no wind and good light, prior to take off i had 18 satellites and home point was set, i had been flying for a good 15mins with no problems , i had received no warnings prior to crash it just fell to the ground

Thanks for the feedback, please report this case to our support team to start a data analysis. We will do our best to help things out.
2017-8-21
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

peterc46 Posted at 2017-8-20 09:56
Hi and thanks for your reply see requested link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yxzsbmao23izlth/DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE%5B2017-08-20%2018-35-08%5D.DAT?dl=0

I did look at this and what it shows is the voltage on the right motors dropping in the last 19 milliseconds of the flight. My best guess is that it's the same spontaneous power loss problem that we saw a cluster of reports of a while back, so I've asked BudWalker (who examined most of those cases) to look at this when he gets a chance. At least superficially, though, this does appear that it might be the same thing and if so you should eventually get a warranty replacement from DJI.
2017-8-22
Use props
peterc46
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply, thinking back it did vere left before dropping...
2017-8-22
Use props
fans464488b9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311358 ft
United States

I was flying over the ocean in Florida and one of my props or motors failed and the MP went down in the water and I never saw it again.  I submitted a claim with DJI and they analyzed the video and the flight data and send me a new Mavic even though I didn't have the one I crashed.
2017-8-22
Use props
peterc46
lvl.2
United Kingdom

that is great to hear, thanks
2017-8-22
Use props
BudWalker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-22 02:28
I did look at this and what it shows is the voltage on the right motors dropping in the last 19 milliseconds of the flight. My best guess is that it's the same spontaneous power loss problem that we saw a cluster of reports of a while back, so I've asked BudWalker (who examined most of those cases) to look at this when he gets a chance. At least superficially, though, this does appear that it might be the same thing and if so you should eventually get a warranty replacement from DJI.

I looked at this some. It does appear similar to the abrupt power loss incidents you referred to. But, there are differences. Usually, all 4 motorVolts show a drop to roughly 50%. Here it was just the right motors. The fact that the .DAT ended abruptly makes it likely that this was an abrupt power loss. Maybe DJI will offer an analysis.
peterc46.jpg
2017-8-24
Use props
peterc46
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks, dji want to replace on care at my cost, which i am not happy with, will let you know what happens, thanks again
2017-8-27
Use props
peterc46
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi All, ended up up paying for a replacement with care just to get my mavic back quick, i am now trying to fight my case with no joy cant get a reply to my emails been tring to contact for 11 days now, not good..
2017-9-10
Use props
peterc46
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This is unbelievable  what can i do see below

can i please have a reply this is getting very annoying now,  thanks peter

Sent: Friday, September 22, 2017 8:21 PM
To: DJI Support
Subject: Fw: DJI Support Delivery Notice CRM:0258000163111

Hello please may i have a reply or a email address of someone who can deal with this,  thanks peter

Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:39 AM

Hello, please may i have a reply.

Thanks Peter

Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: DJI Support Delivery Notice CRM:0258000163111

Hello, can i have a reply please,  thanks peter

Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 6:12 PM

Hi, i am still waiting for a reply, this is getting a bit silly now, thanks Peter

Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 5:21 PM

Hi, could i please have a reply to below emails, i have not had a reply in 11 days.

Thanks Peter

Sent: Sunday, September 3, 2017 4:54 PM

Hi, i sent below email 1 week ago and have had no reply, i have again attached a graph, and see below dropbox link to the dat file which shows motor failure, could i please have a reply on the data as i am confidant it was motor failure and i should not have been charged, i await your response, thanks peter...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tyl9l ... N0Z5ShjYm4i6wa?dl=0

Sent: Monday, August 28, 2017 7:21 PM

Hi Thanks for you speedy repair process, however i paid for a replacement under care so i could have my drone back as soon as possible, would it be possible to have a full report of the dat file as the ones i have show motor failure and are consistent  with the same spontaneous power loss problem that we saw a cluster of reports of a while back, i have attached the dat file and a graph showing motor loss, i believe the drone is at fault and not me and i should not have been charged, look forward to your reply,  Thanks Peter..

Sent: Monday, August 28, 2017 1:26 PM
To: costellopeter
Subject: DJI Support Delivery Notice CRM:0258000163111

Dear Customer,

Your item, the case number CAS-916165-X6B0M4 has been shipped with UPS the tracking number 1ZR54Y136876113136. Use this tracking number to check the delivery status and be advised that UPS express company may contact you directly. Thank you for choosing DJI.

Product Details:

Product Name Serial Number Quantity
Mavic Pro Aircraft & Gimbal (Excluding remote controller, Battery, Battery Charger, Propellers, SD Card, and AC Cable) 08QDE1K01R00JN 1
Mavic Intelligent Flight Battery (20) 093XE2L0540456 1
Remote Controller  1

This is an automated email. Please do not reply to this message. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

Best Regards,

DJI Support

2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules