Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SD card fails to initialise
4245 6 2017-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does anybody else gett this message?  Inspire 1 Pro using the DJI recommended Sandisk 32gb SD card.  The 32 Gb card was bought from DJI a couple of weeks ago.  I used it last week with no problem and have copied the files across to my PC.  Only formatted in the camera.

What else? Oh, I have managed to get the camera to work eventually using one of my original 16gb cards which has been formatted in the bird and on my pc every way possible left, right and centre so I guess that rules out formatting being an issue.

I have a job coming up immediately after my vacation so would really like some suggestions on a fix that doesn't involve returning my X5 to DJI.
2017-8-20
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

It sounds like you may have a dud SD card. It does happen.
2017-8-20
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

But five Mark? Two of them brand new within the last fortnight direct from DJI (and working last weekend).
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Is there any error message in APP? What have you done before this issue occurs? Like format wrongly with PC?
So with the damaged SD card, the camera cannot self-check when the drone is powered on? Can the SD cards be recognized in PC?
2017-8-22
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mindy,  the cards in question have only been formatted in the AC.  they are recognised by my pc.  The one in the Inspire was used successfully once and it's contents copied and ousted into a folder on my pc.  Then the files were deleted from the folder on the card and the card removed (following the safe removal protocol of the pc.). When re-inserted into the AC, the card is not recognised and will not operate in the Inspire (X5).  The card I am using in my P4P ape are to be working at the moment.
2017-9-1
Use props
djiuser_xNzaAd9sVjfo
lvl.2

India

Well, many digital camera users are getting “SD card not initialized” error and after this they look forward to resolve this issue. But they can’t find a way to fix it. Hence, I recommend you that before you go for any way to troubleshoot, you must try to solve the issue by yourself. When this type of error takes place, at the time you have to first remove and then re-insert your card. After that, check if the problem is resolved or not.
For more Info visit: http://www.rescuedigitalmedia.com/solve-sd-card-not-initialized-error
2020-4-9
Use props
djiuser_s6b6XUczqdAQ
New

United Kingdom

New to forum
Bought a second hand inspire 1 pro with X5 camera for a job i have

Fly's fine camera works but not able to take any photos, video and unable to reformat SD card ( Have tried 3 other SD cards ranging from 64gb up to 256gb ) and with the same message ( NO SD CARD )

unable to load firmware and have tried reformatting in both Mac and Windows without success

Any help please before i return to seller
2021-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules