gimbal keeps "Looking" to the left sharply.
1620 4 2014-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Hello fellow DJI pilots.  I have 2 questions within this one post.  I would like to know where I can by the USB ribbon that goes from the gimbal housing to the USB plug into the gopro.

While I was out on a shoot I lost my FPV.  After trouble shooting I found that the "S" ribbon that goes from the USB plug in the gopro and gimbal housing had a tiny tear in it.  Luckily enough when I purchased the phantom 2 with 3D gimbal it came with a spare ribbon.  Is there a part number for this ribbon?  Can I buy this ribbon from DJI, local hobby stores here do not carry the part (Toronto, Ontario).

My second issue is now that I have replaced the ribbon I am able to get teh FPV to work but now everyonce inawhile I get the gimbal tunring sharoly to the left and then back to centre.

I have doubled checked and all software is upto date.

Any help would be apprechiated.
2014-10-16
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

When I purchased my H3-3D I read a lot of people were having issues with the new USB ribbon tearing a lot..it really is quite fragile.
Haven't torn mine yet since it's treated like a newborn, but that didn't stop me from buying a spare. Can't find em at a LHS so I ordered online.

Paid $12 for mine on Amazon but B&H has them Here for $4
Might take a bit longer to get it from B&H since you're in Toronto

As for the twitching/turning..I noticed mine doing the same a while back but it would "twitch" when I was flying FPV.
So after a few flights I narrowed it down to it acting up when I'm making sharp angled turns.
Eventually found the issue: When the gimbal has to make a big correction or turn, it bumps the clear safety pins (see below)

A lot of pilots remove their pins and replace them with zip ties or wire. Some don't use anything - those rubber flaps hold well but aren't guaranteed to hold in case of a crash. I'm personally using the thick white string that came with my Phantom guards.

2014-10-16
Use props
flybyvideopros
lvl.1

United States

if small allen screw comes loose at all - gimble twitches.
2014-10-16
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Thank you guys so much for all your help. Cloud9, thanks for the tip on where to purchase the ribbons, ordering 5 of them today!  Safe and happy flying all!
2014-10-17
Use props
DJI -Lisa.zhu
lvl.4

China

Good comment, Cloud 9
2014-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules