Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Possible X5S Gimbal Roll Issue
1099 7 2017-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans56f1fe8f
lvl.2
United States

I have a an X5S camera on my Inspire 2. When the I2 changes direction the gimbal roll is noticeably off and needs to be adjusted. The gimbal has been calibrated. Is there any other troubleshooting I can do before contacting DJI support?
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

What is your gimbal operation mode?
Is there any notice popping up in APP interface?
2017-8-20
Use props
fans56f1fe8f
lvl.2
United States

There are no notices on the app interface.

I think the gimbal operation mode is normal. Please clarify where I can find the operation mode.

2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans56f1fe8f Posted at 2017-8-21 08:50
There are no notices on the app interface.

I think the gimbal operation mode is normal. Please clarify where I can find the operation mode.

Here is a brief introduction of Gimbal operation mode:
Follow Mode: The angle between the gimbal's orientation and aircraft's nose remains constant at all times. You can control the pitch of the gimbal.
FPV Mode: The gimbal will lock to the movements of the aircraft to provide a first-person-view flying experience.
Free Mode: The gimbal's motion is independent of the aircraft's orientation. You can control the pitch of the gimbal.
Re-alignment: Tap to force the gimbal orientation to re-align with the aircraft's orientation by panning from gimbal's current orientation. Pitch of the gimbal will remain unchanged during the re-alignment. gimbal operation mode.png
2017-8-22
Use props
fans56f1fe8f
lvl.2
United States

It may have been on follow mode, thought I cannot be sure. I didn't pick an object to follow. I will try flying it free mode and see if that fixes the issue.
2017-8-22
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Having the same issue. 360 panoramics are always off
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans56f1fe8f Posted at 2017-8-22 09:41
It may have been on follow mode, thought I cannot be sure. I didn't pick an object to follow. I will try flying it free mode and see if that fixes the issue.

No problem.
2017-8-25
Use props
fans56f1fe8f
lvl.2
United States

I don't know that switching between free mode and follow mode changed anything. I took it out again and the gimbal roll was off after circling and object. I tried free mode and follow mode (without choosing an object to follow) However, I did land the the I2 and calibrated the gimbal (I have no idea if the ground was level) and this seemed to fix it. No idea why, since I calibrated gimbal on a flat surface in the office before flying most recently and the time before that.
2017-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules