https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf
2017-8-21
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I just did the update, there is no longer an option to restore the previous version, it also includes new battery firmware
2017-8-21
Use props
mightyarrow
lvl.1

United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-8-21 04:19
my guess on this one is DJI uncovered a major flaw in their software/firmware that needs to be fixed.  This is either to avoid legal issues or to protect the spark owners of liabilities.  In either case this is good news from DJI.

Absolutely, but is still no excuse to lie to customers. They found something big, they DONT want us to know about it, and they're lying to cover it up.

So far, since late May, the mod community has gotten pretty good at guessing about what DJI is really up to.
2017-8-21
Use props
helmair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104918 ft
Germany

The Update is not working on the Assistant Software but it works with the DJI Go 4 App.
spark-update.jpg
2017-8-21
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Then what is the possibility that 3KG would hit someone's head, not ground or three. How many get hurt from space objects?
2017-8-21
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

helmair Posted at 2017-8-21 04:27
The Update is not working on the Assistant Software but it works with the DJI Go 4 App.

It did for me. Just done it 3 times for all threee batteries.
2017-8-21
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

mightyarrow Posted at 2017-8-21 04:21
Absolutely, but is still no excuse to lie to customers. They found something big, they DONT want us to know about it, and they're lying to cover it up.

So far, since late May, the mod community has gotten pretty good at guessing about what DJI is really up to.

hate to break it to you but i'm willing to bet there is not one large company in the world that would tell us what the problem was if it was their product. if you owned a large company you would probably know not to say anything either.
2017-8-21
Use props
mightyarrow
lvl.1

United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-21 04:28
hate to break it to you but i'm willing to bet there is not one large company in the world that would tell us what the problem was if it was their product. if you owned a large company you would probably know not to say anything either.

That does NOT make it acceptable. When your car gets a recall, the manufacturer doesn't tell you to come in for them to 'fix some stuff, don't worry about what it is'.

We're talking about flying objects in the sky with safety risks, and this crap with not being transparent has got to STOP.
2017-8-21
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-8-21 04:28
Then what is the possibility that 3KG would hit someone's head, not ground or three. How many get hurt from space objects?

it would depend on if you are flying over people or not which most people do! if you are flying over a crowed, it will most likely hit someone.
we are not talking about space objects we are talking about drones. it is childish even to mention things like that.
2017-8-21
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Convert Posted at 2017-8-21 04:29
It did for me. Just done it 3 times for all threee batteries.

Same with me it worked seamlessly
2017-8-21
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

mightyarrow Posted at 2017-8-21 04:29
That does NOT make it acceptable. When your car gets a recall, the manufacturer doesn't tell you to come in for them to 'fix some stuff, don't worry about what it is'.

We're talking about flying objects in the sky with safety risks, and this crap with not being transparent has got to STOP.

i agree that it should be but no matter how much you bring it up, it won't make any difference. no company will release this info if it will put there company at risk. i don't agree with it but it is how it is.
2017-8-21
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

@Thor1. Rules and regulation, never fly over crowd, traffics neighborhood. Even no fw flaw, unmature pilot can cause damages
2017-8-21
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow, sometimes I feel that I am the only one who loves new updates.  I update everything on every device I own.  I work in IT, I very rarely see update issues, I have had 5 DJI Drones, Goggles and Osmo and never had a firmware issue.  I sit here refreshing the forums daily waiting for that next update, I must be mad compared to you lot.
2017-8-21
Use props
InkedUpDad.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55276 ft
United States

Are we really arguing and complaining over a mandatory firmware update? By not updating the firmware you're not only putting yourself at risk, but possibly others. More drone accidents lead to more regulations.

If you want to take issue with transparency, that's cool. However, publicly stating that you refuse to update your drone because your upset with "big bad DJI" is just admission of negligence if something goes wrong while you're flying it.

2017-8-21
Use props
mightyarrow
lvl.1

United States

InkedUpDad.com Posted at 2017-8-21 04:51
Are we really arguing and complaining over a mandatory firmware update? By not updating the firmware you're not only putting yourself at risk, but possibly others. More drone accidents lead to more regulations.

If you want to take issue with transparency, that's cool. However, publicly stating that you refuse to update your drone because your upset with "big bad DJI" is just admission of negligence if something goes wrong while you're flying it.

I think the real concern is a lack of transparency, when trust in DJI is at an all-time low, given the recent events regarding data collection, and all the naughty stuff that the mod community has revealed inside DJI's code.
2017-8-21
Use props
Tim1985
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32641 ft
United States

mightyarrow Posted at 2017-8-21 04:51
I think the real concern is a lack of transparency, when trust in DJI is at an all-time low, given the recent events regarding data collection, and all the naughty stuff that the mod community has revealed inside DJI's code.

Where is this mod community everyone talks about b
2017-8-21
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

@InkedUpDad.co .. you are very welcome. Go update and be happy.
2017-8-21
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

HomePoint Posted at 2017-8-21 04:46
Wow, sometimes I feel that I am the only one who loves new updates.  I update everything on every device I own.  I work in IT, I very rarely see update issues, I have had 5 DJI Drones, Goggles and Osmo and never had a firmware issue.  I sit here refreshing the forums daily waiting for that next update, I must be mad compared to you lot.

You'd be happy with the 0.600 , there is spark support for the DJI goggles
2017-8-21
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

How and what feature?
2017-8-21
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

Both Spark and Goggles manuals are not updated yet. So how to connect Spark to Goggles and what features are available?
2017-8-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So far I am only glad to read that DJI is continuing to update their product.
Even though it sounds as 'unfinished product selling'. I still have (some) trust and a firm believe that these complex (software) products are impossible to test 100% in every situation.
So yes, happy with this. Even though it might seem odd to be forced to update.
2017-8-21
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
Argentina

Video latency issues addressed?? (pray!)
2017-8-21
Use props
fans6f6242e8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233363 ft
United States

I dont thibk its anything to do with safety.  Less thsn 1% of the sparks were having an issue according to dji.  This is them fighting against the firmware exploits.  Its a little hand smacking contest between dji and the hackers that are dilligently finding exploits in the dji firmware and removing nfzs and changing ce to fcc etc.  Im curious to see if dji is able to brick a device that doesnt connect to their servers?
2017-8-21
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

Hmm 13 days to go
2017-8-21
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-21 04:23
rocks and sticks wont cause a lawsuit for dji

May cause if someone will drop them from dji building.
2017-8-21
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
Argentina

jh8 Posted at 2017-8-21 03:28
How about connectivity improvements for us in Europe (CE) in this FW update?
Does it also include things like:
- Option to manually select 2.4 or 5.8Ghz wifi band (saved after poweroff)?

WHAT HE SAID!!!
2017-8-21
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-8-21 02:32
Oh ... unable to take off by Sep. 1 st if not updated . No choice?

Grounding your aircraft if you cannot update is really arrogant on the part of DJI.

There are so many great places to travel to with terrible Internet connectivity.
2017-8-21
Use props
Retroglide08
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13015 ft
United Kingdom

I don’t mean to talk out of turn here. I’ve had my Spark for three weeks with the worry that it might fall or fly away. So far I’ve been lucky but it is a worry. Nearly every day I see a story about a fall or flyway. If this update remedies those issues or make them as rare as possible then I’m pleased about that. I don’t care about the fact DJI haven’t told us what the problem was. I just want to enjoy flying the Spark. As for making it a compulsory update, then why not especially when it concerns safety. That’s just my view and I don’t mean to insult anyone
2017-8-21
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Eeeek new update! I don't understand all this drama.
First of heads up to DJI for pushing updates so frequently, what ever it is they fixed, it must be major and kudos for constantly improving our flying experience.
There is nothing worse than a company not supporting their customers or listen to their featback.
I'm excited to test it out but haters gonna hate, we should be happy that we get so much support.
2017-8-21
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

Well, having plenty Dji drones. I would say that even Inspire 2 which is much better than Spark can flyaway or crash. There is no garantee that this will not happen. Even this newest firmware there is nowhere stated that it is no-flyaway no-crash version. It is good for you to update. At least to have peace of mind foe a while until someone reports crash or flyaway.
2017-8-21
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok here is the thing, in the aviation world there are directives issued called AD's (Airworthy Directives) these are issued to operators of aircraft when a potential problem has been identified that, if un checked, would cause a failure or otherwise of an aircraft, which could or would result in damage to property or injuries to people etc.

These AD's are mandatory, we in the aviation world be it General or Commercial are bound by it, the compliance of is controlled by our governing body, such as the FAA or CAA, engineers that look after our aircraft will ensure they are complied with.

These AD's can instantly ground an entire model of aircraft, specific ones or even individual aircraft, some have time to comply some can take effect without delay.

Whether you like it or not, you are the operator of an aircraft and have an obligation to ensure that it is safe to fly, DJI has issued an update which appears to address some issues with the battery management software, which they have declared in the release notes. Irrespective of what your feelings are, they also have an obligation to ensure that the product is as safe as it possibly can be and in this instance they are doing this by issuing a mandatory update.

If you were operating GA aircraft if the CAA/FAA issue an AD then you have to comply, some AD's can be very expensive to apply but your hobby can be grounded unless you do. You can't object or decide not to bother, you get on with it, carry out the check, complete the work & pay the bill and move on.

I for one, would prefer the DJI approach and that they keep updating to make the aircraft as safe and reliable as possible, I have never had a Spark fall from the air, the updates were done and the aircraft test flown. Thats my obligation as a pilot, to ensure that the flight of my aircraft be carried out in a diligent and safe manner and not put people and property at risk.

So you may not like a forced update, ultimately its there for all the right reasons.
2017-8-21
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

I hope this update it everything DJI has promised it to be
2017-8-21
Use props
Dronason
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5689042 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

LRAB Posted at 2017-8-21 02:15
is there an RC update?

Yes, there is an update for the RC.
2017-8-21
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

well hope this fixes the problems if there where any, and stop whining all if you dont like it just throw the spark away
2017-8-21
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

@Buzzyone. Whatif Dji announce that the battery firmware version whatever has error and can cause the aircraft to lost power mid-flight. All owner must update their aircraft firmware immediately or otherwise send their aircraft to Dji for checking.
Isn't it easier.
2017-8-21
Use props
jmfc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35889 ft
Brazil

Mandatory updates are good. At this day and age, you shouldn't have to update, it should happen over the air (like Tesla). When you buy something today, you're buying hardware and software, and software can change over time and get improved while keeping the same hardware.
2017-8-21
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Buzzyone Posted at 2017-8-21 06:02
Ok here is the thing, in the aviation world there are directives issued called AD's (Airworthy Directives) these are issued to operators of aircraft when a potential problem has been identified that, if un checked, would cause a failure or otherwise of an aircraft, which could or would result in damage to property or injuries to people etc.

These AD's are mandatory, we in the aviation world be it General or Commercial are bound by it, the compliance of is controlled by our governing body, such as the FAA or CAA, engineers that look after our aircraft will ensure they are complied with.

this is a very informative and well explained way of saying what i am trying to say. thank you for this post!
2017-8-21
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-8-21 06:08
I hope this update it everything DJI has promised it to be

it probably wont be everything but it will be better i think.
2017-8-21
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

jh8 Posted at 2017-8-21 03:28
How about connectivity improvements for us in Europe (CE) in this FW update?
Does it also include things like:
- Option to manually select 2.4 or 5.8Ghz wifi band (saved after poweroff)?

From what I can test afer upgrading DJI GO4, RC to 1.00.400 and AC to 1.00.600.
I have NOT reset to factory defaults.

OTG is still working but is probably still non official : e.g. it's still not possible to change Wifi channels when in OTG mode.

2.4GHZ / 5.8 GHz choice is still not saved after poweroff

5.8GHz channels that are used are still not complients with European regulatory domain.

As there is nothing about those points in release notes, I guess that nothing has been done or published on that side... They probably had some bigger issues to solve considering they made this update mandatory.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules