DJI Spark Firmware Update Enhances Flight Safety
31472 218 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ASEPK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35515 ft
Indonesia

I updated my spark, if satellite less than 8 max highest is 30m, but more than 8 satellites my spark can reach 100m.
2017-9-4
Use props
djiuser_dTFUPtG
New
Flight distance : 584 ft
Philippines

i have read posts from facebook on the dji group here in the philippines,., some of them have posted problems with their spark,., i cant paste them one by one,., i hope the tech support will join the group and read their comments so that you can fix the problems on the next firmware update.,. thank you!
2017-9-6
Use props
Skartex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5367 ft
Russia

Hello! Please help! I have a Dji Spark in flight lost gps signal and compass, and flew away in an unknown direction. I searched for three days but because of the high grass!
2017-9-6
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

@Zaheed, I do not mean to disagree with you. There is different reason in buying each aircraft model of DJI. For me, the Spark, I want a quad that small that I can fly in the neighbor hood safely to everybody without going away to the nature to fly. I have bought many DJI aircraft enough to not to hurrily go into new firmware trouble. It has been always trouble in the new firmware and Dji knows this. They, previously, allowed us to goback to known best version. But now they don't. Look at Inspire 2 forum. The most expensive 5,000$ range. Those owners are left hucking unusable aircraft with July update firmware and not a word from Dji. This Spark, force update or grounded just to prevent hacking? Probably. Or they are truly want to solve the shutdown mid-air. For me, I find the way to escape from being grounded. I fly Spark every single day with .0500 firmware without problem. I have no intention to do the update until it is false proven. I do allow myself to update another Spark to new firmware and there, minor issue comes, not a serious one, while many other have their Spark encounter IMU Exception followed by no responsive to rc. Probably I am lucky, for now.
Prevent hacking is almost impossible nowadays. But prevent users from hacking is easier. Dji need to look into the reason of the hacking and for Spark and Mavic they just want to fly longer. It is the mistake of DJI to make the quad that can fly that far. All consumer quad should be able to fly within line of sight, let's say 200 m.. Thus the hardware should limit this capability. Similar to the height, no quad should fly above 100 m. Doing this the no fly zone is almost not necessary and the software hack is meaningless. For those quad that have superior capability, they should be sold to only people with professional licence only.
2017-9-6
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Kyokushin Posted at 2017-8-25 13:36
I dont care what they want.
They are messing with MY product what i ALREADY PAID FOR.
Its mine, not DJI.

there are laws in place to contradict almost everything you are saying so it is redundant. there is no point in arguing since it will happen regardless.
2017-9-10
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Thor1 Posted at 2017-9-10 05:30
there are laws in place to contradict almost everything you are saying so it is redundant. there is no point in arguing since it will happen regardless.

Which one?  Point them in Polish law please.

Punishment code:
http://isap.sejm.gov.pl/DetailsServlet?id=WDU19970880553

Air law:
http://isap.sejm.gov.pl/DetailsServlet?id=WDU20021301112

Consumer laws:
https://prawakonsumenta.uokik.gov.pl/

Please explain every single point what i wrote what is to contradict to law.
Or keep silent in the black hole.

Have fun.

P.S.
Yes, i have readed it all. Make me surprise.
2017-9-10
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Kyokushin Posted at 2017-9-10 07:51
Which one?  Point them in Polish law please.

Punishment code:

i guess you win, im not going to waste my time reading that so i give up arguing. not a big loss.
2017-9-10
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Cool, have a nice day!
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

djiuser_dTFUPtG Posted at 2017-9-6 00:12
i have read posts from facebook on the dji group here in the philippines,., some of them have posted problems with their spark,., i cant paste them one by one,., i hope the tech support will join the group and read their comments so that you can fix the problems on the next firmware update.,. thank you!

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to read on your friends having issues. They can always post here or go contact us through here: http://www.dji.com/service/repair
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-22 00:55
I agree too, My Spark fell from the sky a few weeks ago and I've been aprehensive about flying it since. If this update fixes that it'll be a massive relief. I'm guessing it's those who have been lucky enough to have perfectly working sparks are complaining about the updates.

Did you complete the firmware update? How did everything go?
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

671243 Posted at 2017-8-23 21:49
DJI, that's it! As it seems some of your programmers didn’t do their job (again). My Spark has been working perfectly so far, but you want it to become a paper weight. Next thing I will do is to contact my local dealer and return the Spark, because it won’t be any good for me after the first of September. Why should I do an update when the company that caused the problem doesn’t tell me what’s wrong with it? Imagine your car been called to the next garage because reasons.  Congratulations DJI! You do the worst communication in the world. You really know how to destroy trust! The Spark was my second and for sure the last drone I bought from you.

Did you do the update on the aircraft? How is it flying now?
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

djw55 Posted at 2017-8-24 06:38
Aircraft disconnected from remote since update. Says gimble disconnected. Gimble works fine on phone.

Can you reinstall the App to see if you are still having an issue?
2017-9-11
Use props
Hari
lvl.1
United States

My first flight after the update was restricted for height. After restart i don't seem to have the issue anymore. I still stick to flying up to a max of 120 M.

I see my battery says 18 to 20 minutes when i start the flight, previously it used to be 10-12 minutes.

I haven't flown much after the update and no issues so far. Hope it stays that way.
2017-9-11
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hari Posted at 2017-9-11 17:17
My first flight after the update was restricted for height. After restart i don't seem to have the issue anymore. I still stick to flying up to a max of 120 M.

I see my battery says 18 to 20 minutes when i start the flight, previously it used to be 10-12 minutes.

Your increase in battery time is surprising (but not unwelcome).  This is the first I am hearing of such a significant increase in stamina.  I don't think anybody else has seen anything like that level of improvement.
2017-9-11
Use props
Hari
lvl.1
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-11 17:23
Your increase in battery time is surprising (but not unwelcome).  This is the first I am hearing of such a significant increase in stamina.  I don't think anybody else has seen anything like that level of improvement.

I'm traveling and don't have spark with me. Will post a screenshot once i'm back home.
2017-9-11
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hari Posted at 2017-9-11 19:07
I'm traveling and don't have spark with me. Will post a screenshot once i'm back home.

That would be awesome, thanks!  I am resigned to about ten minutes of flight time.  I always fly with the guards on, and I fly up in Colorado (mile high) or more.
2017-9-12
Use props
Rubik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1224921 ft
United Kingdom

This is fine DJI offering all these updates to enhance our flying enjoyment. What they could consider is enabling our 'Sparks' to have maximum output power (FCC standards) for the UK and EU and remove some of the regulations.  
2017-9-12
Use props
djiuser_xLE6O03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1198346 ft
Romania

Skartex Posted at 2017-9-6 01:46
Hello! Please help! I have a Dji Spark in flight lost gps signal and compass, and flew away in an unknown direction. I searched for three days but because of the high grass!

I think .600 come with new features :
1.  Compass error + exit p-gps  http://app.airdata.com/main?shar ... ENERALNotifications[/url]https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=112713&pid=957591
2  "command timed out "  ecounterd first time at my flight number 82 yesterday. Rth operation timed out , pano mode timed out , tripod mode timed out

I can provide ,dat ,txt from phone, video , csv and info.txt from dat . Like i provided for the flight wit compass error , exit p-gps , but without answer
Dji not answered yet what means "[L-BATTERY]no space to save the ipc packet " from log.txt files ......
2017-9-15
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

No more flying away sparky?
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules