Battery blinking green, work with the drone but can't charge.
20531 12 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nox
New
Flight distance : 15558 ft
United Kingdom

Hello future saviour of mine,

I have 3 battery for my mavic.

2battery blink green from the last led (far from the on/off switch)
1 battery just show the same led green, not blinking.
So I just though the 2 batteries are empty and one is almost empty.

The not blinking one have around 10% battery left and can power on the drone without trouble.

But when I try to charge any of this battery from the hub they start blinking very fast to finaly show a red dot on the hub.
When I charged them from the line directly they do the same blinking and it doesn't matter how long I let them there nothing happen.

So ! My power line is dead ? I don't have a car can't try the car charger. Any magic spell ?
2017-8-21
Use props
Mike Webster
New
United States

How about to charge the battery directly through the charger?
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide us with a video which shows the direct charging with the charging cable for this case? When did you activate the battery? If it is confirmed that the LED1 flashes 3 times in one second, you might need to send the battery in if it is still in warranty period.
2017-8-22
Use props
Nox
New
United Kingdom

Mike Webster Posted at 2017-8-21 21:30
How about to charge the battery directly through the charger?

isn't it what I explained ? Tested from the hub and from the charger itself both have same result.
2017-8-22
Use props
Nox
New
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-22 00:05
Could you please provide us with a video which shows the direct charging with the charging cable for this case? When did you activate the battery? If it is confirmed that the LED1 flashes 3 times in one second, you might need to send the battery in if it is still in warranty period.

Here is the video of my battery. But all 3 battery have the same pattern... How could they all be broken at the same time ?
2017-8-22
Use props
Nox
New
China

Ok so I went to the dji shop and they looked at it.

They couldn't find what's wrong, took them to look at it so I will be able to give more news in 2 week. but until then I had to buy 2 new battery
2017-8-22
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

seems normal..  freshly drained battery was unhappy at first, either telling you that you drained it too much or its too warm... but once it started blinking slowly on the plug, just leave it on plug it was then charging it appeared like.. mavic batteries take a good while to charge on the 50watt plug..
2017-8-22
Use props
Nicewun
New

Australia

Nox Posted at 2017-8-22 21:21
Ok so I went to the dji shop and they looked at it.

They couldn't find what's wrong, took them to look at it so I will be able to give more news in 2 week. but until then I had to buy 2 new battery

Hey Nox what was the problem with your battery? Just brought a new mavic and the brand new battery is doing this exact same thing, have had it on the charger for hours and won't even power it on.. led #1 keeps blinking
2017-12-26
Use props
fansde0fe7f5
New
Belgium

Anyone with an answer ?
Suffering the same "led 1 blinking few times a second" - problem...
2018-2-16
Use props
Smiffy62
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9675 ft
United Kingdom

I am having the same issue with a new battery for the Mavic Air... Is there a fix or will it need to be returned?
2018-2-17
Use props
djiuser_y2FdvhyUxapH
New
United States

Same issue with a battery right out of the box. I tried to update the firmware and it died. Only one LED blinks when I try to turn it on. Won't charge or work with the drone.
2018-4-13
Use props
ShawnW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1470105 ft

Hi guys. May not be same problem as I am reading off my phone here but sounds like a problem I had.
Issue was firmware in the battery.
Fix was connect via PC and diagnose/ upgrade using dji program.
There is a great video on this in the forum. Sorry can’t find now.
Credits to the video author.
Good luck.
Shawn
2018-4-13
Use props
Flyp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119022 ft
Australia

Just wanted to add a solution, incase anyone else is searching.  Same problem with my air.

Turns out I had ejected the battery without powering down, so the battery was still "on" and flashing to tell me it was critically low.  I popped it back into the aircraft, which powered up as soon as the battery terminals made contact.  I powered down properly, and it was fixed.

Hope this helps someone out there.
2020-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules