Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ammpexx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1879495 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi everyone,

since in Germany, it's now law-enforced to have a small "license plate" attached to every drone over 250g, I am wandering, where best to put such a thing. They are usually made from Aluminium and about 1" x 1/3" (18x8mm).

Now then: at the top of the drone, such a thing would of course disgrace the look of my beuatiful red spark. Also it might impact the GPS-quality, I am afraid. But then again, at the bottom of the drone, it might influence the WIFI-connection possibly.

Does anyone have experience with those things? Any hints on where to put this stupid label?

2017-8-21
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I think you might need to go back to the rules and discover what they are telling you. If they say it has to be clearly displayed then sadly it will ruin the look of your Spark. If they say it should just be attached to the aircraft then  it could go inside the battery housing.
2017-8-21
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Well that's true, of course. I was just wandering, if any of you have already "tagged" their spark and know, if and how in impacts the performance.

BTW: was those tags have to be fire-resistant, they are mostly made of Aluminium (I guess, this would be almost 1mm thick), as stated before. Don't think, they'll fit in between the battery and the corpus of the drone.
2017-8-21
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

i ordered mine from decal girl and made it subtle. it actually looks pretty sharp. i have the "license plate"(my name address and number) on the back of the battery. at a quick glance its bearly noticable.

Its just a matte black wrap with the info on it.
2017-8-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I would be more interested WHERE DJI would say, it will neither disturb GPS signals (on top of the reiceiver?), nor the wifi signals.
Our little spark is allready having trouble to get all the needed signals for a safe flight.
How quick do you need to know that? Deadline is xx.yy.2017?
2017-8-21
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

How specific is the law about where the label must be?
2017-8-21
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

How specific is the law about where the label must be? Nuance matters.

For example, the new law in Canada says that you must have your name, phone number and address clearly attached to the aircraft. However, under the battery compartment (so that it is concealed by the battery) is ok, so long as "no tools are required" to access it.
2017-8-21
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-8-21 09:26
I would be more interested WHERE DJI would say, it will neither disturb GPS signals (on top of the reiceiver?), nor the wifi signals.
Our little spark is allready having trouble to get all the needed signals for a safe flight.
How quick do you need to know that? Deadline is xx.yy.2017?

that is exactly, what I would like to know...
2017-8-21
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-21 09:07
i ordered mine from decal girl and made it subtle. it actually looks pretty sharp. i have the "license plate"(my name address and number) on the back of the battery. at a quick glance its bearly noticable.

Its just a matte black wrap with the info on it.

well I have got three batteries... ;-) of course, three labels would be an option.. I'd stick it on the bottom of the battery then. Very visible, not disturbing to any signals, I expect.
2017-8-21
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Ammpexx Posted at 2017-8-21 11:15
well I have got three batteries... ;-) of course, three labels would be an option.. I'd stick it on the bottom of the battery then. Very visible, not disturbing to any signals, I expect.

i ordered only one extra battery sticker and they gave me 2
2017-8-21
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

Its going to be a stiker here in Portugal, for small AC.
2017-8-21
Use props
sparkguygc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 230141 ft
Australia

Ammpexx Posted at 2017-8-21 11:15

Why not on Spark body itself but under battery "compartment"?
Only one label then...
2017-8-21
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not required where I am, but I put a label inside mine that says:
Reward!
Call xxx-xxx-xxxx

Right over DJI's label

Put one on my Inspire 2 as well.
2017-8-21
Use props
Ace Flysome
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37671 ft
United States

Ammpexx Posted at 2017-8-21 08:59
Well that's true, of course. I was just wandering, if any of you have already "tagged" their spark and know, if and how in impacts the performance.

BTW: was those tags have to be fire-resistant, they are mostly made of Aluminium (I guess, this would be almost 1mm thick), as stated before. Don't think, they'll fit in between the battery and the corpus of the drone.

In Canada it never mentions what the material the label is to be made from. I just used a label maker and put it inside the battery compartment. although they do say "Clearly" which means I probably should put it outside, but there needs to be a definition of what "Clearly" means.  if you remove the battery it's clearly visible. if it's flying neither of your previously mentioned outside locations would be clearly visible due to distance from the viewer.
2017-8-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-8-21 17:01
Not required where I am, but I put a label inside mine that says:
Reward!
Call xxx-xxx-xxxx

add a mailadress!
And how "those tags have to be fire-resistant" is your label?
B/c thats one of the points: After a spark was literally on/in fire, they still wanna held the owner responsible.
So for me, it would be a "plate" on the batt.
But if it is the sight of the german authorities, to put the plate there, where the most risk for a fire is?
And the part, that can be lost ("lost") as the easiest, too?
;-)
I think I see a perfect space on every battery:
(Or on the arms, I guess. And how is to glue a fireresistant attachment?)
1372.jpg
2017-8-21
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-8-21 18:19
add a mailadress!
And how "those tags have to be fire-resistant" is your label?
B/c thats one of the points: After a spark was literally on/in fire, they still wanna held the owner responsible.

The thing with fire-resistant glue was, of course, matter of instant discussion after release of this law... you'd have to ask the legislative in Germany :-)

But anyway, the side of the battery or inside the arms seems good places indeed...
2017-8-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

... inside the arms seems good places indeed....

You may have to "cut" your plate in two pieces, to get it half and half on the arms, methinks!
Balance, you know? ;-)
Every milligramm ......

2017-8-22
Use props
Ferd!
New
Flight distance : 2339 ft
Netherlands

Ammpexx, do these laws apply to foreigners as well?
2017-8-23
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Hope this doesn't become a requirement here in Canada .. the new rules and upcoming rules are enough to deal with at the moment without this type of requirement in addtion
2017-8-23
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Ferd! Posted at 2017-8-23 10:43
Ammpexx, do these laws apply to foreigners as well?

I am quite sure, they do, yes...
2017-8-23
Use props
Spookymike
lvl.4
Germany

As the first pics of spark came up i hoped it would be under the 250g just because of this dammned aluminium plate regulations here in germany :-( I have bought a small one that fits between the arms under the venting slots. Don´t look good, but it´s the law
2017-8-23
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Okay just to complete this thread: I got the smalles plate available (18x8mm) and got no performance issues, whatsoever placing it right here:

license plate

license plate
2017-9-4
Use props
goal328
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99931 ft
Germany

Placed the data plates LH & RH behind the forward arms, no interference during several flights noted:

data plate

data plate
2017-9-4
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

@Ammpexx, sorry to say, that label is terrible. You can't read anything on it. Hope you didn't pay too much for it, lol.
2017-9-4
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

TranceMist Posted at 2017-8-21 09:32
How specific is the law about where the label must be? Nuance matters.

For example, the new law in Canada says that you must have your name, phone number and address clearly attached to the aircraft. However, under the battery compartment (so that it is concealed by the battery) is ok, so long as "no tools are required" to access it.

I didnt know that detail, good to know!
2017-9-4
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

Since this label is metal, I have some suggestions for anyone else:

If you mount it to the TOP of the drone, put it close to the FRONT. The GPS receiver antenna in the Spark is above the battery. This way you won't get interference.

DO NOT mount it to the side of the body of the drone. That is where your antennas are.

If mounting to arms, choose the BACK arms, but I would suggest against this as well, as they may interfere with radio signal from certain low angles. If you are always flying above yourself, then would not be an issue.

Placing it on the batteries like you did should have no issues, as the battery itself blocks any kind of signals, so I would imagine that DJI accounted for that.
2017-9-4
Use props
goal328
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99931 ft
Germany

OneMatt Posted at 2017-9-4 23:18
Since this label is metal, I have some suggestions for anyone else:

If you mount it to the TOP of the drone, put it close to the FRONT. The GPS receiver antenna in the Spark is above the battery. This way you won't get interference.

Thanks for your suggestion. I also preferred to install the plates on the bottom of the battery but the rule/insurance says it must be placed on the aircraft itself and not on removable parts.
I had a flyaway crash and the battery was detached during the impact, it came to rest some meters away from the Spark.
2017-9-5
Use props
fansc187eb18
New
Flight distance : 245876 ft
Germany

Hello there,

Just follow this instructions of your particular drone. Fly safe:

https://www.globe-flight.de/medi ... e%5B4%5D%5B3%5D.pdf
2017-12-12
Use props
Vulcan-XH554
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

fansc187eb18 Posted at 2017-12-12 12:16
Hello there,

Just follow this instructions of your particular drone. Fly safe:

Thank you for this, very helpful.
2017-12-12
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

I placed my like this as the recommendation from dji does block the usage of the prop-guards: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1296357
2017-12-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

This is the recommended place to put the plate according to DJI Germany and it fully corresponds with some good advice given above. And yes, the battery is not a valid place according to the regulations. In addition most users have more than one battery and placing a plate that meets the requirements on each of them would be waste of money.
20170918_233025.jpg
2017-12-16
Use props
djiuser_LGuWVZZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64990 ft
France

Where can I order a plate like that?
2017-12-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

djiuser_LGuWVZZ Posted at 2017-12-16 09:30
Where can I order a plate like that?

Do you need them in France too? If you can read some German (maybe the sites get translated as well) just google or ebay "Drohnen Plakette" and you will find many choices.
2017-12-16
Use props
djiuser_LGuWVZZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64990 ft
France

Drones law in France is very relax at the moment but Im going to Germany soon though.
2017-12-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

djiuser_LGuWVZZ Posted at 2017-12-16 09:50
Drones law in France is very relax at the moment but Im going to Germany soon though.

Then it will be better to have one. And they are really useful in case you lose your Spark. People can contact you when they find it.
2017-12-16
Use props
choban
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30784 ft
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-16 05:02
This is the recommended place to put the plate according to DJI Germany and it fully corresponds with some good advice given above. And yes, the battery is not a valid place according to the regulations. In addition most users have more than one battery and placing a plate that meets the requirements on each of them would be waste of money.

That's strange. This is what I found:
https://www.globe-flight.de/medi ... e%5B4%5D%5B3%5D.pdf

It looks like an official DJI document with instructions where to place labels.
2017-12-16
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

And if we want to add GPS tracker as extra - when to find place for this one?
2017-12-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

choban Posted at 2017-12-16 10:30
That's strange. This is what I found:
https://www.globe-flight.de/mediafiles/Anleitungen/DJI/EN%20Label%20Position%20Guide%5B4%5D%5B3%5D.pdf

This must be new then, I have seen the other recommendation. But whatever works is good, thus no worries.
2017-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules