12Next >
2005 48 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

i am ordering my inspire 2 today but have become concerned with the new firmware update. what is the main problems? i guess i will not be doing this firmware for flying this time. unless it has been resolved or able to be rolled back please let me know thanks
2017-8-21
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

DJI has not officially acknowledged any issues with the firmware. So it might just be a ghost for some of us.

Or, could be due to certain hardware versions of components within the Inspire 2 or the remote control ... Or the people suffering issues could just be a small and isolated group that had some "very rare issue" updating firmware.

As far as the product you receive, if it is not the firmware that was released in June of 2017, I'd probably not update until more is known. If you get that firmware in your Inspire 2 when you receive it, then chances are it will work just fine. Maybe it is just our "older" Inspire 2's that are now hurt by the update?

Don't let the firmware issue deter you from making the purchase. Prior to the firmware update, we were thoroughly impressed (I mean SERIOUSLY impressed) with the Inspire 2.
2017-8-21
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

"SERIOUSLY impressed with the Inspire 2"

I will second that.
Awesome machine!
2017-8-21
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

Read and make your own educated choice.

Impulse buys are never a good idea. If you need the hardware for current work, get it. If you want it to be cool then it’s not a smart purchase. We all have not made smart purchases at one time but hopefully we learn from them.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Our engineers will try their best to get it sorted if there is any problem, please make your own choice.
In my opinion, it is a professional machine for filmmaking industry.
2017-8-21
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-21 21:12
Our engineers will try their best to get it sorted if there is any problem, please make your own choice.
In my opinion, it is a professional machine for filmmaking industry.

It used to be a great drone until DJI screwed up the Firmware , How about the Firmware Rollback to a working older firmware ....  

DJI Mindy,

I know your not going to answer me, Figured I would write anyway!!!!
2017-8-22
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

For anyone wants to buy any DJI products, you will be better served if you buy from your local authorised dealer. The reason is that they will sure look after you in order to compete with DJI in the first place. My local dealer will test flight the I2 and set it up for free before handing over the keys to me. If there is any future issue, they will swap a new bird and deal with DJI directly. Of course, dealer will have their own process to transact with DJI. We as a user don't want to get involved, just want to enjoy the product. For the same price and better service, I know what I will choose for sending in my money.
2017-8-22
Use props
Cymon66
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-8-22 04:04
It used to be a great drone until DJI screwed up the Firmware , How about the Firmware Rollback to a working older firmware ....  

DJI Mindy,

I agree....  I hardly use my I-2 now because it's half the drone it was, when they originally released the spec.  I personally get better enjoyment out of my M-600 and Mavic.

Don't bother with what "DJI Mindy" says either.  She and all the other (so called DJI admin crew), just fob you off with crap about how their engineers are working on the problem ....  ..They aren't bothered at all in a few isolated cases and only reply to one or two direct questions, then go silent!......  Here, let's put it to the test..... DJI MINDY..WHY WONT DJI ALLOW US FIRMWARE ROLLBACK.???....  lets see if I get a direct answer...

My honest opinion....  I wish I'd kept my inspire 1 pro..

2017-8-23
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cymon66 Posted at 2017-8-23 04:15
I agree....  I hardly use my I-2 now because it's half the drone it was, when they originally released the spec.  I personally get better enjoyment out of my M-600 and Mavic.

Don't bother with what "DJI Mindy" says either.  She and all the other (so called DJI admin crew), just fob you off with crap about how their engineers are working on the problem ....  ..They aren't bothered at all in a few isolated cases and only reply to one or two direct questions, then go silent!......  Here, let's put it to the test..... DJI MINDY..WHY WONT DJI ALLOW US FIRMWARE ROLLBACK.???....  lets see if I get a direct answer...

Thank you Cymon ,

I agree with you 100 percent , now I wished I also did not sell my Inspire 1 Raw .

This is by design that DJI screwed up the firmware for legal issues ,  worried about users who fly near airports and controlled airspace ,  which is more likely with the less expensive marvic or spark models .

So let kill the flagship drone " Inspire 2"

This is why DJI won't answer us !!!

And drop the ability to rollback firmware  ... makes sense to me.
2017-8-23
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

Paraviz02, i ordered the i2 on moday should be here by friday just in time for my next real-estate job! i am so excited and hopefully will be waiting for the next i2 update if all goes well from other i2 users. i have a friend who has the i2 and it is absolutely incredible.Also for the people who are complaining i have full trust in DJI that the next firmware or two will fix your issues.
2017-8-23
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

EagleEyeUAV Posted at 2017-8-23 05:32
Paraviz02, i ordered the i2 on moday should be here by friday just in time for my next real-estate job! i am so excited and hopefully will be waiting for the next i2 update if all goes well from other i2 users. i have a friend who has the i2 and it is absolutely incredible.Also for the people who are complaining i have full trust in DJI that the next firmware or two will fix your issues.

Eagle ,

Good luck to your new Inspire 2 coming on Friday.

Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones ..

2017-8-23
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

yeah i hope so, i just spent so much on dual operator i pray i am a lucky one!

2017-8-23
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

I imagine guys not testing range and flying under 100m in a clean 2.4 or 5.8 environment may be OK, but for us with job requiring us to fly further out as it advertized to do are upset and rightfully so. If it not fixed soon there will be some bad press for DJI.
2017-8-23
Use props
Cymon66
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Read everyone's posts.  There is major discussions and discontent with what DJI have done with the I-2 since its launch!   it's the one drone, I'd say not to buy...  you can buy my one if you like?
2017-8-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

All I can say is the Inspire 2 is a awesome machine. it is up to you and your circumstances, but I am very pleased with my I2. It is a lot of money floating in the sky which can make the average person cringe when things are not working correctly. None of us want the investment to crash into a pile of junk....

Some are having trouble with the FW which is sad to hear. DJI is working on  sorting it out or finding a solution.
Best of luck with your decision

Rich
2017-8-23
Use props
GeoffT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Imagine that someone suddenly realised that cars were killing huge numbers of people, politicians were under pressure to get it sorted. You can easily imagine a scenario of geo-fencing for everything on the road and considerable reduction in power and speed. First release day of this system is going to upset huge numbers of good drivers and potentially cause more accidents than the measures were supposed to sort out. Personally I have no desire or need to fly huge range but I have been impacted with loss of signal and the strong wireless interference issue not far away from my bird. I hope it will be sorted out soon and have great sympathy for those that need to make a living from what used to be an amazing piece of kit. Perhaps they should remake those promotional videos that sold so many Inspire 2s but only after updating firmware of course.
2017-8-23
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Well, I agree with many here that DJI will definitely fix this and will definitely get a handle on whatever the problem actually is.

But in the future, it would be excellent if DJI could take these things a lot more seriously for a drone like the Inspire 2, since it is truly an amazing piece of technology that many of us use for business purposes. At the very least, it's an extremely huge investment as a toy -- but even as a toy there's no excuse for allowing this to happen.

I'm very happy that not everyone has been dealing with these issues. But as far as any new Inspire 2 purchases go, probably best to leave the firmware as is until there's more information from DJI about what caused the problem and how the specific resolution is to be deployed. I would not wish it on anyone to update their firmware and have to deal with this mess.
2017-8-23
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Cymon66 Posted at 2017-8-23 04:15

Have you tried the new DJI Go 4 app that was release yesterday?  So far, all the issues I had have not reappeared.  No CPU warnings and the video was smooth.  That's after flights 2 in 90ºF  weather..  I'll be testing some more probably later today.
2017-8-23
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Disregard  my last post, the CPU warnings and choppy video have returned today after flying perfectly yesterday.
2017-8-23
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-8-23 11:12
Disregard  my last post, the CPU warnings and choppy video have returned today after flying perfectly yesterday.

That's such a bummer. So sorry to hear that, Blackwood.

I do wish DJI would acknowledge these things. It's almost insulting that they act like it's not an apparent issue.
2017-8-23
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I can't believe this has been going for months with no end in sight , going to investigate the you tube video of roll back firmware .

DJI Thank you for you help , Lol

Frank Wang , must be saying look at the suckers who purchased my drones ....while smoking Cuban Cigars on the beach !
2017-8-23
Use props
MtnDoo
lvl.1
United States

Exactly what issues are being reported?

- CPU warnings
- choppy video

What else is impaired?

Thx!
2017-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Blackwood Posted at 2017-8-23 11:12

Ok, that's just weird. Why would it work flawlessly on day one, but by day two, all hope was lost...?

Hope you all get this fixed soon and back to normal programming... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-23 08:24
All I can say is the Inspire 2 is a awesome machine. it is up to you and your circumstances, but I am very pleased with my I2. It is a lot of money floating in the sky which can make the average person cringe when things are not working correctly. None of us want the investment to crash into a pile of junk....

Some are having trouble with the FW which is sad to hear. DJI is working on  sorting it out or finding a solution.

Hey Rich, gee I am sorry to read about you problems with the I2.

Who would ever have thought that even the higher end DJI products are not fault free.
It's too bad that we are unable to see the problems in a firmware update, before we load it.
Hopefully, DJI are working diligently on some new firmware code for you folks experiencing this current set back/let down.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-24 08:31
Hey Rich, gee I am sorry to read about you problems with the I2.

Who would ever have thought that even the higher end DJI products are not fault free.

Hi RHP
My Inspire 2 is working wonderfully and the only problem I had was with a brand new X4S camera. DJI replaced it and the new one works perfectly.  

As for the Go 4 App, plenty of bugs need to be sorted out, seems like everytime they fix 1 thing 3 new issues pop up   

Rich
2017-8-24
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-24 08:41
Hi RHP
My Inspire 2 is working wonderfully and the only problem I had was with a brand new X4S camera. DJI replaced it and the new one works perfectly.  

Hey Rich, what device are you using to run the app?  My iPad Air never had issues and my I2 flew great until the June firmware and the latest app versions.
2017-8-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-8-24 08:56
Hey Rich, what device are you using to run the app?  My iPad Air never had issues and my I2 flew great until the June firmware and the latest app versions.

Hey BW
I am using a iPad mini 4 and have the new iPad Pro 10.5  The mini 4 is working fine for me, I need to get a new remote holder for the new Pro 10.5. The new iPad is super fast and really works very well. Also, need to get another Hoodman larger device hood....  

My personal preference is I like using the smaller mini 4.  I cleaned the video cache from my mini 4 which seemed to help the CPU loaded issue for me.

Rich
2017-8-24
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-24 09:41
Hey BW
I am using a iPad mini 4 and have the new iPad Pro 10.5  The mini 4 is working fine for me, I need to get a new remote holder for the new Pro 10.5. The new iPad is super fast and really works very well. Also, need to get another Hoodman larger device hood....  

I was planning on doing a couple of tests today with my iPhone 6s plus and my boss's iPad Pro but the temps and humidity are down today so it wouldn't be a good comparison.  I can tell that the temperature and humidity have something to do with the issues I'm having with the iPad Air, but my complaint is that I've always worked in these temps without a problem before the app and firmware updates.  I shouldn't have to buy new hardware when it worked just fine before DJI started screwing with their software.
2017-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-24 08:41
Hi RHP

It's odd to me, that DJI the most popular drone company, on the tiny spinning planet, continues to put out faulty firmware, or buggered drones themselves.  What happened to discriminating techs who test their products thoroughly before shipping?  Same with the app/s, who's testing this stuff?
Why has there been so many drone pilots sharing their horror stories, and it's across the board.
I had secretly hoped it was only a few Phantom drones affected but we see similar negative experiences after updates, in the Inspire forum and others as well.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-24
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-24 12:56
It's odd to me, that DJI the most popular drone company, on the tiny spinning planet, continues to put out faulty firmware, or buggered drones themselves.  What happened to discriminating techs who test their products thoroughly before shipping?  Same with the app/s, who's testing this stuff?
Why has there been so many drone pilots sharing their horror stories, and it's across the board.
I had secretly hoped it was only a few Phantom drones affected but we see similar negative experiences after updates, in the Inspire forum and others as well.

Again, IMHO, the only real issue with all this never ending FW/SW crap is that it becomes more and more complex, challenging processor's ability to deal with. It also challenges a team of code writers to keep everything under control, avoid mistakes and typos during every revision, no matter how brilliant they are. It's about time to realize the necessity to create more streamlined versions of Go app, perhaps separate for every DJI drone model rather than one universal monstrosity. I'm not a code writer whatsoever, I have absolutely no clue what's going on under the hood, but that's what engineer's instinct is telling me. Make it simple ...
2017-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-8-24 15:55
Again, IMHO, the only real issue with all this never ending FW/SW crap is that it becomes more and more complex, challenging processor's ability to deal with. It also challenges a team of code writers to keep everything under control, avoid mistakes and typos during every revision, no matter how brilliant they are. It's about time to realize the necessity to create more streamlined versions of Go app, perhaps separate for every DJI drone model rather than one universal monstrosity. I'm not a code writer whatsoever, I have absolutely no clue what's going on under the hood, but that's what engineer's instinct is telling me. Make it simple ...

Yes, life was much more simple in the olden days. ;-)

You are not the only one to mention bloat ware and undue additions to an already bursting with code, Go app. I remember back when we were all using the Pilot App, before the upgraded Go app was released. It certainly had far less parameters, but it was quite stable, and never gave me, or others
I converse with, any concerns.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-8-24 10:46
I was planning on doing a couple of tests today with my iPhone 6s plus and my boss's iPad Pro but the temps and humidity are down today so it wouldn't be a good comparison.  I can tell that the temperature and humidity have something to do with the issues I'm having with the iPad Air, but my complaint is that I've always worked in these temps without a problem before the app and firmware updates.  I shouldn't have to buy new hardware when it worked just fine before DJI started screwing with their software.

I agree with you, but DJI keeps tweeking and adding new features. Plus they are making the Go App huge (bloatware) the file size was over 350meg now. As they add more stuff the iPad CPU is working even harder. I am running my iPhone 7 with the Mavic Pro and it get pretty warm but keeps working just fine. I know when they went away from the Pilot App, we complained back then however no one listened to us. Then they added the editor with live streaming... this just keeps adding more workload to the CPU. I would pray they give us a Pro version Go 4 App for the Inspire 2 without all this stuff or give us the option to turn it off.

I feel pretty lucky that must of my aircraft are working well for what I do as a hobby.   

Rich
2017-8-24
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-24 17:01
I agree with you, but DJI keeps tweeking and adding new features. Plus they are making the Go App huge (bloatware) the file size was over 350meg now. As they add more stuff the iPad CPU is working even harder. I am running my iPhone 7 with the Mavic Pro and it get pretty warm but keeps working just fine. I know when they went away from the Pilot App, we complained back then however no one listened to us. Then they added the editor with live streaming... this just keeps adding more workload to the CPU. I would pray they give us a Pro version Go 4 App for the Inspire 2 without all this stuff or give us the option to turn it off.

I feel pretty lucky that must of my aircraft are working well for what I do as a hobby.   

"I feel pretty lucky that most of my aircraft are working well for what I do as a hobby ..."

Exactly the same here, Rich, no matter hobby or not. Aside several hiccups this summer, not related to functionality of my drones but to NFZ issues, all birds are performing just fine with over a year old firmware and Go app. I do not complain because I can't deliver snacks to a Space Station crew. I don't complain because I can't cross the ocean without loosing control due to the nature of things. That's why I still hesitate to update and risk bricking my drones by whatever bug was recently introduced into firmware or Go app. Or by whatever mistake I'll make during update procedure ... Or by whatever not favourable stars configuration was present at this particular moment ...
2017-8-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-8-24 18:07
"I feel pretty lucky that most of my aircraft are working well for what I do as a hobby ..."

Exactly the same here, Rich, no matter hobby or not. Aside several hick-ups this summer, not related to functionality of my drones but to NFZ issues, all birds are performing just fine with over a year old firmware and Go app. I do not complain because I can't deliver snacks to a Space Station crew. I don't complain because I can't cross the ocean without loosing control due to the nature of things. That's why I still hesitate to update and risk bricking my drones by whatever bug was recently introduced into firmware or Go app. Or by whatever mistake I'll make during update procedure ... Or by whatever not favourable stars configuration was present at this particular moment ...

Hi Mathew,
I had a big smile while reading your comments. If I hadn't volunteered for the beta testing my Inspire 1,  it would have been on 1.81 and the remote on 1.6. After the beta testing we could not roll back and I was stuck. So, I keep updating this Inspire 1 as the new FW rolls out and so far I have been very happy.  
As you remember as they changed the FW from the beginning, we lost things  speed, battery control, downward vision drifting etc... These things are not perfect, but pretty darn awesome machines.  

I hope they fix the Inspire 2, because this was very expensive toy that deserves to fly fast and far.  

Rich

2017-8-24
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-8-24 18:07

Exactly the same here, Rich, no matter hobby or not. Aside several hiccups this summer, not related to functionality of my drones but to NFZ issues, all birds are performing just fine with over a year old firmware and Go app. I do not complain because I can't deliver snacks to a Space Station crew. I don't complain because I can't cross the ocean without loosing control due to the nature of things. That's why I still hesitate to update and risk bricking my drones by whatever bug was recently introduced into firmware or Go app. Or by whatever mistake I'll make during update procedure ... Or by whatever not favourable stars configuration was present at this particular moment ...

Well, we need to give thanks to those who updated their drones and sacrificed everything, who allowed us to discover that certain firmwares are a disaster and for the lucky few to not upgrade. ;)
2017-8-25
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

I went ahead and did the update Bird is perfect now! Guess i was one of the lucky ones!
2017-8-30
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

EagleEyeUAV Posted at 2017-8-30 07:22
I went ahead and did the update Bird is perfect now! Guess i was one of the lucky ones!

AHHH you are very lucky!

I wonder what the heck the difference is for yours versus mine?!
2017-8-30
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

I wounder the same thing. Is it possible that I did a different process in the firmware upgrade? This is how my process went since it was late at night and I was very tired. First I plugged in the bird to my computer with windows 10, 1 updated the bird alone, 2 AC controller, 3 CC controller, then 4 the next morning at work I did the camera on the bird, all done with dji assistant 2 on bird and x5s. what i am really getting at is I did camera and bird separetly from each other. Is it possible that I checked connection to the drone and made sure it all worked before I did the x5s that somehow it was able to communicate better through process of firmware?

I don't understand how some take this firmware and others do not, i will say however this bird is incredible, and i hope you are all in the air very soon!
2017-8-31
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

EagleEyeUAV Posted at 2017-8-31 05:17
I wounder the same thing. Is it possible that I did a different process in the firmware upgrade? This is how my process went since it was late at night and I was very tired. First I plugged in the bird to my computer with windows 10, 1 updated the bird alone, 2 AC controller, 3 CC controller, then 4 the next morning at work I did the camera on the bird, all done with dji assistant 2 on bird and x5s. what i am really getting at is I did camera and bird separetly from each other. Is it possible that I checked connection to the drone and made sure it all worked before I did the x5s that somehow it was able to communicate better through process of firmware?

I don't understand how some take this firmware and others do not, i will say however this bird is incredible, and i hope you are all in the air very soon!

Rock on ... yea the Inspire 2 is (when it doesn't have a firmware issue) an unbelievable piece of machine.

I can't remember how we did the upgrade. We had actually just received it back from DJI and couldn't get the RC to work. After we got that to work, we could not spin in the air, so in an effort to try and fix the controls, it ended up that we just tried the firmware update.

Pretty sure the camera was connected, and the first time we ran the firmware update, it went "successful" but then gave some error about something so we ran the update again.

I probably should have documented what happened, but I never would have guessed there would be any issues.
2017-8-31
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-31 05:53
Rock on ... yea the Inspire 2 is (when it doesn't have a firmware issue) an unbelievable piece of machine.

I can't remember how we did the upgrade. We had actually just received it back from DJI and couldn't get the RC to work. After we got that to work, we could not spin in the air, so in an effort to try and fix the controls, it ended up that we just tried the firmware update.

To Richj53,

Can you please tell me if your flying the Inspire 1 or the Inspire 2 ?
If your flying the Inspire 2 , can you please tell me what firmware your using ?

Trying figure out why some of the Inspire 2 work fine with the June 2017 firmware .

Thank you in advance

Neil
2017-8-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules