6364 14 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

As I am almost ready to buy the Spark (still hoping about a confirmation on 25fps though), I am wondering weather my iPhone SE will 'do the trick' for DJI Go 4.
As it is quite small, considering the average screen size of other phones nowadays.

It is my only phone and I'd rather not buy another one, but....
If it will hinder my flight experience, maybe I will have to.

Anybody having experienced this combo?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

2017-8-21
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

iPhone SE is listed as one of the compatible phones, along with the 5s, which is what the SE is, with a slightly faster processor.  if you wanted a dedicated device for flying, you can pick up a wifi only ipad mini 2 or newer on gazelle for around 160 bucks.  probably even cheaper on ebay.  personally i'd stick with apple products as the go4 app seems to be a bit more stable than the android counterpart.  
2017-8-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks. I am wondering if the screen size of the SE is enough to give a 'good' flying experience.
I'd rather not carry an extra device around, but if I 'have to' ;)
2017-8-21
Use props
Surface2Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-21 11:15
Thanks. I am wondering if the screen size of the SE is enough to give a 'good' flying experience.
I'd rather not carry an extra device around, but if I 'have to' ;)

I would say it is enough for a 'good' experience - try it and see for yourself. I switch back and forth between an iPad and an iPhone, flying LOS (line of sight) more often then not anyways and reference the screen every now and then.
2017-8-21
Use props
Enri
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683501 ft
Italy

Let's say my Iphone SE works good in fast drone deploy  ops ...but I have much more fun with my Ipad Pro 9.7" - The latest works really great in terms of connectivity! And geez SE has double RAM comparded with 5s
2017-8-21
Use props
JohnBa
New
Flight distance : 183848 ft
Germany

Hi Peter,

I'm using an iPhone SE with my Spark and remote controller. It works perfectly. Of course the screen size is limited but you can see everything and use the app very fluently. I don't see the need to buy a bigger/faster smartphone.

John
2017-8-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks both.
For now I don't own a drone.
But close to buying one.

Probably a Spark.

And I don't have any other options yet but two older android devices (Samsung Note 10.1 and HTC one S)
Both too old and not running Android 4.4.2 or higher.
So hardware and software not enough I guess and I am stuck with an iPhone SE until it seems worth the purchase

Can you post a printscreen from the SE with DJI Go4?
2017-8-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

JohnBa Posted at 2017-8-21 11:55
Hi Peter,

I'm using an iPhone SE with my Spark and remote controller. It works perfectly. Of course the screen size is limited but you can see everything and use the app very fluently. I don't see the need to buy a bigger/faster smartphone.

Thanks!
One less reason NOT to buy a drone
2017-8-21
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I use an iPhone SE and I am very happy with it.  Bought it at Wal-Mart for $159.  Never activated as a phone.  Just loaded DJI Go 4 from the App Store.
2017-8-21
Use props
drewaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99163 ft
United States

I tried an SE and did not like the small screen.  way too much going on with the software and very difficult to see it all on such a small screen.  switched to an iPad mini and the flying experience is much improved.  and safer I think
2017-8-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

drewaz Posted at 2017-8-21 21:46
I tried an SE and did not like the small screen.  way too much going on with the software and very difficult to see it all on such a small screen.  switched to an iPad mini and the flying experience is much improved.  and safer I think

Thanks.
I will see how it goes and decide after some time what I'm going to do.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The iPhone SE is on the support device list, it is compatible with DJI GO 4. No worries. 移动设备列表.jpg

2017-8-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-21 22:02
The iPhone SE is on the support device list, it is compatible with DJI GO 4. No worries. [view_image]

No worries about that, just about the small screen of the SE and if that is enough for a nice flying experience.
Or that the app is optimized for larger screens and I will have a hard time using it on the SE.
2017-8-22
Use props
Corkyboy14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294114 ft
Saint Helena

JohnBa Posted at 2017-8-21 11:55
Hi Peter,

What about the Mavic 2 Pro?  Would it be good enough for that?
2019-7-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Corkyboy14 Posted at 7-9 07:46
What about the Mavic 2 Pro?  Would it be good enough for that?

It has nothing to do with the drone actually.
As long as the device runs Go4, you are good.
BUT, the tiny screen can be a bit too small for my likes.
I actually switched to the 6s that has a bit more screen to fill
2019-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules