Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
cannot format SD-card on Phantom 3 SE
3571 10 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_llZj95D
New
Flight distance : 10 ft
Germany

I am fiddling now a whole week to get one of my 3 SD-cards recognized in the Phantom 3 SE.
First my cards: SanDisk ULTRA Micro SDHC 32GB class 10 (2x),
Samsung microSDHC UHS-1 class 10 64GB (1x).
All three cards work fine in my Laptop (Windows 8.1), can format with no problems.
So what I tried so far:
1. tried all 3 brand new cards (out of the box) in the Phantom--> SD card unknown error, tried to format with the RC DJI 3.1.10-->format failed.
(this happened with all 3 cards!!!)
2. formatted the Sd-cards with my Laptop with program SD-Format-->success. Put it in the AC-->SD card failed!
3. Tried an old 16GB Kingston SDHC wih only class 4 (too slow , not suitable, anyway) but formatted first on my Laptop with SD-format-->success.
   Now I put it into the AC and it WORKED!!!
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ,HERE!!!!
4. Now I format this card under DIJ-GO--->format failed.
RESULT: It is definately a SOFTWARE Problem in the AC-Software in the Gimbal, running new Version 1.3.20 for the Phantom 3 SE.
I AM REALLY disappointed and if this is not fixed by DJI, I want my money back!

And now the second Problem. On the original AC Version 1.2.10 the video lag was around 0.5 seconds, with the new version 1.3..20 it is more then 5 seconds!!
And this a definately a NOGO!
2017-8-21
Use props
Vikrant
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142516 ft
Australia

I have a P3 SE as well. Same issue when I bought it first. I tried 4 different cards and none of them worked. After many tries found one card that worked . It is the Sandisk Ultra 64 GB class 10 (White and Grey). Note that the new Sandisk Ultra (Red and grey) doesn't work in my Phantom 3 SE.   
2017-9-1
Use props
nickeystudios
New
Germany

I have the same problem, all cards ARE COMPATIBLE from the list but no one is working! I'm actually very sad and mad about it, for 650€ it should work without any problems.. but the only card is working, is an OLD 8 GB sandisk Ultra card.. and that card i don't want to use, because it's not ready for 4K...

Hopefully there will be a fix soon for it, otherwise i want my money back too.

@Vikrant I bought that card, this is also not working for me.
2017-9-16
Use props
Chatikib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627979 ft
Netherlands

I also use SanDisk ULTRA Micro SDHC 32GB class 10 without problems. But... at first I format  these cards on a computer in 'exFat' mode. After that the P3SE ask for reformating and it works without any problem.
2017-9-17
Use props
zazaki
lvl.1

Switzerland

I am having the same trouble & brainstorming. It makes me nervous and I am tired about this ...

I ruined an ADATA 64Gb card. I bought a Sandisk Extreme Pro 32Gb, thinking it was the must to have. It's not working, except sometimes when shooting in HD. Otherwise "invalid sd card" ; "format failed"... same symptoms as mentioned before. I have tried 2 Sandisk Extreme Pro.

AN old Kingston 32Gb UHS-1 is working. But it's light for 4k.

And I have this delay too...

Please DJI fix that. Your product is great, image quality is a blast. But SD card feature is a pain. We need explanation about this.
2017-11-21
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

I have a phantom 3 SE about 3 months and i never hear about this error till now ...... i formated all my SD cards 16GB Kingston, 32GB Sandisk and 64gb Kingston (all class 10) about 15 times in 3 months ,no getting problems in this part. Hope Dji solve the prob soon

2017-11-21
Use props
zazaki
lvl.1

Switzerland

Furthermore:

2 SDHC cards Sandisk Extreme Pro 32Gb (UHD speed class 3) : so shooting in 4K. Only HD works...
1 SDXC Samsung Evo+ (UHD 3 or class 10, not clear which one...) 64Gb : same as above
1 SDHC Sandisk Ultra 32Gb (class 10) : same as above

But:

1 Kingston class 4 32Gb : shooting in 4k available, even if the DJI app mentions the card isn't "fast" enough.

I find out my Phantom 3 SE and its camera has serious problem with micro SD cards

2017-11-27
Use props
RussianSpyDrone
lvl.1
Canada

zazaki Posted at 2017-11-27 05:54
Furthermore:

2 SDHC cards Sandisk Extreme Pro 32Gb (UHD speed class 3) : so shooting in 4K. Only HD works...

Hello did you ever resolve this? I am still having the same problems
2019-2-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

RussianSpyDrone Posted at 2-9 21:09
Hello did you ever resolve this? I am still having the same problems

Here, read this about SD cards: https://forum.dji.com/thread-167632-1-1.html
2019-2-9
Use props
RussianSpyDrone
lvl.1
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2-9 22:23
Here, read this about SD cards: https://forum.dji.com/thread-167632-1-1.html

Thanks for the link. What I don't understand is why people mostly have this issue with SE's and why older and slower cards work for them instead their new faster one, like my case and the people who posted above. My card is genuine I even called SanDisk support and confirmed that it is, even though I doubt BestBuy would be selling counterfeit cards....

Wanted to get some winter flying in this weekend but I guess not. Screw these SE issues, should have saved for a P4
2019-2-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

RussianSpyDrone Posted at 2-10 00:04
Thanks for the link. What I don't understand is why people mostly have this issue with SE's and why older and slower cards work for them instead their new faster one, like my case and the people who posted above. My card is genuine I even called SanDisk support and confirmed that it is, even though I doubt BestBuy would be selling counterfeit cards....

Wanted to get some winter flying in this weekend but I guess not. Screw these SE issues, should have saved for a P4

Please not that those people were reporting an issue two years ago, so it is unlikely to still be a problem today. I do not recall hearing a disproportionate number of SE owners reporting problems though. I agree BestBuy are not likely to sell counterfeit cards, but it may simply be a faulty card that you have.
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules